Is it an Employer's Right to Discriminate?

Employers do have a right to discriminate and do so all the time.

They're just not allowed to (legally) discriminate based on race, gender, religion, and I think one or two more.

But they can certainly discriminate based on intelligence, personality, relocation, and even your favorite sports team or rock band.

And employers can and should discriminate based on how fuckin' stupid a candidate is.

take a look around here.

99% of the posters here shouldn't be allowed to carry a bucket of shit without a supervisor in tow. I'd consider it an act of compassion to keep them out of the work place.

All the while, some other gentleman was turned down at the door.

If, and I am not saying you did, you got your job based on AA then you did not get your job on your own merits.

Also, Care, it is impossible for a white christian male to claim he was discriminated against even if he was not hired because the company needed to hire a woman to keep from being sued.

Immie

What does Christian male have to do with it immie? WHY do you keep saying Christian males when religion and gender IS PROTECTED?

And utter bullcrap that I was ever hired on the grounds of me simply being a female and me getting a job over ANY MALE because of me being a female....I got my jobs and promotions because I was given the opportunity TO PROVE MYSELF and being BETTER and more qualified at the job than any other worker, INCLUDING blacks, hispanics, or white christian MALES.

Do you know what "IF" means? Do you need a dictionary?

Religion is only protected when it is a minority religion.

Gender is only protected when it is of the so-called "weaker" sex.

Immie

PROOF PLEASE of what you just said about religious protection and gender protection.

thx,

Care

PS. have you ever been qualified for a job, that you were not given, because the employer gave it to a non qualified female instead?

HAS ANY MAN on here been denied a job they were qualified for due to not being the preferred gender of equal protection law?

What does Christian male have to do with it immie? WHY do you keep saying Christian males when religion and gender IS PROTECTED?

And utter bullcrap that I was ever hired on the grounds of me simply being a female and me getting a job over ANY MALE because of me being a female....I got my jobs and promotions because I was given the opportunity TO PROVE MYSELF and being BETTER and more qualified at the job than any other worker, INCLUDING blacks, hispanics, or white christian MALES.

Immie

PROOF PLEASE of what you just said about religious protection and gender protection.

thx,

Care

PS. have you ever been qualified for a job, that you were not given, because the employer gave it to a non qualified female instead?

HAS ANY MAN on here been denied a job they were qualified for due to not being the preferred gender of equal protection law?

As a matter of fact, I have been.

I called regarding a job that I was qualified for.

I was told flat out by the owner of the company that I was qualified for the job, but that he wanted to hire a woman for the job. Whether or not the woman was not qualfied for the job is immaterial.

I was pissed.

Two hours later I considered calling him back and informing him of who I was and telling him that I worked for the Dept of Labor and had been investigating a discrimination complaint. If I had been able to see his face over the phone, I would have done so.

And that my dear, is proof of gender protection. There was no where I could have turned about that particular case of discrimination. It would have been my word against his but had I been a woman and he told me he wanted a man, the state would have been all over his ass.

Immie

Last edited:

I believe I was, but I have no way of knowing for sure. And I wouldn't have wasted my time and energy suing them even if I could have proven it.

All I know is that the hiring manager (my would be boss) told me I was his first choice, hands down and they would be working up an offer. Two days later I hear through my recruiter that they offered the position to another candidate (who happened to be a woman). I also later learned that they had recently settled two lawsuits for gender discrimination against female employees.

I believe I was, but I have no way of knowing for sure. And I wouldn't have wasted my time and energy suing them even if I could have proven it.

All I know is that the hiring manager (my would be boss) told me I was his first choice, hands down and they would be working up an offer. Two days later I hear through my recruiter that they offered the position to another candidate (who happened to be a woman). I also later learned that they had recently settled two lawsuits for gender discrimination against female employees.

I had a similar experience myself, I interviewed for a job at a Corporation, went through 7 interviews for the position with various executives for the company. Then they flew me to newark to some psychologist's office to take some all day personality test, (the Doctor was also on their board of directors) and I got the A-ok that i was not someone POSTAL. The Hiring Vp called me in for my second interview with him, (the first interview was suppose to be for 30 minutes but he kept me there over 3 hours...we really got along well and had many of the same goals for the company) and told me that I had the job and HR had even contacted my Recruiter to negotiate my pay, I had one last interview with the President of the Company...Met him for brunch at the Hotel they were putting me up at, the President LOVED ME, I could tell, besides the fact that he told me, that I got the job...me and the president even discussed stock options and other things regarding the pay. After this interview HR contacted my recruiter and settled on my total compensation. Then about 3 days later got a call from them telling my recruiter that the New Parent Company of this corp wanted to have an interview with me...I flew to NYC to meet a VP with this new parent company for an interview, from the moment I met the guy, I could tell that he was not going to let the company hire me, (And I absolutely could not stand him either...he was a complete snob and all he could talk about was his trophy wife and new baby and summer home in the Hamptons....duhhhhh, how about discussing the job I am interviewing for?), and the next day they called my recruiter, apologizing profusely, and reneged the job....I and my recruiter were flabbergasted!

A month later I find out that they hired a man for the position, some man that the parent company put in there I had guessed.

A month after that I read in the Footwear News and WWD that the President of the Company was given the pink slip and replaced with someone from the new parent company, a month after that the "hiring VP" was also let go and replaced by someone from the new parent company.

My initial thoughts were that I was not hired because the snob from NYC wanted a male in the position. I too did not even think of suing.

But later I realized that they did not want the vp or president to hire me, because the New Parent Company had plans to let those 2 go.

Immie

thx,

Care

I know a guy who applied to be a waitress at Hooter's. They discriminated against him unfairly because his tits weren't big enough.

There were numerous times when I was younger that I would try to get a better, higher paying job but was told I couldn't take the job because I wasn't a Mexican. They didn't think I would fit in and not being able to speak Mexican didn't help.

Forum List

Back