Is God of this universe?

John Lemmon

Rookie
Aug 19, 2009
Or does your God reside in another dimension? In which case, how many dimensions are there?
If God is of this universe, how much does he weight? Is God dark matter?

Or does your God reside in another dimension? In which case, how many dimensions are there?

Our world as we know it consists of 4 dimentions consisting of time and space. God however lives outside of these dimentions as he is a spirit. John 4:24 says, "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth." He only entered into entered into our dimentions when he became flesh and stepped into this world to die for your and my sins.

Interesting questions. No one knows.

Such a definative answer for claiming that no one knows.

It had the virtue of being honest. Your answer on the other hand was, well... meaningless gibberish.

What exactly does "God is a spirit" mean, in a practical sense? How does that work exactly? If you don't have a clue just calling it "spirit" then pretending like you've explained the nature of God by slapping a label on it is a pointless exercise.

Interesting questions. No one knows.

It had the virtue of being honest. Your answer on the other hand was, well... meaningless gibberish.

What exactly does "God is a spirit" mean, in a practical sense? How does that work exactly? If you don't have a clue just calling it "spirit" then pretending like you've explained the nature of God by slapping a label on it is a pointless exercise.

Meaningless gibberish to you. What don't you understand about God isn't limited by time and space?

I had a dream once I died and I flew through space to another planet or place but it only ended up being a big cafeteria. I think God is the universe, he is everything.

Meaningless gibberish to you. What don't you understand about God isn't limited by time and space?

Everything about it. So... explain it to me why don't you? How, exactly, does that work?

Aaah ... the question that has scientists guessing. ;)
This is why science has stated that nothing is impossible. We know there are alternate dimensions, things bigger than our universe, and things smaller than we can fathom. As for an answer it depends on who you ask. Those who have theorized about dimensions believe there are an infinite number, and each one unique and different from the others in some way. Think of it this way, the universe as we know it expands in all directions infinitely, therefore all possible combinations of worlds, galaxies, solar systems, etc. exist we just can't see them. Dimensional mechanics has the same infinity. In some dimension there is another version of you, identical save one trait, perhaps they are a different race than you, maybe they have a different personality, etc.. Oddly there is a TV series from way back when that addressed this well, Sliders, the first season though, everything after that was just too out there. As our science stands today, we don't know for certain, but we do know there is a lot we don't know. ;)

This is why science has stated that nothing is impossible. We know there are alternate dimensions, things bigger than our universe, and things smaller than we can fathom. As for an answer it depends on who you ask. Those who have theorized about dimensions believe there are an infinite number, and each one unique and different from the others in some way. Think of it this way, the universe as we know it expands in all directions infinitely, therefore all possible combinations of worlds, galaxies, solar systems, etc. exist we just can't see them. Dimensional mechanics has the same infinity. In some dimension there is another version of you, identical save one trait, perhaps they are a different race than you, maybe they have a different personality, etc.. Oddly there is a TV series from way back when that addressed this well, Sliders, the first season though, everything after that was just too out there. As our science stands today, we don't know for certain, but we do know there is a lot we don't know. ;)

Please stop relying on the sci-fi channel for your understanding of advanced physics.

1. No, we do not know there are "alternate dimensions."

2. No, we do not know there are thing bigger than our universe.

3. Yes, the universe is unbounded in all three spatial dimensions... but no that does NOT mean "all possible combinations" of worlds, galaxies and solar systems exist. There is effectively infinite space. There is NOT effecitvely infinite matter filling it all up.

4. You are confusing "extra dimensions" with "parallel worlds". People who have theorized about extra dimensions do not think there are an infiinite number of them. They think there are either 10, or 11. And they think that because that's how the math works out.

etc...

Please stop relying on the sci-fi channel for your understanding of advanced physics.

1. No, we do not know there are "alternate dimensions."

2. No, we do not know there are thing bigger than our universe.

3. Yes, the universe is unbounded in all three spatial dimensions... but no that does NOT mean "all possible combinations" of worlds, galaxies and solar systems exist. There is effectively infinite space. There is NOT effecitvely infinite matter filling it all up.

4. You are confusing "extra dimensions" with "parallel worlds". People who have theorized about extra dimensions do not think there are an infiinite number of them. They think there are either 10, or 11. And they think that because that's how the math works out.

etc...

Sci fi wasn't around when Sliders was first on first of all, second of all I said it's a good approach in the first season. Third of all I said we don't know, but we do know that anything is possible and that we don't know a lot of things.

Sci fi wasn't around when Sliders was first on first of all, second of all I said it's a good approach in the first season. Third of all I said we don't know, but we do know that anything is possible and that we don't know a lot of things.

I really couldn't care less what network Sliders started on. Your comments make it abundantly clear that you are getting a lot of your ideas about physics from science fiction programming.

Interesting questions.

They might be interested if not posed by a anti-religion troll. John's purpose is to get those with religious views to offer up answers, then he'll cherry pick anything he thinks he can poke holes in and run with it. Another boring flame thread results. Yawn.

You should just admit that you have no clue, No Family-KK

What was that about being a name caller, John? :lol:

You're sort of a prime example of the grouchy lib that I was asking about in my other thread. Well, maybe that's not quite fair... you seem to be a little past grouchy.

They might be interested if not posed by a anti-religion troll. John's purpose is to get those with religious views to offer up answers, then he'll cherry pick anything he thinks he can poke holes in and run with it. Another boring flame thread results. Yawn.

You're sort of a prime example of the grouchy lib that I was asking about in my other thread. Well, maybe that's not quite fair... you seem to be a little past grouchy.

It wasn't a name call, it was to tell you to go back to fucking all those you-know-whos that you've been doing since you're 6 years old.
Grouchy though is another name call, listen you loose spunt, if you have nothing to say towards the thread, then why are you here? You want me that badly?

It wasn't a name call, it was to tell you to go back to fucking all those you-know-whos that you've been doing since you're 6 years old.
Grouchy though is another name call, listen you loose spunt, if you have nothing to say towards the thread, then why are you here? You want me that badly?

Since this is your thread it would probably be innapropriate of me to tell you to shut the hell up and stop making my side of this debate look like foul mouthed tantrum throwing pre-adolescents with impulse control problems... but I'm going to do it anyway.

Grow up.

Don't worry comeau, you'll get used to that grouchy nagging permanently on the rag ho, that's all she ever does, LOL. :rofl:

btw, go fuck yourself.

Forum List

Back