Is Facebook anti Free Speech?

[

Of course as usual you are dead wrong.

I have been posting political rants on Facebook ever since, well, since MySpace actually. When Obama won the election in 2008 I sad that's it! I give up! The voters are idiots we are screwed. Almost everyone, even those who never replied or even "liked" any of my posts practically begged me not to. Many tell me that I'm their only source of political news.

You are consistently wrong, but at least you are consistent.

Frankly, anyone who is looking for your view on "Derpa-Derp, I want to work harder for less money, Derpa-derp" is kind of sad.

I was responding to a political post my "X" posted on Facebook, she's quite liberal. All sorts of liberal media extreme views and out and out lies towards Republicans.

I posted several messages and presented my opposing point of view with humor, facts and respectful reasoning. Each time my messages were removed.

It was kinda fun messing with them...:lol:

My conclusion, "Facebook" is a bastion of liberal free speech but suppresses conservative freedom of speech. Un-American from my perspective.

I've never had that happen to me. I have been just as critical of Obama on FaceBook as I am here. Perhaps your ex is deleting them or she is complaining to FB?

I think she deleted them, but I wanted to mention your point about complaining to facebook is true. They are hypersensitive about complaints. I haven't had a problem, but I know people who have. I don't know if they're worried about lawsuits or what, but you can get a lot of things removed by complaining even if your complaint is ridiculous.

I was responding to a political post my "X" posted on Facebook, she's quite liberal. All sorts of liberal media extreme views and out and out lies towards Republicans.

I posted several messages and presented my opposing point of view with humor, facts and respectful reasoning. Each time my messages were removed.

My conclusion, "Facebook" is a bastion of liberal free speech but suppresses conservative freedom of speech. Un-American from my perspective.
A FB friend of mine regularly posts liberal stuff. I responded once with facts that directly contradicted what he said. He deleted my post from his wall.

It's not FB, it's liberals who are afraid of differing views and who believe if they can't see it, it doesn't exist.

Or maybe you just don't get the idea of what Facebook is for.

Facebook is for cute kitten pictures and updates on your vacation. No one wants to hear tired political diatribes on facebook from either side.

I do have a friend who does this, usually repeating whatever spew he's heard on Hate Radio. And it's often fun eviscerating him.

LOL, you don't even get it, do you Joe?

Facebook is pretty liberal, and liberals are pretty universally anti-free speech, so of course they are anti-free speech.

A FB friend of mine regularly posts liberal stuff. I responded once with facts that directly contradicted what he said. He deleted my post from his wall.

It's not FB, it's liberals who are afraid of differing views and who believe if they can't see it, it doesn't exist.

Facebook is for cute kitten pictures and updates on your vacation. No one wants to hear tired political diatribes on facebook from either side.

I do have a friend who does this, usually repeating whatever spew he's heard on Hate Radio. And it's often fun eviscerating him.

Facebook is pretty liberal, and liberals are pretty universally anti-free speech, so of course they are anti-free speech.

Um, no, it's really not.

And frankly, the only reason why you wingnuts are about "Free Speech" now is because you are losing most of the political arguments.

Um, no, it's really not.

And frankly, the only reason why you wingnuts are about "Free Speech" now is because you are losing most of the political arguments.

When you only have anti-Republican talking points you memorized from the Democratic Party and no ability to think on your own, everyone has to be a Republican to you, don't they Joe?

The desperate need to feel persecuted by many on the right is really entertaining.

LOL, you think the need to feel persecuted is a "right" issue? Seriously? LOL.

They're stealing our votes! It's because we're black! Female! Gay! Hispanic! It's Fox News! Rush Limbaugh is programming everyone. It's the oil, energy, financial services companies! It's the rich. It's ... corporations!

That's hilarious. Liberals have zero self awareness, it leads to a lot of comic moments. Like this one.

The desperate need to feel persecuted by many on the right is really entertaining.

LOL, you think the need to feel persecuted is a "right" issue? Seriously? LOL.

They're stealing our votes! It's because we're black! Female! Gay! Hispanic! It's Fox News! Rush Limbaugh is programming everyone. It's the oil, energy, financial services companies! It's the rich. It's ... corporations!

That's hilarious. Liberals have zero self awareness, it leads to a lot of comic moments. Like this one.

Didn't anyone teach you that "he did it too" isn't a valid excuse for anything?

Liberals acting like children isn't justification for you guys to do it too.

Is Facebook anti Free Speech?

FB is used by morons who don't think the shit they post will ever be seen by their children. That aside it is a private company thus not subject to free speech rules. What was your point again?

You post there often I guess.

It's this question, "Is Facebook anti Free Speech?"

If you can't follow along, you ought to cut back on the drugs, alcohol and maybe get some sleep.

Again they are a private company. Speaking of keeping up.

Or, as is more likely, you're a little bitch who needs to accept your utter powerlessness over other people's actions.

[

I have been posting political rants on Facebook ever since, well, since MySpace actually. When Obama won the election in 2008 I sad that's it! I give up! The voters are idiots we are screwed. Almost everyone, even those who never replied or even "liked" any of my posts practically begged me not to. Many tell me that I'm their only source of political news.

Frankly, anyone who is looking for your view on "Derpa-Derp, I want to work harder for less money, Derpa-derp" is kind of sad.
Not as sad as you: "I want to not work at all and get lots of money".

I've never had that happen to me. I have been just as critical of Obama on FaceBook as I am here. Perhaps your ex is deleting them or she is complaining to FB?

I think she deleted them, but I wanted to mention your point about complaining to facebook is true. They are hypersensitive about complaints. I haven't had a problem, but I know people who have. I don't know if they're worried about lawsuits or what, but you can get a lot of things removed by complaining even if your complaint is ridiculous.
I reported a "Kill George Zimmerman" FB page. A couple of weeks later, I got an email saying it didn't violate FB's terms of service. :doubt:

I reported a "Kill George Zimmerman" FB page. A couple of weeks later, I got an email saying it didn't violate FB's terms of service. :doubt:

Kill George Soros would have been down in minutes...

Kill George Soros would have been down in minutes...
No question.

From what I've heard you're right, although I do know some conservatives that hang there. I have refused to join something that big. Too much of a reminder of big government and the resulting pitfalls. I like it here. :thup:

[

Again, this only exists in your alleged "mind".

I wouldn't be stupid enough to threaten Obama, but I've never had anything deleted.

I wouldn't be stupid enough to threaten Obama, but I've never had anything deleted.

I haven't either, but I say nothing controversial on facebook and I never discuss politics. In fact, I unfriend anyone who posts anything political on my board. I have places to go like here where I discuss my views. I don't go to facebook to argue with people, but to connect. And so many people take that sort of thing so personally. It's not worth it. Also as President of a company, I want to be sure customers don't see anything controversial. I live in the triangle, I also won't discuss Duke vs. UNC or anything there are sides and emotions. I try to keep my business contacts in LinkedIn and use facebook for friends and family, but it's hard to be sure who sees what all the time.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back