Is college a scam?

Only savages would make a thread like this..Seriously, without college our society would be poorer then somalia and just as backwards.

We need doctors, scientist, and engineers. You don't get these kinds of people off of watching youtube video's but real life training and classes that promote advanced learning. Good luck filling 90% of the need without colleges within our society.

It isn't going to work...

Are colleges ripping people off these days? Sure, but that is because they have become more about fucking money just like any other business.
Savages? Lol

Good grief

I can only guess you majored in asinine conclusion theory?

It sure doesn't seem to prepare people for the real world
Are you nuts? These people literally run the world...
No I'm not and as I said I'm not broad brushing I am stating my opinion based on the dealings I have had with some of these recent college graduates I'm sure there are some who handle life outside of college very well but I have seen more than a few that it shocks me they can make it from their home to work everyday.

Have you?
Yes, and I taught in 4 of them (City University of New York)

But I asked you first.
Yes. I also taught. But, before you waste my time and everyone's bandwidth, I don't give 2 f**ks about your personal anecdotes, and you shouldn't care about mine, as we could draw zero good conclusions from them. I would expect an educated person to get this.

Yes. I also taught. But, before you waste my time and everyone's bandwidth, I don't give 2 f**ks about your personal anecdotes, and you shouldn't care about mine, as we could draw zero good conclusions from them. I would expect an educated person to get this.
So if should ever post any "personal anecdotes" in USBM, then just don't read them, but in the meantime, you could be thankful for the instruction I gave you concerning higher MISeducation in America. You're welcome.

I'm sure there are some who handle life outside of college very well
I am sure most do.
That's your opinion that however has not been my experience.
It's not my opinion. It's not a guess. We can actually measure these things.

College Education Linked to Higher Pay, Job Security, Healthier Behaviors and More Civic Involvement: New College Board Report
First your link you doesn't open or it didn't for me second yes it is your opinion based on your own experinces and third there is pretty much a study to support any view or opinion. People base their views on things in large part on their own personal experiences if you you have had better experiences with recent college graduates good for you I haven't and that's what I'm basing my opinion on if you can't accept or understand that it's not problem and there is really nothing more left to say about this.

I'm sure there are some who handle life outside of college very well
I am sure most do.
That's your opinion that however has not been my experience.
It's not my opinion. It's not a guess. We can actually measure these things.

College Education Linked to Higher Pay, Job Security, Healthier Behaviors and More Civic Involvement: New College Board Report
Very true. It's also linked to crushing debt and intentionally protracted studies in subjects that are 3,000 miles west of your major. That part is scammish. You can be a well-rounded person without being forced to take English Literature.

So if should ever post any "personal anecdotes" in USBM, then just don't read them
No, I meant that only in this context, seeing as how we are talking about a trend over a population of hundreds of millions of people. Don't be dense, professor.
What's this ? College judging college ?

As opposed to... whom? These are fact-based studies. they also study tuition costs and student debt and release fact-based reports on those topics.

So, professor... since you are now complaining about the sources... what source would be okay with you? Go on, set the rules. i don't want to follow you around the field while you move the goalposts.

How about, the Fed? Lifetime Benefits of Education Have Never Been So High | St. Louis Fed

You can be a well-rounded person without being forced to take English Literature.
Yes, extend that to EVERY topic outside your major... and, oops, suddenly you're not really a well-rounded person, are you? ;)

I do not disagree about the debt. At all.

Very true. It's also linked to crushing debt and intentionally protracted studies in subjects that are 3,000 miles west of your major. That part is scammish. You can be a well-rounded person without being forced to take English Literature.
What need is there for calculus for a physician ? (who primarily examines patients and prescribes pharmaceuticals).

Forum List

Back