Is CO2 driving Temperature ? Take the Roschach Test !

Your AGW Roschach choices:

• There is no CO2 and Temperature correlation

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • There is an "un-deniable positive feed back" correlation

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I don`t know and let the IPCC decide that for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

polarbear

I eat morons
Jan 1, 2011
Canada
The so called un-deniable correlation exists only if you still insist using the hockey stick and the numerous alarmist.orgs that use graphs
which even the IPCC had to toss into the trash bin after the "climate gate" e-mail scandal revealed the methods how the data for these graphs was fabricated.
After that the authors had to honor information requests and full disclosure of all data to skeptics.
This in turn caused numerous corrections not just of future projections and also affected 1980 to present day data but not the rhetoric and spin doctoring how to interpret this "corrected" data.
In the final analysis it comes down to 3 choices
[1] trust the same "consensus" that agreed to fabricate the hockey stick.
[2] continue to let the numerous alarmist spin doctors to "interpret" the corrections for you in a manner that substantiates the claim
that CO2 is the cause and climbing temperature is the effect
[3] choose neither of the above and use your own judgment.
The outcome of [3] depends entirely of what you want to see and that in turn would tell a psychiatrist a lot about you, because
it`s a lot like taking a Rorschach inkblot test.
morgan_exhibit.jpg

What you say you`ve seen depends on how good or bad you ability is to observe is and how rational or irrational your interpretation is

And here is the IPCC inkblot test:

sidebysidec.jpg

We already know from all the prior posts which inkblot choices the obviously psychotic Nostradamus "science" occult members chose.
All they can see is the 1975 to 2000 inkblot in which the spin doctors connected the dots for them on the left side, the stair case to a Nostradamus dooms day.

All others that opted for choice [3] are looking at the whole picture on the right side and have the abilty to superimpose 2 images to see for themselves
if there is a Nostradamus doomsday pattern in that IPCC Roscharsch inkblot.
It turns out that this CO2 and rising temperature doomsady "scientific" relationship is no better than a toss of the coin, actually worse than that, because
the only times that temperature climbed with CO2 was for 5 years from 1975 to 1980, one year from 1988 to 1989 and then for 4 years from 1994 to 1998.
That "undeniable correlation" exists only for 10 out of a total of 35 years.
The other 25 years exhibit just the opposite of this "undeniable correlation" , a downward temperature divergence while CO2 was rising.
1 of these temperature drops, the 3 year drop from 1991 to 1994 is even steeper than the much tauted "alarming rise" from 1975 to 1980,
which was the only time when CO2 and T were in lock-step.
All in all we got a "correlation" for 10 out of 35 years and then no correlation whatsoever, neigh the exact opposite for 25 years which the IPCC spin doctors are trying
to "adjust" with the ENSO effect and summing this whole nonsense "scientific" data interpretation up, stretching all known bounds of rhetoric that the
overall rise was 0.8 degrees C from 1975 to 2010 with an "average decadal increase of +0.07 degrees" which also happens to be the margin of error !.
All it takes is another event, like the 1991 to 1994 temperature drop and we are where we were in 1975.
Since "climate science" is not a science there is no way to make an accurate prediction other than evaluating the chances for a +T or a -T event.
Looking at the IPCC "inkblot" and that there are only 10 out of 35 chances that it might be going up instead of down the whole dilemma boils down to
random chance which would suggest that down is the future trend, as it already has been for the last 15 years with 10 more years going down to follow, as was the case with the entire 35 year data set so far, 25 down against 10 up.

Last edited:
There have been over a dozen studies confirming the 'hockey stick' since it was first published.

What evidence is there for the hockey stick?

And if one is interested in what is happening in the area most affected by the warming, the arctic, this site has real information from the people that actually study that area.

The AGU Cryosphere Sciences Focus Group

And here is an excellent lecture from someone that is an expert on the subject;

A23A

There have been over a dozen studies confirming the 'hockey stick' since it was first published.

And if one is interested in what is happening in the area most affected by the warming, the arctic, this site has real information from the people that actually study that area.

A23A

Wow. That's a first. I have never, since the emails came out, seen anyone defend the hockey stick. I guess some people refuse to see the light.

A23A

Wow. That's a first. I have never, since the emails came out, seen anyone defend the hockey stick. I guess some people refuse to see the light.

I guess that you never have read any science at all concerning this subject.

A23A

I guess that you never have read any science at all concerning this subject.

I read it and must point out that with that comment you unintentionally chose option #3, letting the IPCC decide for you.
But fixated also on the part of the inkblot that suits your belief.
None of the Marcott proxies agreed with the inkblot demon face, the tree M.Mann picked.
In addition to that the "G" in AGW stands for GLOBAL not just the arctic.
If it did not get any warmer for 15 years and counting, on a Global scale and the arctic got "warmer" as you say, then it must have gotten colder over an equally large area somewhere else....and somewhere else they got just as much, if not more CO2 as in the arctic The question you side stepped was if you see a pattern that is supposed to corroborate the claim that CO2 drives temperature when the data was no longer just proxy, but actual temperature data....and the most recent data finally became an open source after 8 review panels forced the IPCC to disclose it after the e-mail scandal.
Surely you aren`t saying that the proxy data and pre 1875 technology was as accurate as it`s been from 1998 to 2015

Last edited:

A23A

But we're all intentionally uninformed ignorant idiots and Old Rocks is just about to be a graduate climate scientist according to him. Can a university be sued for malpractice?

Last edited:
Lindzen has a quote about CO2 being trivially true but. Insignificant. I concur.

All the latest work on climate sensitivity is plummeting like a rock but the climate models are not yet using these lower figures. A rise of one, or even two degrees Celsius for the next 400 ppm CO2 does not support catastrophe and may in fact promote better living conditions for the world.

A23A

But we're all intentionally uninformed ignorant idiots and Old Rocks is just about to be a graduate climate scientist according to him. Can a university be sued for malpractice?

I do feel obliged to come to "OldRocks" defense even though I totally disagree with his views on AGW. He holds these views with a sincere conviction unlike all the others in his camp, save for IanC who is also in a different category than the rest of the "numans", "mamooths" & "Saigons"who vowed to have me banned..and succeeded till US MSGB admin realized that they made a mistake.
My Rogers 3GW hub needs to be replaced and till they ship me a replacement after many months of arguing with them that piece of crap disconnects and the re-connects with an IP that is no where near where I live. That ban did not bother me in the slightest because all I got here was just insults, abuse and was falsely accused of committing "identity fraud".
What did bother me is that all the while Rogers got to collect long distance telephone charges for all my local Portage La Prairie telephone calls that also went through this defective wireless router because 1 minute they had me living in Vancouver, the next "roaming" in Toronto or God knows where else. Never in my entire life did I intentionally make a false claim to deceive others nor have I ever committed any sort of fraud.
But that does not stop others from making false claims about me or try and defraud me. Earlier today I got a call from the RCMP after they just caught somebody in the act swiping a cloned debit card in Winnipeg and withdrawing $400 from my account. Turns out that was a waitress from a restaurant where my wife and I had dinner last month.
You can find the same range of personalities right here in this forum.
Many of you wrote me an e-mail at my g-mail address asking me what`s going on. I gave them my password so that they could see the "greeting message" themselves when they logged on under my name.
Guess what, none of them abused my log-on info even though I did not change it after my account was re-activated.
OldRocks, IanC and I may have had heated arguments but I`m 100% certain neither of those 2 would have abused my trust either.
I am also 100% certain who it was that kept pushing to get me banned and every one of that bunch would have abused whatever information they could get about me to the max, just like that bitch the RCMP finally caught today during the act in Winnipeg.
While I was banned from here, some of you referred me to another (much larger) forum that does not tolerate trolls like "Rollingthunder", "numans", "mamooth",etc etc and I like it much better there. Matter of fact some of these characters got banned from there by their own admission for doing what they do here all the time and continue to get away with it.

Last edited:
Well welcome back PolarBear though it sounds as if you won't be staying by your own choice? I was advised, apparently at your request, of your plight and did ask Admin to investigate whether you were on an involuntary hiatus by your own actions or whether it was one of those involuntary situations. They agreed to look into it and apparently did whether due to my request or yours or somebody else's. It doesn't matter as it appears the situation has been resolved.

There will always be childish, hateful, vindictive, immature, and ugly (in spirit) people in the world and USMB has its share of those. I have never understood what satisfaction or enjoyment people get out of attacking, sabotaging, or attempting to hurt or make life unpleasant for others. I will never understand what inadequacy or deficiency exists in people who do that. I'm sorry you have been subjected to that and I won't fault you if you leave. Personally, I do this because I enjoy doing it for the most part, and if I didn't, I would also leave.

I honestly don't know whether Old Rocks is sincere in his beliefs or not though I pretty much give everybody benefit of the doubt that way. But I am pretty suspicious that Old Rocks is not the graduate science student he claimed to be, and I am selfish enough to defend myself when he advises me that he is smart and educated and I am not. :)

But I have found enough really terrific people here at USMB that keep me coming back. I wish for you the same Polarbear.

Well welcome back PolarBear though it sounds as if you won't be staying by your own choice? I was advised, apparently at your request, of your plight and did ask Admin to investigate whether you were on an involuntary hiatus by your own actions or whether it was one of those involuntary situations. They agreed to look into it and apparently did whether due to my request or yours or somebody else's. It doesn't matter as it appears the situation has been resolved.

There will always be childish, hateful, vindictive, immature, and ugly (in spirit) people in the world and USMB has its share of those. I have never understood what satisfaction or enjoyment people get out of attacking, sabotaging, or attempting to hurt or make life unpleasant for others. I will never understand what inadequacy or deficiency exists in people who do that. I'm sorry you have been subjected to that and I won't fault you if you leave. Personally, I do this because I enjoy doing it for the most part, and if I didn't, I would also leave.

I honestly don't know whether Old Rocks is sincere in his beliefs or not though I pretty much give everybody benefit of the doubt that way. But I am pretty suspicious that Old Rocks is not the graduate science student he claimed to be, and I am selfish enough to defend myself when he advises me that he is smart and educated and I am not. :)

But I have found enough really terrific people here at USMB that keep me coming back. I wish for you the same Polarbear.
There are indeed good people here and I was counting you in.
This would be an even better forum if they had the same rules as the other place I checked out:
“Flamebaiting” is making statements intended to cause an angry or emotional response/flame from the person. Another form of baiting is known as “derailing” or “thread-jacking”. This is deliberate act of making statements with an aim of diverting the topic of a thread significantly from its main focus. These negative forms of baiting constitute a rules violation that can potentially lead to a suspension of posting privileges.
Trolling is a diversionary tactic of those who “deliberately exploit tendencies of human nature or of an online community to upset people” or those “who post inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages” to disrupt normal on-topic discussions.
Trolling is not allowed and can potentially lead to the suspension of posting privileges.
OldRocks and IanC don`t really do any of that unless they have been provoked which can happen, like it did between OldRocks and me when we got off on the wrong foot. But I have these gut feelings about other people, that seldom fail me. Even it`s just the way somebody ties their shoelaces or uses a certain phrase. So I went out on a limb and gave him my e-mail address + all the other private info about myself.
He replied and it turned out that my gut feeling was right...since then we agree to disagree when it comes to AGW after we discovered how much we got in common...except that OldRocks can eat a rattle snake and I would run for the hills when it comes to snakes.
My gut feelings about IanC is pretty well the same and when the occasion presents himself I`ll shock him and give him my telephone number address and the rest of it being quite certain it will turn out the same way as with OldRocks. Well that`s the way we do it way up North in Canada, like in the Yukon where I used to live. We don`t lock our doors and if we go South for a couple of months everybody else is welcome to the stuff we got in our houses, knowing that they will replace whatever they needed at that time.
I`ve seen similar habits in the US and OldRocks knows which roads I have traveled. The same roads his dad, who was a trucker did:

No I`m not a full time trucker I collected licenses instead of rare stamps and used these in my off duty time when I get too bored doing nothing.
Then I go trucking or flew "medivacs" way up North when I had a C-206. Doing the latter can kill you easily if you just rely on meteorologists and their forecasts.
I`m too old for that so now I just go trucking when I get the itch to travel or need extra money. Been there & done that on ice roads, logging roads and long haul from Alaska to Mexico through every Territory and Province in Canada and every US State except Hawaii of course. Whenever possible I did it on back roads because I was as interested in the people as I am in the scenery.

It`s a crying shame that this ridiculed "Hillbilly culture" does not extend into our cities, else we would have a perfect society that no political and "social engineering" could equal.
Meanwhile I expect some more trouble if the seasonable abnormal cold air which is over the larger part of Canada mixes with a seasonably normal air in the US south of us...that`s when your storms down there get more severe than they would normally be.
Last night we had a frost warning for the entire eastern half of Canada (again)...
Minnesotans and North Dakotans are more familiar with the influence cold Canadian air masses have on the US weather than their southern neighbors.
So familiar that they have nicknamed them when these head south into the US. There is an "Alberta Clipper" a "Saskatchewan Sreamer" and then the worst one is a "Manitoba Mauler". These can reach all the way to Texas and cause mahem in "Tornado Alley" during storm seasons.
Right now all 3 of them are sitting still but if I were living in "Tornado Alley" I would click from time to time on the Canadian RADAR to see when and if that cold air starts heading south:
Weather Radar - Prairies - Environment Canada

All you need for the "if or when" is the short term jet stream forecast.
I`ve been looking at it for 15 years and it`s worked better than any TV weather channel

Last edited by a moderator:
He holds these views with a sincere conviction unlike all the others in his camp, save for IanC who is also in a different category than the rest of the "numans", "mamooths" & "Saigons"who vowed to have me banned..and succeeded till US MSGB admin realized that they made a mistake.

Fascinating, the paranoia on display here.

I, of course, did once report PolarBear once for repeatedly spamming the exact same giant pyschostalker dumps about me across multiple threads. And I did that only after I first politely asked him to obey board rules, and only post each psychostalker rant in one spot. I got curses in return, as PolarBear apparently believes himself to be a special little snowflake who doesn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

So, he continued to spam even more giant dumps across multiple threads, and hence I reported it. And happily for everyone, he started obeying the rules and stopped spamming the same giant loads of crap across multiple threads. And pretty everybody thanks me for that, even if they don't want to say so.

Nobody ever wanted the guy banned. Everyone just wanted him to behave like a grownup. He vastly overestimates how much anyone else cares about him, being he can't imagine not being the center of everyone's universe.

Last edited:
He holds these views with a sincere conviction unlike all the others in his camp, save for IanC who is also in a different category than the rest of the "numans", "mamooths" & "Saigons"who vowed to have me banned..and succeeded till US MSGB admin realized that they made a mistake.

Fascinating, the paranoia on display here.

I, of course, did once report PolarBear once for repeatedly spamming the exact same giant pyschostalker dumps about me across multiple threads. And I did that only after I first politely asked him to obey board rules, and only post each psychostalker rant in one spot. I got curses in return, as PolarBear apparently believes himself to be a special little snowflake who doesn't have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

So, he continued to spam even more giant dumps across multiple threads, and hence I reported it. And happily for everyone, he started obeying the rules and stopped spamming the same giant loads of crap across multiple threads. And pretty everybody thanks me for that, even if they don't want to say so.

Nobody ever wanted the guy banned. Everyone just wanted him to behave like a grownup. He vastly overestimates how much anyone else cares about him, being he can't imagine not being the center of everyone's universe.

And as if we needed a confirmation on who went crying to anybody... WOW,dude.. We know your MO crybaby, you tried the same cry tothe mods tactic with me recently, no big shock it was you..

Forum List

Back