Is Christianity a mob religion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street

No, I'm not asking if Eye-talians have anything to do with the big C. I was thinking again (bad sign) and remembered something a famous man once wrote. ALlow me to paraphrase.. "It is no accident that Christianity is a mob religion---the streets will be paved with precious stones and gold...money." - The aspirations of inferior men.

Why does Christianity need to do this?

No, I'm not asking if Eye-talians have anything to do with the big C. I was thinking again (bad sign) and remembered something a famous man once wrote. ALlow me to paraphrase.. "It is no accident that Christianity is a mob religion---the streets will be paved with precious stones and gold...money." - The aspirations of inferior men.

Are you confusing Christianity with Randian Objectivism? :eusa_think:

Dev explain something to me if you are able Please?

Why is it every leftist atheist I have ever met is such and self-righteous egotistical moron?

I have to say your post makes absolutely no sense to me. What the heck does paving the streets in gold have to do with a mob? And what does either have to do with Christianity?

Why is it every leftist atheist I have ever met is such and self-righteous egotistical moron?

gary , I'd like to know why every bible thumping jackass is a self-deluded imbecile who quotes some book that is totally just made up as though it were actually true. Can't prove shit about it, yet you foolishly believe it. Doesn't anyone ask for proof anymore?

Avatar, you're a fucking asshole thinking your god is an alien from a planet you can't even see. Your too dumb for even this message board.

Are they all leftists?

I didn't know that.

I actually think that most of the Darwin Thumpers on this board are actually libertarians and hate anything they believe is remotely leftist.

Note that I say, most, not all, please.

Last edited:
All religions except for possibly Buddhism are mob religions. They depend on the conversion of others and the indoctrination of its followers' children to maintain their power bases.

I don't classify Buddhism as a religion other than the definition of an accepted set of beliefs. the simple fact that Buddhists don't worship a supreme being but rather seek enlightenment from within oneself separates Buddhism as I understand it from other god based religions

All religions except for possibly Buddhism are mob religions. They depend on the conversion of others and the indoctrination of its followers' children to maintain their power bases.

I don't classify Buddhism as a religion other than the definition of an accepted set of beliefs. the simple fact that Buddhists don't worship a supreme being but rather seek enlightenment from within oneself separates Buddhism as I understand it from other god based religions

Some forms of Buddhism are basically philosophy.

Other forms are more a religion.

At least that is my understanding of it.

I'm thinking (bad sign) I don't know what you're talking about.

Jesus and his gang of homo disciples were the first street gang/mob. Jesus was a bad assed rapper who liked group bathing and prostitutes. So they nailed him to a cross in his underwear.

gary , I'd like to know why every bible thumping jackass is a self-deluded imbecile who quotes some book that is totally just made up as though it were actually true. Can't prove shit about it, yet you foolishly believe it. Doesn't anyone ask for proof anymore?

My question is, when dod you meet "every Bible thumping jackass?" You hang out with an unusual crowd.

Oh, and since you seem to know that this Bible is totally false, why are you worried about it? Is it because you really aren't so sure it is a false book? Is it possible that some people actually "foolishly" don't believe it?

I'll ask for "proof" that the Bible is a false book, unworthy of any belief.

I have to say that my personal belief in the Bible as God's Word, is in no way threatened by anyone who doesn't believe it. In my faith, God has given me so much proof od the accuracy of the Bible, as applied Spiritually, and in life in general, that it is almost not faith anymore. It has become fact to me.

Actually, the power in the Christian faith is not in numbers. If you read the Bible you will realize that the power is more in weakness than in strength. It is in our weakness where God proves His power. That is not that God wants us to be weak, He desires to be our strength. Giddeon got rid of most of his military strength, all the way down to 300 men, and in that small army was the power of God clearly shown. Phrases like, "the first shall be last," and the fact that the "broad way" is crowded, but believers are on the "narrow way," clearly show believers in the Christian faith to be anything but a mob.

Jesus and his gang of homo disciples were the first street gang/mob. Jesus was a bad assed rapper who liked group bathing and prostitutes. So they nailed him to a cross in his underwear.

Why not try to set aside your anger for a little while, and try to post using intelligence. I have posted some pretty stupid stuff in anger, only to look like a fool and have to apologize later.

Truth is, Jesus did not have a gang, except in your angry mind. His discilper were not gay, except in your angry mind. It was the mobs that approached Jesus and His disciples on the streets, and some of those mob members were government officials like Obama.

Your anger is making you look like a fool.

My question is, when dod you meet "every Bible thumping jackass?" You hang out with an unusual crowd.

Oh, and since you seem to know that this Bible is totally false, why are you worried about it? Is it because you really aren't so sure it is a false book? Is it possible that some people actually "foolishly" don't believe it?

I have to say that my personal belief in the Bible as God's Word, is in no way threatened by anyone who doesn't believe it. In my faith, God has given me so much proof od the accuracy of the Bible, as applied Spiritually, and in life in general, that it is almost not faith anymore. It has become fact to me.

Smartt - I've come to realize that We Are They is a troll. All he does is post stuff he considers to be inflammatory, and it's becoming dull and predictable. Try ignoring him and with any luck he'll go away eventually (they usually do).

smartt, but you DO agree that they nailed jesus to a cross in his underwear.

every bible thumping jackass refers to the peeps here, the ones who come to my door, and the ones you hear about in the media. Not the brightest bunch when it comes to reality.

That isn't an argument Smartt33. You could ask for proof that the Qu'ran isn't a false book, or any other religious text, or any work of fiction and one would be hard pressed to prove that its false. The scientific method doesn't work to prove things false. If I thought that pigs could fly and tried to prove it, I would end up NOT proving that pigs could fly, not proving its false.

To prove something is false is simply unreasonable. There are many, many, many, things which are false and you could constantly invent new ones. Instead, one has to prove that something is true. Historical facts in the Bible do not prove its true. If God exists, THEN the Bible is true. So to prove the Bible is true, one necessarily has to prove that the God described in the Bible exists. Otherwise you believe simply because of faith.

Now, can you explain why you have faith in what the Bible says? Can you tell me why you chose to believe in Christianity instead of Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, Taoism, or any other form of organized religion? Can you tell me why you believe what the Bible says? Why do you choose to believe in the Bible and not the Qu'ran? Do you see what I'm getting at here? From a non-believer's point of view, all religions are essentially the same. How do I know which brand is better than another? By reading the label? How do I test each religion to find which one is true? By believing in each of them? So do I just convert, then if it doesn't work out for me, convert to the next one on my list? Is that realistic or is that ridiculous?

Actually, the power in the Christian faith is not in numbers. If you read the Bible you will realize that the power is more in weakness than in strength. It is in our weakness where God proves His power. That is not that God wants us to be weak, He desires to be our strength. Giddeon got rid of most of his military strength, all the way down to 300 men, and in that small army was the power of God clearly shown. Phrases like, "the first shall be last," and the fact that the "broad way" is crowded, but believers are on the "narrow way," clearly show believers in the Christian faith to be anything but a mob.

If i am in the mood for reading fiction, I'll choose a better book than the bible thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back