Question to the God Fearing Members of the Board!

Discussion in 'Religion and Ethics' started by GHook93, Jun 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,931
    Here is a question for you. All religions speak of miracles back in the day. Such as but not limited to, Moses parting the Red Sea and the plagues on Egypt, a holy man turning water into wine, gets killed and resurrected, a Grand Warlord was told by the Angel Gaberial that its his destiny to conquer Arabia (and the world) and kill all the Meccas and Jews and then he teleported from Mecca to Temple Mount and levetates to heaven and I am sure the other great religions of Budahism and Hinduism have there prehistorical miracles. Of course these "miracles" occured many years ago before recordable history. Before the tape recorder, before the video camera, before the camera altogether etc.

So if the miracles were come place back in the day, where are they now? The world is plagued by misery and surely God's miracles would be a welcomed occurence. Yet these miracles don't happen today and anything that could be considered a miracle usually gets explained by a logical and/or scientific answer. I believe the foundations for the ancient religions were based on the perceptions of either people who couldn't explain something that seemed extraodrinary (image an ancient person seeing the northern lights or an earthquake, or a tornado, or solar eclipse, or the skies turning red or even something as simple as the moon changing shapes, without the science of today ancient people could easily jump to irrational conclusions), a perception gets blow out of perportion (remember the telephone game as kids) or a gigantic fable becomes the truth.

So if religion that you believe in are based on identifiable miracles of the past, why don't any of them occur today!

I mean during the Holocaust wouldn't God have been just to save the Jews like he "supposedly" did iin ancient Egypt?

Or could it be that as we become more intellectual and understand science better that disprove any so-called miracles!

2. Tinktink

Tinktink Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +23
    People see Jesus on French toast, would that be considered a miracle? Sorry couldn't resist. :eusa_whistle:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. strollingbones

strollingbones Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +31,971
    there are a lot of questions like that..why does a young child die painfully while a person like benny hinn lives....but i assume you are discussing the god of the bible..people call shit miracles all the time....it was a miracle the child was found....well why did god let it get lost to start with? its a miracle this and that...blah blah blah...because the bible was written by men with an agenda....and miracles are impressive....and yes science explains a lot of it now....

4. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,931
    I am talking about miracles like a resurrection, teleporting between cities miles away and levataing to heaven, during water into wine with a touch or parting the red sea by hitting the ground! That type of thing!

5. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,102
  6. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    The bible explains it all.

Including the reason the Jews continue to suffer.

7. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    jewhook, I think you pretty much hit it on the head regarding modern intellecualism and technology. I've notices that it's a rare bird for someone to claim to have seen bigfoot, theloch ness monster, and Elvis in this age of cell phone cameras too.

Regarding Moses.. if jews were gods chosen people then why did it take MOSES to challenge a pharaoh before taking action? Further, why did he start with parlor tricks like turning a rod into snakes and using frogs and locusts when, clearly, the passover angel of death would have worked the first time around? I'm thinking that the story of Moses is more of a campaign for his political leadership of former Egyptian slaves than any real indication of godly support. For that matter, if ole Mose was up on the mount confering with this almighty, omnicient god.. then why the hell was it news that the jews were busy melting gold into images of calves AFTER he came down? Wouldn't an all knowing god go ahead and skip the bullshit? I mean, what kind of a bummer would it have to be to follow Moses out of Egypt, into the desert... only to be cut down BY moses's command after falling back on cultural norms?

Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
  8. AllieBaba

AllieBaba BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,650
    Those are good questions. You can ask God before he sends you to the lake of fire.

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,165
    They do. All the time.

10. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,931
    Wow I am shocked you come out only against the Jews! Amazing you out of all people would single them out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.