Is Chris Mathews Losing His Mind? He Compares The Tea Party To The Muslim Brotherhood

Check msn's ratings Mud. Thier top show can't match O'Riely's re-run at 11pm, one of thier shows gets beat out by an HN show, and I have never heard of HN. So thier time is nearing it's end.

If ratings meant anything other than entertainment value you might have a point. American Idol likely beats the pants off O'Reily, how significant is that?

I'd say that since most people tha watch Bill are conservatives, that leaves mostly liberals to watch Idol.

Is that telling? Or is it a simple reflection that the big 3 dominate all cable shows?

Please keep in mind that I'm comparing cable networks to each other. Everyone knows the big 3 are on top in ratings. They are giant evil corporations that want to destroy each other and don't care how much money they have to pay "stars" per-episode to do so. :lol:

Oh great, another bigot joined the frey.

Explain to me in correctly spelled words, how one is bigoted regarding a sex act? Homosexuality is NOT a race nor is it a religion. It's sexual preference dummy. I'm a bigot because I think two men gutting it out anally is disgusting? LOL What do you do for an encore? Boink your neighbor's dog? Hey now, careful what you say in that regard.. after all, you wouldn't want to be a "BIGOT"--

Main Entry: bigot
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: intolerant, prejudiced person
Synonyms: chauvinist, diehard, doctrinaire, dogmatist, enthusiast, extremist, fanatic, fiend, maniac, monomaniac, opinionated person, partisan, persecutor, puritan, racist, sectarian, segregationist, sexist, stickler, superpatriot, zealot

Thanks for the edit control, I stand corrected and will rephrase. Oh great, another bigot joined the fray.

Where did you find that?

big·ot   /ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled
[big-uht] Show IPA

–noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

World English Dictionary
bigot (ˈbɪɡət)

— n
a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race

[C16: from Old French: name applied contemptuously to the Normans by the French, of obscure origin]

Bigot | Define Bigot at Dictionary.com

Explain to me in correctly spelled words, how one is bigoted regarding a sex act? Homosexuality is NOT a race nor is it a religion. It's sexual preference dummy. I'm a bigot because I think two men gutting it out anally is disgusting? LOL What do you do for an encore? Boink your neighbor's dog? Hey now, careful what you say in that regard.. after all, you wouldn't want to be a "BIGOT"--

Synonyms: chauvinist, diehard, doctrinaire, dogmatist, enthusiast, extremist, fanatic, fiend, maniac, monomaniac, opinionated person, partisan, persecutor, puritan, racist, sectarian, segregationist, sexist, stickler, superpatriot, zealot

Thanks for the edit control, I stand corrected and will rephrase. Oh great, another bigot joined the fray.

Where did you find that?

big·ot   /ˈbɪgət/ Show Spelled
[big-uht] Show IPA

–noun
a person who is utterly intolerant of any differing creed, belief, or opinion.

World English Dictionary
bigot (ˈbɪɡət)

— n
a person who is intolerant of any ideas other than his or her own, esp on religion, politics, or race

[C16: from Old French: name applied contemptuously to the Normans by the French, of obscure origin]

Bigot | Define Bigot at Dictionary.com

I found the definition at Dictionary.com too; simply go and look on the thesaurus.

Actually Muslim Brotherhood and Tea Party share a lot in common.

The both hate gays.

They both want laws based on their religious beliefs.

And they love their guns.

The tea party doesn't hate you because you're gay.

except that matthews isn't their top-rated show. olbermann was and i'm pretty sure rachel maddow comes next.

and, frankly, o'reilly couldn't compete with network tv numbers-wise, so we need to stop doing that as a gauge.

or else maybe we think that barbara carland is a better write than shakespeare? you know, because she's sold more books. :eusa_whistle:

and whenever i put too much stock in numbers like that, i remind myself that laverne and shirley was the top-rated show on TV for a while.

Ahh, Maddow.... you mean the idiot who's more concerned with being first than being accurate? :lol:

you mean because she made a mistake and retracted?

sorry honey, i'll put her rhodes scholar, stanford educated mind up against anyone's.

though i suppose she could have litigated for the right to lie like faux news did. *shrug*

You claim to be an attorney yet you obviously don't know what the litigation was about between Fox and Akre's? Either you are one stupid lawyer or an ignorant partisan hack.

Last edited:

Actually..it's none of your business with two consenting, mentally viable, adult people do in their privacy. And really..it's none of anyone's business.

That wasn't the question, now was it? Reading is fundamental. The poster decided to call me a bigot for not agreeing that the homosexual lifestyle is hunky-dory.. I asked the poster to put up or shut up.. but you knew this already. When one has nothing that throw out stank bombs.

You have to look the term up in the dictionary to understand it's implied meaning? :lol: From your own entry, "Opinonated person." I guess that makes everyone posting on this forum is a bigot, including yourself. WTG!! You managed to trap yourself with our own stupidity. That takes talent!!:clap2:

Check msn's ratings Mud. Thier top show can't match O'Riely's re-run at 11pm, one of thier shows gets beat out by an HN show, and I have never heard of HN. So thier time is nearing it's end.

Viewership is not an indicator of quality. Per example, the National Enquirer has a larger circulation numbers than the Washington Post.

Otherwise, what Matthews said wasn't cool. I wish talkingheads would stop that crap. But then we have heard the rightwing talkingheads call the left communist, enemies of the US and un-American. It seems folks want to have it both ways.

The both hate gays.

Wow, really? I know many teapartiers who ARE gay, I actually agree with a lot of their ideals and my sister is lesbian and my daughters godmother is likewise lesbian. Who knew I hated gays!

You sound just as retarded as ole Chrissy boy...and that's sayin somthin!

The both hate gays.

Off course, yet some people who call themselves 'Tea Party Patriots" seem to hate gays and lesbians and hope to deny them basic human rights. They also seem to support an effort to deny the right of habeas corpus to others because of the color of their skin or the accent with which they speak.

The both hate gays.

Off course, yet some people who call themselves 'Tea Party Patriots" seem to hate gays and lesbians and hope to deny them basic human rights. They also seem to support an effort to deny the right of habeas corpus to others because of the color of their skin or the accent with which they speak.

do you know any TP's? or are you going by the pics you see on TV?

Did you know there was a sudy done that when they added up all the "bad" signs and compared them to all signs it made about 1%.

Don't hang your hat on 1%. Chris is an utter clown, don't join his circus.

The both hate gays.

Liberals are continual victims. Nothing new.

The both hate gays.

Some people on the left seem to be complete idiots. So it's fair to paint every liberal with that same brush. :cuckoo:

The "if you're against Obama you're a racist" mantra and others like it are old and have long lost it's effectiveness. Time to find a new mantra.

Last edited:

The both hate gays.

Wow, really? I know many teapartiers who ARE gay, I actually agree with a lot of their ideals and my sister is lesbian and my daughters godmother is likewise lesbian. Who knew I hated gays!

That's the interesting thing about Tea Partiers..and Conservatives in general. If they are personally acquainted with a person from a group that's being discriminated against, or they know someone with a life threating illness, they are more apt to be sympathetic to causes, legislation or help for those type of people. If not, then generally, they are not.

The both hate gays.

That's the interesting thing about Tea Partiers..and Conservatives in general. If they are personally acquainted with a person from a group that's being discriminated against, or they know someone with a life threating illness, they are more apt to be sympathetic to causes, legislation or help for those type of people. If not, then generally, they are not.

What I find more interesting is the TEA party is about taxes. The only "tea partiers" that have ever been shown to be racist/anti-gay were the anti tea party clowns who tried to derail the tea partiers. You remember that group don't you(hell you were probably one of them were'nt you?). They are the only ones to have ever been shown to have the views that you ascribe to the TEA partiers.

And more to your point, anybody who is human will certainly know someone suffering from whatever ailment there is and know some particular ethnic/religious/sexual orientation group. Save for those who live under rocks of course. Hell I just had emergency open heart surgery 10 days ago, so I cover one of your "categories":lol::lol:

MSNBC is going nuts. Right after the election they called for armed revolution against the government. Now Chris Matthews is comparing the Tea Party to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Okay, so Chris thinks the Tea Party wants to establish Sharia Law? Is this guy losing his mind? Does he realize just how nuts he sounds. Well, in all seriousness, Obama sounds like he is a strong supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood, with his constant calls for Egyptian President Mubarak to step down "NOW", so maybe he's a closet Tea Party member. That's how insane this sounds. Isn't there supposed to be something resembling journalistic integrity in our news? To pass off gossip as fact is the height of irresponsibility.

I remember last month when everyone was up in arms about the vitriol in media and politics. What the fuck is this then????

At a Code Pink rally last week they said that they would cut off Clarence Thomas's toes and feed them to him, string him up and his wife too, and that they need to send him back to the fields. They said they wanted riots in the streets like in Egypt. Seems the left is who is spewing hatred, not the right.

I'm counting to ten and by the time I get to ten I bet somebody will accuse me of spewing hatred. Maybe even call me a racist.

Wake the fuck up people. I'm not asking for MSNBC to be taken off the air, but they need to tone this violent hate-speech down. It feeds the lunatics on the left with enough violent rhetoric to keep them going for years, even decades.

The only way we can get them to stop is by not tuning in. Then maybe their advertisers will bail on them.

All I can say is don't talk to me about Fox. Nothing they say even compares to this.

Wanna know what these idiots are saying these days? Talking about crosshairs is peanuts compared to what these numbnuts are saying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ctO7fdrcc&feature=player_embedded

My what a peaceful group.

Links

Chris Matthews and his rantings

more...

He is out of his mind.

The Muslim Brotherhood and the Future of Egypt
By: Dillon Burroughs; ©2011
Should the West be concerned at the Muslim Brotherhood’s heightened role in the protests and reformed government of Egypt? Based on past actions, the answer is a resounding yes.

Should the West be concerned at the Muslim Brotherhood’s heightened role in the protests and reformed government of Egypt? Based on past actions, the answer is a resounding yes.

According to The Jerusalem Post, a leading member of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt told the Arabic-language Iranian news network Al-Alam on Monday that he would like to see the Egyptian people prepare for war against Israel.[1]

Dore Gold of the Jerusalem Center for Public affairs notes the following concerns in his recent report:

Since January 28, the Muslim Brotherhood's involvement has become more prominent, with its support of Mohamed El Baradei to lead the opposition forces against the government. In the streets of Cairo, Muslim Brotherhood demonstrators disdainfully call people like El Baradei "donkeys of the revolution" (hamir al-thawra) - to be used and then pushed away - a scenario that sees the Muslim Brotherhood exploit El Baradei in order to hijack the Egyptian revolution at a later stage.
There has been a great deal of confusion about the Muslim Brotherhood. In the years after it was founded in 1928, it developed a "secret apparatus" that engaged in political terrorism against Egyptian Copts as well as government officials. In December 1948, the Muslim Brotherhood assassinated Egyptian Prime Minister Mahmoud al-Nuqrashi Pasha. It also sought to kill Egyptian leader Abdul Nasser in October 1954.
Former Brotherhood Supreme Guide Muhammad Akef declared in 2004 his "complete faith that Islam will invade Europe and America." In 2001, the Muslim Brotherhood's publication in London, Risalat al-Ikhwan, featured at the top of its cover page the slogan: "Our Mission: World Domination." This header was changed after 9/11.
The current Supreme Guide, Muhammad Badi', gave a sermon in September 2010 stating that "the improvement and change that the [Muslim] nation seeks can only be attained through jihad and sacrifice and by raising a jihadi generation that pursues death, just as the enemies pursue life."[2]
But just who is the Muslim Brotherhood? Historically, the Muslim Brotherhood was, “founded in 1928 by the Egyptian schoolteacher/activist Hasan al-Banna (a devout admirer of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis), the Muslim Brotherhood (MB)—a Sunni entity—is one of the oldest, largest and most influential Islamist organizations in the world.”[3]

Throughout its history, the Muslim Brotherhood has been involved in various acts of violent jihad. For example, in December 1948, a Brotherhood member assassinated Egyptian Prime Minister Mahmud Fahmi Nuqrashi.[4] In 1954, Muslim Brotherhood member Abdul Munim Abdul Rauf tried to assassinate President Nasser.[5] The Brotherhood’s mission statement, which is permanently posted on its official Arabic-language website, defines the Brotherhood as a Muslim community (jama’ah) that preaches for and demands the rule of Allah’s law (tahkim shar’ allah).[6]

Many others have noted this as well. This week, Epicenter author Joel Rosenberg appeared on FOX News with Neil Cavuto to explain how the Muslim Brotherhood appears to be co-opting the non-violent protest of demonstrators in Cairo.[7] Though originally not highly involved, the Muslim Brotherhood now seems to see an opportunity to emerge as a major player as Egypt’s national leadership changes. As Rosenberg notes, the current American presidential administration will be put to the test to decide how to negotiate with the new potential leaders of Egypt’s government with the Muslim Brotherhood in the mix.

Simply put, if the Muslim Brotherhood is now claiming to be a non-violent participant in the reform government of Egypt, it will be a major break from its past tradition of jihadic acts of violence. Of significance to Western supporters of the Egyptian protest, it is important to note that democratic, free elections and religious freedom would not necessarily both follow from a change in Egyptian national leadership.

As many have learned from the War in Iraq, democratic elections in prominently Muslim nations can even lead to increased religious persecution among Christians or other non-Muslim religious groups. While we as Christians may support democracy in Egypt, we must be careful not to equate democracy with Christian liberty. In fact, if the Muslim Brotherhood takes a leadership role, some form of sharia law (law based on the teachings of the Qur’an) will be expected. Unfortunately, sharia law is the standard in eight of the top ten nations where Christians are most persecuted.[8]

Let us pray for freedom in Egypt. In doing so, may we show caution regarding those who attempt to step to provide leadership, particularly those from the Muslim Brotherhood. Ultimately, let us pray for those in Egypt who follow Christ to have the freedom to do so.

-Dillon Burroughs, staff writer for the Ankerberg Theological Research Institute

Notes
1.↑ Yaakov Lappin, “Muslim Brotherhood: Prepare Egyptians for War with Israel,” The Jerusalem Post, Feb. 1, 2011. Accessed at Muslim Brotherhood: ?Prepare Egyptians for war with Israel'.
2.↑ Dore Gold, “The Muslim Brotherhood and the Egyptian Crisis,” The Jerusalem Center for Public Affaira, Feb. 2, 2011. Accessed at: Jerusalem Issue Briefs-The Muslim Brotherhood and the Egyptian Crisis.
3.↑ From http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6386.
4.↑ Ibid.
5.↑ Ibid.
6.↑ Israel Elad-Altman, “The Crisis of the Arab Brotherhood, Current Trends, Nov. 29, 2007. Accessed at The Crisis of the Arab Brotherhood Current Trends in Islamist Ideology.
7.↑ Video available at .
8.↑ See Christian Persecution Blog: The Persecuted Church Global Report 2011.

Last edited by a moderator:

What I find more interesting is the TEA party is about taxes. The only "tea partiers" that have ever been shown to be racist/anti-gay were the anti tea party clowns who tried to derail the tea partiers. You remember that group don't you(hell you were probably one of them were'nt you?). They are the only ones to have ever been shown to have the views that you ascribe to the TEA partiers.

And more to your point, anybody who is human will certainly know someone suffering from whatever ailment there is and know some particular ethnic/religious/sexual orientation group. Save for those who live under rocks of course. Hell I just had emergency open heart surgery 10 days ago, so I cover one of your "categories":lol::lol:

I hope you are doing well.

And hope for your full recovery.

If ratings meant anything other than entertainment value you might have a point. American Idol likely beats the pants off O'Reily, how significant is that?

Maybe you might want to find out. Overall, O'Reilly rules.

Among the 50+ crowd.

MSNBC is going nuts. Right after the election they called for armed revolution against the government. Now Chris Matthews is comparing the Tea Party to the Muslim Brotherhood.

Okay, so Chris thinks the Tea Party wants to establish Sharia Law? Is this guy losing his mind? Does he realize just how nuts he sounds. Well, in all seriousness, Obama sounds like he is a strong supporter of the Muslim Brotherhood, with his constant calls for Egyptian President Mubarak to step down "NOW", so maybe he's a closet Tea Party member. That's how insane this sounds. Isn't there supposed to be something resembling journalistic integrity in our news? To pass off gossip as fact is the height of irresponsibility.

I remember last month when everyone was up in arms about the vitriol in media and politics. What the fuck is this then????

At a Code Pink rally last week they said that they would cut off Clarence Thomas's toes and feed them to him, string him up and his wife too, and that they need to send him back to the fields. They said they wanted riots in the streets like in Egypt. Seems the left is who is spewing hatred, not the right.

I'm counting to ten and by the time I get to ten I bet somebody will accuse me of spewing hatred. Maybe even call me a racist.

Wake the fuck up people. I'm not asking for MSNBC to be taken off the air, but they need to tone this violent hate-speech down. It feeds the lunatics on the left with enough violent rhetoric to keep them going for years, even decades.

The only way we can get them to stop is by not tuning in. Then maybe their advertisers will bail on them.

All I can say is don't talk to me about Fox. Nothing they say even compares to this.

Wanna know what these idiots are saying these days? Talking about crosshairs is peanuts compared to what these numbnuts are saying:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ctO7fdrcc&feature=player_embedded

My what a peaceful group.

Links

Chris Matthews and his rantings

more...

He is out of his mind.

The Muslim Brotherhood and the Future of Egypt
By: Dillon Burroughs; ©2011

According to The Jerusalem Post, a leading member of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt told the Arabic-language Iranian news network Al-Alam on Monday that he would like to see the Egyptian people prepare for war against Israel.[1]

Dore Gold of the Jerusalem Center for Public affairs notes the following concerns in his recent report:

Since January 28, the Muslim Brotherhood's involvement has become more prominent, with its support of Mohamed El Baradei to lead the opposition forces against the government. In the streets of Cairo, Muslim Brotherhood demonstrators disdainfully call people like El Baradei "donkeys of the revolution" (hamir al-thawra) - to be used and then pushed away - a scenario that sees the Muslim Brotherhood exploit El Baradei in order to hijack the Egyptian revolution at a later stage.
There has been a great deal of confusion about the Muslim Brotherhood. In the years after it was founded in 1928, it developed a "secret apparatus" that engaged in political terrorism against Egyptian Copts as well as government officials. In December 1948, the Muslim Brotherhood assassinated Egyptian Prime Minister Mahmoud al-Nuqrashi Pasha. It also sought to kill Egyptian leader Abdul Nasser in October 1954.
Former Brotherhood Supreme Guide Muhammad Akef declared in 2004 his "complete faith that Islam will invade Europe and America." In 2001, the Muslim Brotherhood's publication in London, Risalat al-Ikhwan, featured at the top of its cover page the slogan: "Our Mission: World Domination." This header was changed after 9/11.
The current Supreme Guide, Muhammad Badi', gave a sermon in September 2010 stating that "the improvement and change that the [Muslim] nation seeks can only be attained through jihad and sacrifice and by raising a jihadi generation that pursues death, just as the enemies pursue life."[2]
But just who is the Muslim Brotherhood? Historically, the Muslim Brotherhood was, “founded in 1928 by the Egyptian schoolteacher/activist Hasan al-Banna (a devout admirer of Adolf Hitler and the Nazis), the Muslim Brotherhood (MB)—a Sunni entity—is one of the oldest, largest and most influential Islamist organizations in the world.”[3]

Throughout its history, the Muslim Brotherhood has been involved in various acts of violent jihad. For example, in December 1948, a Brotherhood member assassinated Egyptian Prime Minister Mahmud Fahmi Nuqrashi.[4] In 1954, Muslim Brotherhood member Abdul Munim Abdul Rauf tried to assassinate President Nasser.[5] The Brotherhood’s mission statement, which is permanently posted on its official Arabic-language website, defines the Brotherhood as a Muslim community (jama’ah) that preaches for and demands the rule of Allah’s law (tahkim shar’ allah).[6]

Many others have noted this as well. This week, Epicenter author Joel Rosenberg appeared on FOX News with Neil Cavuto to explain how the Muslim Brotherhood appears to be co-opting the non-violent protest of demonstrators in Cairo.[7] Though originally not highly involved, the Muslim Brotherhood now seems to see an opportunity to emerge as a major player as Egypt’s national leadership changes. As Rosenberg notes, the current American presidential administration will be put to the test to decide how to negotiate with the new potential leaders of Egypt’s government with the Muslim Brotherhood in the mix.

Simply put, if the Muslim Brotherhood is now claiming to be a non-violent participant in the reform government of Egypt, it will be a major break from its past tradition of jihadic acts of violence. Of significance to Western supporters of the Egyptian protest, it is important to note that democratic, free elections and religious freedom would not necessarily both follow from a change in Egyptian national leadership.

As many have learned from the War in Iraq, democratic elections in prominently Muslim nations can even lead to increased religious persecution among Christians or other non-Muslim religious groups. While we as Christians may support democracy in Egypt, we must be careful not to equate democracy with Christian liberty. In fact, if the Muslim Brotherhood takes a leadership role, some form of sharia law (law based on the teachings of the Qur’an) will be expected. Unfortunately, sharia law is the standard in eight of the top ten nations where Christians are most persecuted.[8]

Let us pray for freedom in Egypt. In doing so, may we show caution regarding those who attempt to step to provide leadership, particularly those from the Muslim Brotherhood. Ultimately, let us pray for those in Egypt who follow Christ to have the freedom to do so.

-Dillon Burroughs, staff writer for the Ankerberg Theological Research Institute

Notes
1.↑ Yaakov Lappin, “Muslim Brotherhood: Prepare Egyptians for War with Israel,” The Jerusalem Post, Feb. 1, 2011. Accessed at Muslim Brotherhood: ?Prepare Egyptians for war with Israel'.
2.↑ Dore Gold, “The Muslim Brotherhood and the Egyptian Crisis,” The Jerusalem Center for Public Affaira, Feb. 2, 2011. Accessed at: Jerusalem Issue Briefs-The Muslim Brotherhood and the Egyptian Crisis.
3.↑ From http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6386.
4.↑ Ibid.
5.↑ Ibid.
6.↑ Israel Elad-Altman, “The Crisis of the Arab Brotherhood, Current Trends, Nov. 29, 2007. Accessed at The Crisis of the Arab Brotherhood Current Trends in Islamist Ideology.
7.↑ Video available at .
8.↑ See Christian Persecution Blog: The Persecuted Church Global Report 2011.

Why is the Dawa party leading Iraq?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back