Is Chris Mathews Losing His Mind? He Compares The Tea Party To The Muslim Brotherhood

If ratings meant anything other than entertainment value you might have a point. American Idol likely beats the pants off O'Reily, how significant is that?

Maybe you might want to find out. Overall, O'Reilly rules.

Among the white 50+ crowd.

as for american idol...

it opened with 26.5 million viewers, which is ginourmous but below last years numbers.

'American Idol' 2011 premiere ratings down 13 percent from last year; lowest draw since 2002

this is the top 10... o'reilly wasn't anywhere to be found.

Ten Most Profitable Television Shows

Fox averaged 628,000 viewers 25-54 in primetime, compared to CNN’s 341,000 and MSNBC’s 254,000.

Cable News Ratings | Mediaite

so, yes, o'reilly does well in the cable news department, but it isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to highly rated network television.

and just to put it in perspective,

For the week of January 24, 2011, “ABC World News with Diane Sawyer” averaged 8.86 million Total Viewers and a 2.0 rating/7 share/2.47 million among Adults 25-54, according to Nielsen Media Research. For the 3rd week in a row and the 4th time in the last five weeks, “World News” improved on the year-ago week (w/o 01/25/10)in Total Viewers (+4%). In fact, “World News” stood as the only evening network news program to increase year-to-year.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...mprove-among-total-viewers-year-to-year/80987

Maybe you might want to find out. Overall, O'Reilly rules.

as for american idol...

it opened with 26.5 million viewers, which is ginourmous but below last years numbers.

'American Idol' 2011 premiere ratings down 13 percent from last year; lowest draw since 2002

Fox averaged 628,000 viewers 25-54 in primetime, compared to CNN’s 341,000 and MSNBC’s 254,000.

so, yes, o'reilly does well in the cable news department, but it isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to highly rated network television.

For the week of January 24, 2011, “ABC World News with Diane Sawyer” averaged 8.86 million Total Viewers and a 2.0 rating/7 share/2.47 million among Adults 25-54, according to Nielsen Media Research. For the 3rd week in a row and the 4th time in the last five weeks, “World News” improved on the year-ago week (w/o 01/25/10)in Total Viewers (+4%). In fact, “World News” stood as the only evening network news program to increase year-to-year.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...mprove-among-total-viewers-year-to-year/80987

Only because you have to pay for specific packages to get Fox News, where as network and CNN get included in everything.

I suspect this is intentional.

Still, O'Reilly averages over 2 million viewers which knocks the socks off any competitor.

Btw, 600,000 is the best Olbermann ever did. You must be confused about the ratings because he's not even coming close to Fox.

I don't compare apples and oranges. If you want to compare entertainment with entertainment, the NFL kicks the shit out of American Idol. If you want to compare news stations, Fox gets as many viewers as all their competitors combined.

Check msn's ratings Mud. Thier top show can't match O'Riely's re-run at 11pm, one of thier shows gets beat out by an HN show, and I have never heard of HN. So thier time is nearing it's end.

Viewership is not an indicator of quality. Per example, the National Enquirer has a larger circulation numbers than the Washington Post.

Otherwise, what Matthews said wasn't cool. I wish talkingheads would stop that crap. But then we have heard the rightwing talkingheads call the left communist, enemies of the US and un-American. It seems folks want to have it both ways.

Guess pointing out a fact and making up a total fabrication are on the same level to you.

Sorry if you don't like the truth.

But this outright lie of Matthews is flat out wrong.

Last edited:

as for american idol...

Only because you have to pay for specific packages to get Fox News, where as network and CNN get included in everything.

I suspect this is intentional.

Still, O'Reilly averages over 2 million viewers which knocks the socks off any competitor.

Btw, 600,000 is the best Olbermann ever did. You must be confused about the ratings because he's not even coming close to Fox.

I don't compare apples and oranges. If you want to compare entertainment with entertainment, the NFL kicks the shit out of American Idol. If you want to compare news stations, Fox gets as many viewers as all their competitors combined.

Xactly.. I said that earlier but not as eloquently as you. :)

Matthews is out of his mind to insult the Muslim Brotherhood like that.

Epic Monologue: The Greatest Threat America Faces Is Liberalism
April 15, 2008
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Let me tell you a little story to try to explain this. I had a bunch of people in town for the weekend. Names will remain private to protect their privacy, but you would know all these people. They were from various fields, not all from politics. In fact, very few from politics, it's what made it so much fun. Saturday night, after dinner, it was about one o'clock in the morning, maybe it was Friday night, Saturday morning 1 a.m. We're all sitting around outside by the pool, and one of the participants mentioned for the third time during the weekend that we're not up to speed here on the threat that the Islamofascists pose to us. This is a very, very serious problem. And everybody agrees with this, of course.

The guy that made the statement was saying this poses the greatest threat to America and not enough Americans are aware of it, the Democrats are trying to do everything they can to dissuade people of any fear of Islamofascists and terrorism. Since this was the third time my guest had mentioned this, I popped up, and I said, "If I may be so bold, I totally agree with you that we have a major threat and that it's going to be a threat that we have to deal with for quite a while. I don't deny that Islamofascism is huge. I have to tell you guys something--" we had 15 of us sitting around. I said, "I have to tell you guys something. Without question the biggest threat facing this country is liberalism, and I went on a 20-minute riff. I wish it had been recorded. I totally ad-libbed this thing, it was similar to monologues that I do here behind the Golden EIB Microphone, but I went on for 15 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Matthews is out of his mind to insult the Muslim Brotherhood like that.

April 15, 2008
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Let me tell you a little story to try to explain this. I had a bunch of people in town for the weekend. Names will remain private to protect their privacy, but you would know all these people. They were from various fields, not all from politics. In fact, very few from politics, it's what made it so much fun. Saturday night, after dinner, it was about one o'clock in the morning, maybe it was Friday night, Saturday morning 1 a.m. We're all sitting around outside by the pool, and one of the participants mentioned for the third time during the weekend that we're not up to speed here on the threat that the Islamofascists pose to us. This is a very, very serious problem. And everybody agrees with this, of course.

The guy that made the statement was saying this poses the greatest threat to America and not enough Americans are aware of it, the Democrats are trying to do everything they can to dissuade people of any fear of Islamofascists and terrorism. Since this was the third time my guest had mentioned this, I popped up, and I said, "If I may be so bold, I totally agree with you that we have a major threat and that it's going to be a threat that we have to deal with for quite a while. I don't deny that Islamofascism is huge. I have to tell you guys something--" we had 15 of us sitting around. I said, "I have to tell you guys something. Without question the biggest threat facing this country is liberalism, and I went on a 20-minute riff. I wish it had been recorded. I totally ad-libbed this thing, it was similar to monologues that I do here behind the Golden EIB Microphone, but I went on for 15 minutes.

And?

did he compare all Liberals to the be like the Muslim Brotherhood?

Last edited by a moderator:
April 15, 2008
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

And?

Your first answer was more revealing, I can see why you edited it, but this answer is no better.

Your MessiahRushie said Libs were MORE of a threat. He didn't seem to make an exception for any Lib. Other than Stuttering LimpTard can spew his hatred for American citizens to millions, how does what he says differ from what is said in the YouTube video? And he says essentially the same thing over and over.

January 18, 2011
CALLER: Let me just ask you something and I want an honest answer. You really believe in your heart of hearts that the president is actually trying to destroy our country? I want an honest answer. You really, truly believe this in your heart?

RUSH: Let me spell it out for you.

CALLER: Go ahead.

RUSH: Y-E-S.

December 15, 2010
RUSH: The Democrat Party is determined to destroy our country as founded.
RUSH: The only way anybody in this country's gonna have a Merry Christmas is to forget about the Democrats and their attempts to destroy this country.

July 27, 2010
RUSH: And it boils down to the fact that it is a matter of love and the fact there isn't any on the left. There's only anger, vitriol, outrage, what have you, at people they don't even know, at the traditions and institutions of the country. If it's too much to ask that they love the country, maybe appreciate it? The two go hand in hand. They're not going to appreciate it. They're out to destroy it as it was founded. And that's what so many of us really have trouble getting our arms around, the active desire to destroy the country.

except that matthews isn't their top-rated show. olbermann was and i'm pretty sure rachel maddow comes next.

and, frankly, o'reilly couldn't compete with network tv numbers-wise, so we need to stop doing that as a gauge.

or else maybe we think that barbara carland is a better write than shakespeare? you know, because she's sold more books. :eusa_whistle:

and whenever i put too much stock in numbers like that, i remind myself that laverne and shirley was the top-rated show on TV for a while.

Ahh, Maddow.... you mean the idiot who's more concerned with being first than being accurate? :lol:

you mean because she made a mistake and retracted?

sorry honey, i'll put her rhodes scholar, stanford educated mind up against anyone's.

though i suppose she could have litigated for the right to lie like faux news did. *shrug*

you stole TM's line.

April 15, 2008
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

And?

Your first answer was more revealing, I can see why you edited it, but this answer is no better.

Your MessiahRushie said Libs were MORE of a threat. He didn't seem to make an exception for any Lib. Other than Stuttering LimpTard can spew his hatred for American citizens to millions, how does what he says differ from what is said in the YouTube video? And he says essentially the same thing over and over.

January 18, 2011
CALLER: Let me just ask you something and I want an honest answer. You really believe in your heart of hearts that the president is actually trying to destroy our country? I want an honest answer. You really, truly believe this in your heart?

RUSH: Let me spell it out for you.

CALLER: Go ahead.

RUSH: Y-E-S.

December 15, 2010
RUSH: The Democrat Party is determined to destroy our country as founded.
RUSH: The only way anybody in this country's gonna have a Merry Christmas is to forget about the Democrats and their attempts to destroy this country.

July 27, 2010
RUSH: And it boils down to the fact that it is a matter of love and the fact there isn't any on the left. There's only anger, vitriol, outrage, what have you, at people they don't even know, at the traditions and institutions of the country. If it's too much to ask that they love the country, maybe appreciate it? The two go hand in hand. They're not going to appreciate it. They're out to destroy it as it was founded. And that's what so many of us really have trouble getting our arms around, the active desire to destroy the country.

AND, did he compare ALL LIBERAL TO BEING LIKE THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD?
so what he said Liberals will destroy the country, Conservative are told that all the time.
next:eusa_whistle:

Check msn's ratings Mud. Thier top show can't match O'Riely's re-run at 11pm, one of thier shows gets beat out by an HN show, and I have never heard of HN. So thier time is nearing it's end.
Could Fox's ratings be due to the fact that they are available for free, as in airports, bars, hospitals, etc? MSNBC is available by paid subscription only.

And?

AND, did he compare ALL LIBERAL TO BEING LIKE THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD?
so what he said Liberals will destroy the country, Conservative are told that all the time.
next:eusa_whistle:
He made out Libs to be a GREATER threat than the Islamofascist Muslim Brotherhood. So explain how he could judge them GREATER without comparing them??? :cuckoo:

April 15, 2008
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: Saturday night, after dinner, it was about one o'clock in the morning, maybe it was Friday night, Saturday morning 1 a.m. We're all sitting around outside by the pool, and one of the participants mentioned for the third time during the weekend that we're not up to speed here on the threat that the Islamofascists pose to us. This is a very, very serious problem. And everybody agrees with this, of course.

Forum List

Back