Is China Preparing to Invade Taiwan?

With regard to my posts # 42,43,44 on this thread, I'll revise that scoring system to a one through ten scale and offer that @80 would be the threshold where it might be considered viable, and 90+ would make it very probable.

However ...

Major consideration is if the PLAN has enough amphibious capability to land enough troops on Taiwan to make an invasion viable. Here's a general listing of the naval part of PLAN;

While the above might suggest about 80 large vessels, but partial issue is how many are actual "blue water" capable. The following might give a better gauge on PLAN Amphib lift capability;

"The recent construction of the large Yuzhao-class amphibious transport docks (LPDs) (pictured) indicates an important shift toward blue water capabilities for the PLAN. However, the Landing Ship, Tanks (LSTs) of the 072 series still constitute the core of PLAN amphibious capabilities. With approximately 26 confirmed in service, the PLAN possesses the capabilities to conduct amphibious operations in the littoral waters of the South East Asian region, as well as a limited capability in outer sea landings. Most vessels are only capable of transporting troops while some are capable of transporting limited numbers of armored vehicles."

Tell China that we'll GIVE them back Taiwan if they, China, hold real elections for say, 3 terms of office, to make sure they're doing it right, and become a democratic country.

Who doesn't believe this will happen under Biden's weak leadership? It's beginning to feel like WWIII is on its way

Some experts say it will eventually occur in April or an October when they do decide, as these 2 months present the best weather in a notoriously stormy area.

I don't buy shit from China. Trump is an asshole.
I'll bet you I can go through your home and find at least 100 items from China in about 10 min.....
And the assholes are you morons that voted for an establishment lifer crooked senile jackass Biden that has lived off of our backs his entire life.....

I'll bet you I can go through your home and find at least 100 items from China in about 10 min.....
And the assholes are you morons that voted for an establishment lifer crooked senile jackass Biden that has lived off of our backs his entire life.....
I'm a Libertarian, not a Dem. And I check what I buy. But I know some stuff is still from China, microchips and other components...

China's red-line is allied troops on Taiwan.

". . .She said those red lines, which if crossed could spark a military escalation from Beijing, include campaigning for formal Taiwan independence or a decision to deploy large numbers of US troops to the island.. . "

The allies red-line, is Chinese bases separating their supply lines and shipping lanes. . . .

". . . Scott Morrison says China building a military base on Solomon Islands would be the "red line" for Australia and the United States, but did not say how Australia would respond if it happened. . . "

Seems to me, the solution is pretty obvious. They don't cross our red-lines, we don't cross theirs.

:rolleyes:
China will have Taiwan and we will be powerless to stop it.

Who doesn't believe this will happen under Biden's weak leadership? It's beginning to feel like WWIII is on its way

It might be more likely the US gov instigates an invasion of Taiwan by China, much as they did in Ukraine. Though I suspect the Chinese are much smarter than Putin, and may not take the bait.

Is there a better way to usher in the great reset than a world war that mass murders millions?

D72C3B0F-724F-49CC-8A6B-A5B6AFFED56B.jpeg

China will have Taiwan and we will be powerless to stop it.
I actually saw a chart, of the force comparison, between what Taiwan possesses, and what China possesses.

And, if you have studied even a little bit, of military science, even on the laymen level, most folks know, it takes between a 2 to 1, to a 3 to 1 attacker advantage, especially when one is launching a naval invasion.

China overwhelms Taiwan, when it comes to infantry. . . but it does not really posses enough of a numerical advantage for an easy and painless victory, especially if other players in the theater, like Australia and Japan, would decide to quickly send automated weapons like surface to air missiles. I think we might be surprised at how much pain China would incur if it tries to take Taiwan by force, much like we are seeing when Russia tried to sweep into Kiev.

Into this, we also have to factor, any such move, could destabilize, the domestic population of the mainland of China. It just got done trying to mollify the population of Hong Kong. ..

All major powers, I believe have this problem now, how much can their oligarchs project power, without their domestic populations being pissed off. . . because really, in the end, this is really, a war of global oligarchs and global corporations upon the people, not of nation against nation anymore. People don't want to go to war anymore, not really.

War is stupid.

Isn't it?

:dunno:

Forum List

Back