Is Bergdahl DIRECTLY Responsible For Deaths Of American Soldiers?

CaféAuLait;9209825 said:
mere speculation and highly unlikely it was Bergdahl....

just read his note to parents....he wasn't in to violence or warring....or revenge....

His low level supervisors protest too much....

too much 15 minutes of fame happening here to feel comfortable with believing this guy's assessment or ex sgt Evan Beutow's assessment....they didn't like Bergdahl before he disappeared, and seem to be on some sort of vendetta and are not letting the Military do their job in peace without this 'frenzy' the 2 of these unprofessional supervisors are CAUSING....

nuff said

Oh, please. He is responsible for at least the 6 who were killed looking for him after he deserted.

you said:

"he wasn't in to violence or warring"

Nah, he tried to join not one, but TWO military organizations ( rejected from the French Foreign Legion )because he was all peaceful and shit.

Bergdahl wrote he hated his peers BEFORE he deserted. He wrote he hated America and the ARMY.

HE SAID HE WOULD DESERT BEFORE HE EVER MADE It to AFGHANISTAN in 2008!

2012 article and emails

Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Even Bergdahl’s devoted parents admit he made for a highly unconventional soldier. They home-schooled the boy, instilling in him their Christian values. He was outdoorsy, able to shoot a .22 rifle and ride a horse by the age of five. Later, he travelled around Europe and applied to join the French Foreign Legion but was turned down, reportedly because recruiters doubted his mental stability. Instead, he joined the U.S. Army, but from the start he kept apart from other soldiers, whom he saw as ill-disciplined and hopeless.

Bowe Bergdahl is released after being the only U.S. soldier held by Taliban | Mail Online

I'm not talking about indirectly responsible, I am talking about DIRECT Responsibility.

This is pretty serious, folks

Third Soldier Comes Forward To Say Taliban Attacks Become More Deadly After Bergdahl Deserted…

bowe-bergdahl-undated-headshot-550x309.jpg

Deserting is bad enough, feeding the Taliban information to help kill American soldiers is a hundred times worse in my opinion.

See here and here for the other two reports.

Via Mediaite:

U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s squad leader who commanded him on the night he disappeared, Staff Sgt. Justin Gerleve, joined CNN host Jake Tapper on Wednesday where he said the former Taliban prisoner “totally deserted.” Gerleve confirmed, as have others who served with Bergdahl, that he believed attacks on American personnel became more direct and accurate after the captured American solider was taken by the Taliban.

“I believe that he totally deserted not only his fellow soldiers but his leadership that wanted the best for him and for our country,” Gerleve told Tapper. Gerleve said that he believes this because of the actions Bergdahl took and comments he made prior to his disappearance.

When asked if he believed, as his fellow soldiers have said, that attacks on U.S. troops got worse after Bergdahl abandoned his post, Gerleve replied, “Yes.”

“As one of the soldiers have stated, the attacks did get more direct, the IEDs did get more pinpoint to our trucks rather than the side of the roads, and everything like that,” Gerleve added. “I can’t say for sure the leakage was from Bergdahl, but it’s kind of a suspicion that it did happen.”

“Everything that we taught him, I mean, it was coming to — as far as direct attacks and indirect attacks,” he continued.
Well, when you say 'directly', that implies he pulled the triggers that killed these men.

So, no.

However, he does bear a measure of responsibility for their deaths and should be made to answer for them and then after that, answer for h is treason; with a noose.

It is true Afghan Taliban had intensified their attacks in the year of 2009, but that was not only on US soldiers. It was one of the deadliest years that began at the end of 2008. Bergdahl left his post in June of 2009.

"Deaths of foreign troops in Afghanistan also register a sharp rise from 295 in 2008 to 506 this year, up by more than 70 percent, according to the website."

It is easy to blame the little soldier, disillusioned and heart broken, realizing that, that war was not his. In reality, our young men and women were taken to wars which had nothing to do with our American cause.

after Iraq was closed for business attacks on American soldiers in Afghanistan became the ONLY enemy target available .. why wouldn't they increase ?

1 soldier left his post, attacks increased ... everyone be sure and write that down :eusa_whistle:

Stand in the way of this snowballing rightwing conspiracy theory at your own peril.

"Even a hard-line Israeli nationalist like Benjamin Netanyahu has recognized the value of a single soldier: In October, the prime minister agreed to free 1,027 Palestinian prisoners in exchange for the release of Gilad Shalit, an Israeli corporal who had been held captive by Hamas for five years.

"The move was overwhelmingly supported by the majority of Israelis.

"'The Israelis really care about the value of one life,' says a senior U.S. official. 'Does the American public?'"

Bowe Bergdahl: America's Last Prisoner of War by Michael Hastings | Politics News | Rolling Stone

Of course not, but that will never stop the Right from mindlessly parroting this GOP scripted lie.

Two soldiers died during the most intense period of the search after Sergeant Bergdahl’s June 30 disappearance. Both were inside an outpost that came under attack, not out patrolling and running checkpoints looking for him. The other six soldiers died in late August and early September.
Pull your head out of your ass son.

PARTISAN HACK

If he aided the enemy in the killing of our men and women in Afghanistan he will receive the death penalty. Id like to see what his jihad loving daddy will say to that.

The truth will out, one way or the other. Right now, not looking good for trading Taliban generals for a traitor.

Last edited:
It is true Afghan Taliban had intensified their attacks in the year of 2009, but that was not only on US soldiers. It was one of the deadliest years that began at the end of 2008. Bergdahl left his post in June of 2009.

"Deaths of foreign troops in Afghanistan also register a sharp rise from 295 in 2008 to 506 this year, up by more than 70 percent, according to the website."

It is easy to blame the little soldier, disillusioned and heart broken, realizing that, that war was not his. In reality, our young men and women were taken to wars which had nothing to do with our American cause.

after Iraq was closed for business attacks on American soldiers in Afghanistan became the ONLY enemy target available .. why wouldn't they increase ?

1 soldier left his post, attacks increased ... everyone be sure and write that down :eusa_whistle:

Not only that, Obama had decided to send a surge of additional troops to improve security, but they had not yet arrived when he went missing. In Paktika, the eight deaths during that period were up from five in the same three months the previous year. Across Afghanistan, 122 Americans died in that period, up from 58 in 2008.

yes, HE is responsible for these people DEATHS

They are the true hero's..... they gave their lives trying to recover this lowlife so called, military man

Obama isn't some hero for trading terrorist for this guy...he's a frikken danger to us

Bush released 520+ "detainees". Probably mostly Saudis.

Stand in the way of this snowballing rightwing conspiracy theory at your own peril.

Snowballing? How about an out of control avalanche? They are going insane trying to trump each other in making up shit to blame on this one guy.

Snowballing? How about an out of control avalanche? They are going insane trying to trump each other in making up shit to blame on this one guy.

The GOP are making the Taliban look good!

yes, HE is responsible for these people DEATHS

They are the true hero's..... they gave their lives trying to recover this lowlife so called, military man

Obama isn't some hero for trading terrorist for this guy...he's a frikken danger to us

Bush released 520+ "detainees". Probably mostly Saudis.

Anyone here defending Bush for that? I do see morons on the left blaming Bush for everything. Of course you left wing truthers always blame Bush for TWO wars.

As though most of the country was not on the side of the one in Afghanistan. Yeah, except for you truthers that is.

As for the one in Iraq, he simply enforced the policy that Clinton signed when Clinton enacted the Iraq Liberation Act for WMDs. Yeah, when all of those democrats propagated the existence of WMDs, and after the paradigm shifted on how to deal with perceived threats abroad post 911. I mean seeing the damage 19 smelly scumbags could do WITH OUT A GUN, it became rather imperative to handle threats from abroad. Especially if it was a country that sponsored terrorism.

Oh, did I change the subject. I am sorry, you were the one that brought up Bush. You are the ones that never credit him for the liberal types of things he did. Including freeing detainees.

I will ask again What conservative ever defended Bush's liberal actions? Let me know. You see, it is hard to do things like that, when you are arguing with people that stand on principle, unlike you left wing hacks who shift like desert sands.

It would actually help out, if you people actually stood for something. None you do though.

I'm not talking about indirectly responsible, I am talking about DIRECT Responsibility.

Third Soldier Comes Forward To Say Taliban Attacks Become More Deadly After Bergdahl Deserted…

Deserting is bad enough, feeding the Taliban information to help kill American soldiers is a hundred times worse in my opinion.

Via Mediaite:

U.S. Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s squad leader who commanded him on the night he disappeared, Staff Sgt. Justin Gerleve, joined CNN host Jake Tapper on Wednesday where he said the former Taliban prisoner “totally deserted.” Gerleve confirmed, as have others who served with Bergdahl, that he believed attacks on American personnel became more direct and accurate after the captured American solider was taken by the Taliban.

“I believe that he totally deserted not only his fellow soldiers but his leadership that wanted the best for him and for our country,” Gerleve told Tapper. Gerleve said that he believes this because of the actions Bergdahl took and comments he made prior to his disappearance.

When asked if he believed, as his fellow soldiers have said, that attacks on U.S. troops got worse after Bergdahl abandoned his post, Gerleve replied, “Yes.”

“As one of the soldiers have stated, the attacks did get more direct, the IEDs did get more pinpoint to our trucks rather than the side of the roads, and everything like that,” Gerleve added. “I can’t say for sure the leakage was from Bergdahl, but it’s kind of a suspicion that it did happen.”

“Everything that we taught him, I mean, it was coming to — as far as direct attacks and indirect attacks,” he continued.

In my opinion, no. The Taliban are DIRECTLY responsible.

Via Mediaite:

But if they required the help of a third party to be successful, then the third party would ALSO be directly responsible.

That being said, I am not on the side of believing he gave info to hurt his comrades. I will leave that possibility open until more evidence is produced.

Actually, we are hearing from first hand accounts.

You discount those accounts. That is your choice.

Of course, you didn't feel the need to discount assumption, (with no first hand witnesses to back it up) the day after Zimmerman shot Martin..

But that is different. Isn't it.

Via Mediaite:

But if they required the help of a third party to be successful, then the third party would ALSO be directly responsible.

That being said, I am not on the side of believing he gave info to hurt his comrades. I will leave that possibility open until more evidence is produced.

There is not enough information to say he DIRECTLY was the cause. Indirectly, maybe.

Forum List

Back