Is Barack Obama anti -Semitic

Is Obama anti-Semitic

• Yes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
So isn't it time to call a spade a spade and admit this guy is an anti-Semite?

PS -- I am not Jewish.

Bibi Netanyahu is an anti American bigot...you used the racial term "spade" slick .....

the idiom "call a spade, a spade" has nothing to do with race-----but recently some people have claimed that it does.
Benjamin Netanyahu is not anti-American.

It seems to me this is obvious at this point but we have been told so many things about this guy that we now know aren't true. Remember when he was elected and we were told what a moderate he was? He has abandoned all pretense of that. And he was a compromiser? Again, even if you agree with him that is hard to defend.

So now here we have a guy the strongest influences on his life seem to be Islam (which isn't exactly always Jewish friendly) and Rev. Wright who claims its the Jews who forced Obama away from him. Obama legitimizes Al Sharpton (who refers to Jews as diamond merchants and is pretty fairly seen as a substantial influence behind Jewish deaths) and vilifies Benjamin Netanyahu. Obama is part of the far left of the Democratic party where both anti-Israel sentiment and anti-Semitism are well established. The effort to discredit Israel and move towards Iran and the Palestinians seems like no coincidence.

PS -- I am not Jewish.
The Palestinians are Semites.
That is a common response to this and Im aware of that but you and the others who raise this should look up the accepted definition of the term anti-Semitism. This is the accepted meaning and not a colloquial one so to the extent you are suggesting that my question is not phrased correctly or is asking if he is also anti-palestinain and others, you are incorrect. The term applies to antagonism or hatred towards Jews.

Antisemitism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

and from dictionary.com

Anti-semitism Define Anti-semitism at Dictionary.com

and from the Oxford dictionary

anti-Semitism definition of anti-Semitism in Oxford dictionary American English US

Jewish-Americans in the Obama Administration:

Current Members
Tony Blinken Deputy National Security Advisor
Danielle Borrin Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Deputy Director of Public Engagement
Gary Gensler Chairman, Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Jonathan Greenblatt Special Assistant to the President and Director, Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation (Domestic Policy Council)
Jack Lew Secretary of the Treasury
Eric Lynn Middle East Policy Adviser
Matt Nosanchuk Associate Director, Office of Public Engagement for Jewish Outreach
David Plouffe Senior Advisor to the President
Daniel Rubenstein Ambassador to Syria
Dan Shapiro Ambassador to Israel
Gene Sperling Director, National Economic Council
Aviva Sufian Special Envoy, U.S. Holocaust Survivor Services (Inaugural role)
Adam Szubin Director, Office of Foreign Assets Control (Treasury)
Janet Yellen Chairwoman, Federal Reserve
David Cohen Deputy Director, Central Intelligence Agency
David Saperstein Ambassador for Religious Freedom

Former Members
Ben Bernanke (2006-2013) Chairman, Federal Reserve
Mary Schapiro (2009-2012) Chairwoman, Securities and Exchange Commission
Steven Simon (2009-2012) Senior Director, Middle East/North Africa, National Security Council
Rahm Emanuel (2009-2010) Chief of Staff to the President
David Axelrod (2009-2011) Senior Advisor to the President
Elena Kagan (2009-2010) Solicitor General of the United States
Peter Orszag (2009-2010) Director of the Office of Management and Budget
Lawrence Summers ('09-'11) Director National Economic Council
Mona Sutphen (2009-2011) Deputy White House Chief of Staff
James B. Steinberg ('09-'11 ) Deputy Secretary of State
Dennis Ross (2009-2011 ) Special Assistant to the President
Ronald Klain (2009-2011) Chief of Staff to the Vice President
Jared Bernstein (2009-2011) Chief Economist/Economic Policy Advisor to the Vice President
Susan Sher (2009-2011) Chief of Staff to the First Lady
Alice Rivlin Member, National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility & Reform
Lee Feinstein (2009) Campaign Foreign Policy Advisor
Mara Rudman

...anti-Semites don't choose to put Jews in places of power do they?

PS -- I am not Jewish.

Bibi Netanyahu is an anti American bigot...you used the racial term "spade" slick .....

the idiom "call a spade, a spade" has nothing to do with race-----but recently some people have claimed that it does.
Benjamin Netanyahu is not anti-American.

Which Netanyahu? We've identified two distinct ones just in the last week or so.

It seems to me this is obvious at this point but we have been told so many things about this guy that we now know aren't true. Remember when he was elected and we were told what a moderate he was? He has abandoned all pretense of that. And he was a compromiser? Again, even if you agree with him that is hard to defend.

So now here we have a guy the strongest influences on his life seem to be Islam (which isn't exactly always Jewish friendly) and Rev. Wright who claims its the Jews who forced Obama away from him. Obama legitimizes Al Sharpton (who refers to Jews as diamond merchants and is pretty fairly seen as a substantial influence behind Jewish deaths) and vilifies Benjamin Netanyahu. Obama is part of the far left of the Democratic party where both anti-Israel sentiment and anti-Semitism are well established. The effort to discredit Israel and move towards Iran and the Palestinians seems like no coincidence.

PS -- I am not Jewish.

He only hates living Jews. He's trying to fix that

Gee another goyim thread about Jews

Evangelical upwelling of philo-Semitism seems to have little to do with actual Jewish people, and more to do with Jewishness as an abstract theological concept.

A lot of evangelical support for Israel, for example, grows out of certain strains of dispensationalist theology, in which the Jews’ return to Israel is seen as a prerequisite for the Second Coming.

Meanwhile, in a 2004 address, televangelist Pat Robertson didn’t even try to hide the degree to which his understanding of Jewish history served his own theological ends: “You are the living witnesses that the promises of the Sovereign Lord are true,” he told an Israeli audience, after suggesting that the last 2,500 years of Jewish survival served as “primary evidence” for the existence of God.

Elsewhere, in an essay at the orthodox Christian magazine First Things, Joe Carter examined “our philo-Semitism” and concluded “we evangelicals have a special affection for our Jewish neighbor” in part “because we know that God had a special affection for them too.” The sentiment, while kind, should be familiar: Jews are likable because of their role in Christian theology.

When evangelicals speak about Jews this way, they shouldn’t be surprised if their love goes unrequited. At its core, philo-Semitism has much in common with anti-Semitism. Both approaches view Jewishness as an abstract monolith, and both endow Jews with particular historical roles — roles, it seems, that are rarely of the Jews’ own choosing.

This (scare tactic)has been going on since the 2008 presidential race, and I predict it will never end, not even if Obama stands up in Jerusalem and declares his unwavering support for a secure Israel, which he did; not even if he promotes unprecedented levels of high-level security cooperation between America and Israel, which he did; and not even if he stands before the Arab world and demands the recognition of Israeli rights, which he did.

And here’s what’s truly amazing: The scare tactic is not working.

Why Jews still back Obama Rob Eshman Jewish Journal

PS -- I am not Jewish.
The Palestinians are Semites.
That is a common response to this and Im aware of that but you and the others who raise this should look up the accepted definition of the term anti-Semitism. This is the accepted meaning and not a colloquial one so to the extent you are suggesting that my question is not phrased correctly or is asking if he is also anti-palestinain and others, you are incorrect. The term applies to antagonism or hatred towards Jews.

Antisemitism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

and from dictionary.com

Anti-semitism Define Anti-semitism at Dictionary.com

and from the Oxford dictionary

anti-Semitism definition of anti-Semitism in Oxford dictionary American English US

Jewish-Americans in the Obama Administration:

Current Members
Tony Blinken Deputy National Security Advisor
Danielle Borrin Director of Intergovernmental Affairs and Deputy Director of Public Engagement
Gary Gensler Chairman, Commodity Futures Trading Commission
Jonathan Greenblatt Special Assistant to the President and Director, Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation (Domestic Policy Council)
Jack Lew Secretary of the Treasury
Eric Lynn Middle East Policy Adviser
Matt Nosanchuk Associate Director, Office of Public Engagement for Jewish Outreach
David Plouffe Senior Advisor to the President
Daniel Rubenstein Ambassador to Syria
Dan Shapiro Ambassador to Israel
Gene Sperling Director, National Economic Council
Aviva Sufian Special Envoy, U.S. Holocaust Survivor Services (Inaugural role)
Adam Szubin Director, Office of Foreign Assets Control (Treasury)
Janet Yellen Chairwoman, Federal Reserve
David Cohen Deputy Director, Central Intelligence Agency
David Saperstein Ambassador for Religious Freedom

Former Members
Ben Bernanke (2006-2013) Chairman, Federal Reserve
Mary Schapiro (2009-2012) Chairwoman, Securities and Exchange Commission
Steven Simon (2009-2012) Senior Director, Middle East/North Africa, National Security Council
Rahm Emanuel (2009-2010) Chief of Staff to the President
David Axelrod (2009-2011) Senior Advisor to the President
Elena Kagan (2009-2010) Solicitor General of the United States
Peter Orszag (2009-2010) Director of the Office of Management and Budget
Lawrence Summers ('09-'11) Director National Economic Council
Mona Sutphen (2009-2011) Deputy White House Chief of Staff
James B. Steinberg ('09-'11 ) Deputy Secretary of State
Dennis Ross (2009-2011 ) Special Assistant to the President
Ronald Klain (2009-2011) Chief of Staff to the Vice President
Jared Bernstein (2009-2011) Chief Economist/Economic Policy Advisor to the Vice President
Susan Sher (2009-2011) Chief of Staff to the First Lady
Alice Rivlin Member, National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility & Reform
Lee Feinstein (2009) Campaign Foreign Policy Advisor
Mara Rudman

...anti-Semites don't choose to put Jews in places of power do they?

Yes they do. Not at all uncommon thruout history and in every place in which jews lived------and sometime did not live Today----when important Saudis are sick-----they secretly transport Israeli doctors into Saudi Arabia------it is an opened joke------ the Saudis actually demand that the docs sign a statement
that they will not utter a Hebrew prayer while in Saudi Arabia ----the good news is that the Israeli docs are paid very well.
Position of power? ----well----an anecdote told me-----not from an Israeli doc----but from the US military base. It was a jewish doc-----anesthetist------
who was administering anesthesia to a Saudi-------and said on the inducing injection-------"how do you feel getting a shot from a Zionist"? I don't really believe he did------anesthesiologists have to RELAX their patient -----not frighten them to unconsciousness. In general ----jewish military are not sent to Saudi Arabia-----but with doctors you never know-----they may have been short handed

PS -- I am not Jewish.

I was expecting to get the simple-minded racism criticism for using that phrase much sooner than I did. What took you so long?
When Obama used the phrase "lipstick on a pig" with regard to Sarah Palin he defended the inevitable criticism from the I cant wait to take racial offense crowd (of which you seem to be one) by saying that it was neither gender based nor sexist but a generally accepted idiom. The same rationale would apply to using the phrase call a spade a spade with respect to Obama. If I wanted to use a racial term with respect to Obama I would probably refer to him as a mulatto -- and how ironic that by calling him a mulatto I would also be calling a spade a spade

Last edited:
I have heard the "call a spade, a spade" idiom all my life and it never had a racial
connotation------It just meant ---refer to that which is, as that which it IS. It is possible
for all kinds of people to like to attribute RACISM to just about anything

This (scare tactic)has been going on since the 2008 presidential race, and I predict it will never end, not even if Obama stands up in Jerusalem and declares his unwavering support for a secure Israel, which he did; not even if he promotes unprecedented levels of high-level security cooperation between America and Israel, which he did; and not even if he stands before the Arab world and demands the recognition of Israeli rights, which he did.

And here’s what’s truly amazing: The scare tactic is not working.

Why Jews still back Obama Rob Eshman Jewish Journal
I'll believe anything Obugolo says...........after his bar mitzvah. Indeed I will.

Forum List

Back