Is banning same-sex marriage fair?

No i think it should be the other way around. If the church still wants to have their little holy fingers in everyones life then THEY should call what THEY do

Sanctified by god.

Marriage is marriage. It is the union of two people.

Or more.

Oft more.

Ask an anthropologist or historian. Or anyone who's actually read the old Testament.

As I recall, in the Bible, having more than one wive, always led to problems. That's why we have Muslims today.

Of course, is we want to allow more than one husband....hmmmm might be fun :D
Why are there virtually no polyandrous societies? | Psychology Today

Hi Manifold:

All this discussion about the prop 8 ruling got me thinking about this from a very simple perspective. Is it fair to deny marriage to same-sex couples?

Yes. Homosexuality is an abomination to our Creator and those practicing such things are 'worthy of death' (Romans 1:32). Everyone has the same right to marry a member of the opposite sex ...

If you can, for the purposes of this discussion please do not introduce any arguments related to the Constitution, rights, or anything else of a legal nature.

It's a very simple philosophical question:

Is it fair to deny marriage to same-sex couples?

The fact that you are asking for 'rights' from heterosexual married people is a great sign that something stinks in Denmark. No. A True Homosexual Person Has NEVER Been Born (my Topic). What we have going on right now in America is a bunch of degenerate people with 'depraved minds' seeking extra rights for participating in deviant sexual behavior with people of the SAME SEX. Today they are Homosexuals, but tomorrow they change their minds and marry a woman to have kids. Then, years later, they relapse into deviant behavior and decide to be gay again. No sir. Bob can play house with Bill all he wants, but 'marriage' (male + female) has NOTHING to do with it. ZERO.

You were born as the product of exactly one heterosexual male and exactly one heterosexual female making you one or the other. Your decision to lay down with a person of the same sex does not constitute extra rights for anyone ...

PS: Please know that declaring fair ain't got nothin' to do with it may contain some truth, but also betrays the author's implicit belief that it is not fair.

I am glad that we have the opportunity for these discussions over obvious deviant behavior, because then everyone can clearly see who belongs in the closet ...

GL,

Terral

Forum List

Back