Is anyone interested in metal detecting?

Michelle420

Diamond Member
Jan 6, 2013
The Bee Hive State
I am just learning about it. My boyfriend bought me a metal detector. When I was in Vegas in May my brother in law was showing me all the cool stuff he has found with his metal detector and also how to pan for gold.

I don't really know where to start but he gave me some gold prospector magazines that were nice.

My son got one for christmas. We messed with it but it was for kids. It wasnt much to brag about..
I would like one.
I would love to go do it at all the civil war battlefields around here!

My son got one for christmas. We messed with it but it was for kids. It wasnt much to brag about..
I would like one.

I bet where you are at you would find amazing old coins and jewelry.

I would like one.

Harley lost his keys again.

I would like one.

My grandfather had one when I was a kid. I took it to the park across the street and found a bottle cap and a screw. :113:

I am now old enough to become a member of AARP. Maybe it's time to get into the hobby.

I’ve found silver dollars,halves, civil war bullets rings etc. I have a minelab Etrac.

0881D945-75F9-42F5-890D-B79428A10DD7.jpeg

A good entry level detector would be a whites m6, fisher f4, Those are around $400.00 $600.00 Most people start off with a ace 150 cost around $150.00 then move on up to something better.

Can people go into mountains, forrests, parks and metal detect or do you have to get permission from city and forrest ranger?
The way our crazy laws are. I would definitely get permission. I hunt parks, schools, and private property. Those areas are pretty much a go.

Can people go into mountains, forrests, parks and metal detect or do you have to get permission from city and forrest ranger?
I haven't seen any "no metal detectors allowed signs" at any of the parks I've been to; however, some park officials may get upset if you start digging holes looking for stuff.

I would like one.
They usually chase metal detectors off of civil war battlefields

You will have to find private land

Forum List

Back