Is Any Body Else Watching This Interview?

uptownlivin90

Rebelious Youngin
Oct 16, 2009
Maryland
I'm watching this Piers Morgan interview with Santorum.

I don't agree with Santorum's decision to vote for the invasion of Iraq.

But I'll say that I'm sitting here listening to the guy and he seems very informed on foreign issues. He broke down the difference between the threat of Saddam in Iraq and the threat of a crazed theocracy in Iran, and (sort of) expressed some regret that it seems we've done more to address Iraq then Iran.

He says he doesn't view America as the policemen of the world, I think he understands that we can be the world's leader without over-reaching. He discussed the dangers of our interference in Libya and seems to understand the volatile situation in the middle east. He seems to actually have a grasp on foreign policy.

Then I heard him discuss Obama, he was very polite, very professional, didn't call him a food stamp president, said he's a good family man and that he respected him but he simply has a fundamentally different idea about what makes America great.

He's hardcore on social issues.
He's not a flip-flopper.
Has a REASONABLE grasp on foreign policy.

Uhh... Republicans... why the Heck aren't we electing this guy?

Because he is a bigot and a liar?

Santorum claims he does not view people as groups only to later in that same debate claim Gays should not be allowed to get married.... Gays, a group, that is somehow not covered under the constitution like the rest of the non gays in the country.

Of course this is all after he calls Iran a theocracy and dangerous because religion and Government are one... So what does he do? Santorum proposes our Government takes religion and make it a law so that gays can't get married...

Santorum also claims that Muslims are dangerous because they believe the afterlife is better than this life... Kinda like Christianity.

Santorum is "privet sector" much like Newt is... All of Santorums money is based on contracts he was able to land AFTER he was done holding office...

Santorum claims he does not view people as groups only to later in that same debate claim Gays should not be allowed to get married.... Gays, a group, that is somehow not covered under the constitution like the rest of the non gays in the country.

Of course this is all after he calls Iran a theocracy and dangerous because religion and Government are one... So what does he do? Santorum proposes our Government takes religion and make it a law so that gays can't get married...

Santorum also claims that Muslims are dangerous because they believe the afterlife is better than this life... Kinda like Christianity.

Santorum is "privet sector" much like Newt is... All of Santorums money is based on contracts he was able to land AFTER he was done holding office...

I'd appreciate that quote being linked. Thanks.

I'll say I'm not exactly the person to call on when it comes to social issues. I'm all for Paul on the economy, gun rights and foreign policy, on social issues I lean towards Santorum. I'm for Paul's stance that abortion and marriage is a states issue, though.

But I'll say that I'm sitting here listening to the guy and he seems very informed on foreign issues. He broke down the difference between the threat of Saddam in Iraq and the threat of a crazed theocracy in Iran, and (sort of) expressed some regret that it seems we've done more to address Iraq then Iran.

He says he doesn't view America as the policemen of the world, I think he understands that we can be the world's leader without over-reaching. He discussed the dangers of our interference in Libya and seems to understand the volatile situation in the middle east. He seems to actually have a grasp on foreign policy.

Then I heard him discuss Obama, he was very polite, very professional, didn't call him a food stamp president, said he's a good family man and that he respected him but he simply has a fundamentally different idea about what makes America great.

He's not a flip-flopper.

I've been wondering that myself. He's a very good candidate.

He is on Hannity right now. Newt was on before him.

I'm interested in what you think of him Gramps?

I know you absolutely love Gingrich, we know but...

What say you 'bout Santorum?

I like him quite a bit but I do have two issues.

He comes across as a polarizing figure which I think "could" lead to another gridlocked congress.

Lastly, I get very tired of hearing about family values. Not that they aren't important but I think we have much more important issues right now.

I'll say I'm not exactly the person to call on when it comes to social issues. I'm all for Paul on the economy, gun rights and foreign policy, on social issues I lean towards Santorum. I'm for Paul's stance that abortion and marriage is a states issue, though.

I would like the entire bucket of shit Avory just slung to be backed up with links and quotes.

I won't hold my breath, tho.....
:eusa_whistle:

Well, if someone were to twist my arm and make me vote today I would probably go with Santorum.

That's today. Tomorrow could be a different story.....

I only worry if he can beat Obama......

That quote is being taken out of context and suds knows it.

Christians don't believe the path to the afterlife lies in the blood of others. The twisted view of Irans leaders do.

That was the intent of the message, he just worded it wrong.

He comes across as a polarizing figure which I think "could" lead to another gridlocked congress.

Lastly, I get very tired of hearing about family values. Not that they aren't important but I think we have much more important issues right now.

Gramps. Gridlock is by design when the country is in disagreement. Look where getting along has gotten us. The problem is we dont have anyone willing to stand on principle. Social issues dont show on my radar.

Gramps. Gridlock is by design when the country is in disagreement. Look where getting along has gotten us. The problem is we dont have anyone willing to stand on principle. Social issues dont show on my radar.

Getting along and winning debates to draw votes from the other side are two different things.

I'm amused when Santorum criticizes Iran for being a theocracy, while I feel that he likes the idea of a Christian theocracy.

The gridlock is killing us. Look at all the good bills in the house that are dead. Santorum doesn't strike me as the person that can draw votes from the other side.

Winning the race is only half the job. Then we need someone who can do something with it. In order to do that we need someone who can make the other side move.

He's not a flip-flopper.

You cant serve two masters, they are all bought and paid for... but one

Getting along and winning debates to draw votes from the other side are two different things.

Fair enough. :cool:

He's not a flip-flopper.

You cant serve two masters, they are all bought and paid for... but one

Go team go

The more I think about it the more I like the guy. He's a Pennsylvania Senator. He's a northern guy that I think can form relationships with the "lunch-pail" democrats (blue collar folks) of the Mid-West. I do think he has some cross the isle appeal.

As for the family issues thing, if Santorum plays this right this could actually work for him in the upcoming election.

Say Obama takes Santorum's policies (which everyone knows are pretty right wing) and runs with it, and attacks, attacks, attacks. Santorum could swing that and say "Hey all Obama is doing is trying to talk about my record on social issues to avoid talking about the economy".

The gridlock is killing us. Look at all the good bills in the house that are dead. Santorum doesn't strike me as the person that can draw votes from the other side.

Winning the race is only half the job. Then we need someone who can do something with it. In order to do that we need someone who can make the other side move.

Unlike the present administration, I believe Santorum would show more leadership....

Forum List

Back