Is American Power Dwindling?

Globalism is the scourge of mankind. It has turned so many into slaves. I can't recall a single Global trade deal signed in recent years that has benefited American Workers. All of our politicians in both parties have sold us out. I proudly proclaim that it's time for more Isolationism & Protectionism. The Globalists have made those terms dirty words. Why have they made those terms dirty words? Just look at the people who are always pushing Globalism/Interventionism. Those people don't care about Americans anymore. The time has come for a bit of that Isolationism & Protectionism. When Americans stop fighting for Americans you know something is wrong. Our politicians have stopped fighting for Americans a long time ago. I don't understand how so few understand this. I equate power with Globalism/Interventionism so i think less power might just be a good thing for this nation. That's how i feel anyway.
Globalization is here and here to stay. It has been devastating to American workers particular in manufacturing. The globalization of corporate American has been very profitable. It has opened markets throughout the world, Starbucks in China and Walmart in India, etc.. Business can now have easier access to cheap foreign labor. A boon for business. A disaster for American workers.

Unfortunately, I think there is little that can be done. It's just the way the world is moving.

Actually it's been a boon to American workers in many ways. Yes, some have been displaced. But there have been many more jobs created than lost. This is why the unemployment rate ran at about 5% or less for most of Bush's tenure.
The alternatives are far worse.

Here's a head's up, folks.

ALL NATION STATES are getting weaker.

This is NOT by accident.

Globalism is the scourge of mankind. It has turned so many into slaves. I can't recall a single Global trade deal signed in recent years that has benefited American Workers. All of our politicians in both parties have sold us out. I proudly proclaim that it's time for more Isolationism & Protectionism. The Globalists have made those terms dirty words. Why have they made those terms dirty words? Just look at the people who are always pushing Globalism/Interventionism. Those people don't care about Americans anymore. The time has come for a bit of that Isolationism & Protectionism. When Americans stop fighting for Americans you know something is wrong. Our politicians have stopped fighting for Americans a long time ago. I don't understand how so few understand this. I equate power with Globalism/Interventionism so i think less power might just be a good thing for this nation. That's how i feel anyway.

what was the state of the worker before globalism?

This is NOT by accident.

Dat true. Globalization and corporatization intended to undermine the nation state, and they are.

Weak states, strong corps, powerless labor, the power of capital in the hands of private banksters, and absolutely NO free markets

I say no. Rather, I see the fall of the USSR as the infancy of US world domination, leaving a good 100 - 150 years of definitive top-dog status. Nevertheless, folks seem to be eager to prophecy our immanent decline. What is this based on, again?

Agree..

No country comes close in economic or military power

This is NOT by accident.

Dat true. Globalization and corporatization intended to undermine the nation state, and they are.

Weak states, strong corps, powerless labor, the power of capital in the hands of private banksters, and absolutely NO free markets

I realize that this forum has become a place for people simply to emote their beliefs and expect not to be asked for any kind of proof. But still, I must ask: Can you point to "corps" that are stronger and overwhelming weakened nation-states?

I say no. Rather, I see the fall of the USSR as the infancy of US world domination, leaving a good 100 - 150 years of definitive top-dog status. Nevertheless, folks seem to be eager to prophecy our immanent decline. What is this based on, again?

Our Leadership apologizing for our Military and Economic status.

You know, this is a favorite talking point of the Anti-Obama folks.

And yet, no one's ever been able to show a link to Obama actually "apologizing" to anyone, for anything.

So, got something to back this up? Or just repeating a talking point for the fun of it?

And yet, no one's ever been able to show a link to Obama actually "apologizing" to anyone, for anything.

So, got something to back this up? Or just repeating a talking point for the fun of it?

Here ya go!
Barack Obama: 'arrogant US has been dismissive' to allies - Telegraph

Now tell me how it was misquoted. Or how the Telegraph isn't reliable. Or how it was out of context. Or how Obama was really right after all and should have apologized.

Here ya go!

Now tell me how it was misquoted. Or how the Telegraph isn't reliable. Or how it was out of context. Or how Obama was really right after all and should have apologized.

Ok.

Here ya go!

Ok.

Good. So the next time some yayhoo posts how Obama hasn't realized apologized I expect you'll get up there and say "I like Obama and voted for him but he did in fact apologize."

Here ya go!

Ok.

Good. So the next time some yayhoo posts how Obama hasn't realized apologized I expect you'll get up there and say "I like Obama and voted for him but he did in fact apologize."

Well, I didn't vote for Obama, and I don't like him.

But yes, he did apologize.

I don't think our power will Dwindle. When we lose power it will happen quickly.

good post, but is any of it real?
it is in my view, but it doesnt tell the whole picture. a real contest between the US and china over world domination prospects would have to examine more details about the US. despite what many are quick to point out about US public finance and our debt none of the cards which china is holding compare to america's hand now or in the next ten years. of course a meteor landing on our eastern seaboard or the discovery that the gobi desert is solid gold would change everything so we should bar left field from consideration.

The ability of the US to run a double deficit without end is what all of our debt and economic power relies upon.

And that double deficit is the direct result of our world reserve currency status. A voluntary condition backed by NATO and of course the US military strength.

But that doesn't mean it can't all fail in a week.

left field. plus china's lot is tied to ours, as is much of the rest of the world. where monetary policy is concerned, all things are relative. without playing down the seriousness of our public finance situation, there is no way in hell to paint china's as being close to better off. their currency has no value independent from the buck, and they recognize that to be better than the alternative, vehemently clinging to that position despite the entire developed world warning them off.

China's strength is in taking over the command position in world manufacturing and owning the technologies of the future while we slowly forget how to make bolts.

Our military can't function without Chinese parts, and China can afford to arm themselves at about 8% the costs of us modernizing our military.
china cant afford to arm themselves like the US is armed. the US wont let them at any price. i contend that our military can function sans china if needed, and without an akward transition, whatsoever. china will inevitably overtake the US in the manufacture game, but assuming a decline in US manufacture growth is a baseless presumption. china's manufacture growth is slowing. how will deflation further impact that on the back of the waning demand which they're already coping with?
China's critical weakness is of course access to resources. I personally don't take their social instability too seriously.

They are probably the most unified, homogeneous nation state/culture ethnicity on earth. China is probably far more stable than the baby US.

But resources....how do you feed and supply 1.3 billion people? Esp in war? It does seem like an impasse is inevitable.

history can't support your image of china or chinese.

the US has had china surrounded for 40 years; geographically, politically and economically there is no remote chance for china to prevail in a confrontation with the US, although a US/china showdown is one of the lessor likely scenarios to play out. it's even hard to imagine in the short term, barring a left-field scenario.

what's not out of left field is that china is overdue a recession which has the potential to be exacerbated by stagflationary forces to include coping with that massive population you point out.

Here ya go!

He did not apologize for America......

He apologized for George Bush. We should all be ashamed for sticking him on the world

good post, but is any of it real?
it is in my view, but it doesnt tell the whole picture. a real contest between the US and china over world domination prospects would have to examine more details about the US. despite what many are quick to point out about US public finance and our debt none of the cards which china is holding compare to america's hand now or in the next ten years. of course a meteor landing on our eastern seaboard or the discovery that the gobi desert is solid gold would change everything so we should bar left field from consideration.

The ability of the US to run a double deficit without end is what all of our debt and economic power relies upon.

And that double deficit is the direct result of our world reserve currency status. A voluntary condition backed by NATO and of course the US military strength.

But that doesn't mean it can't all fail in a week.

left field. plus china's lot is tied to ours, as is much of the rest of the world. where monetary policy is concerned, all things are relative. without playing down the seriousness of our public finance situation, there is no way in hell to paint china's as being close to better off. their currency has no value independent from the buck, and they recognize that to be better than the alternative, vehemently clinging to that position despite the entire developed world warning them off.

China's strength is in taking over the command position in world manufacturing and owning the technologies of the future while we slowly forget how to make bolts.

Our military can't function without Chinese parts, and China can afford to arm themselves at about 8% the costs of us modernizing our military.
china cant afford to arm themselves like the US is armed. the US wont let them at any price. i contend that our military can function sans china if needed, and without an akward transition, whatsoever. china will inevitably overtake the US in the manufacture game, but assuming a decline in US manufacture growth is a baseless presumption. china's manufacture growth is slowing. how will deflation further impact that on the back of the waning demand which they're already coping with?
China's critical weakness is of course access to resources. I personally don't take their social instability too seriously.

They are probably the most unified, homogeneous nation state/culture ethnicity on earth. China is probably far more stable than the baby US.

But resources....how do you feed and supply 1.3 billion people? Esp in war? It does seem like an impasse is inevitable.

history can't support your image of china or chinese.

the US has had china surrounded for 40 years; geographically, politically and economically there is no remote chance for china to prevail in a confrontation with the US, although a US/china showdown is one of the lessor likely scenarios to play out. it's even hard to imagine in the short term, barring a left-field scenario.

what's not out of left field is that china is overdue a recession which has the potential to be exacerbated by stagflationary forces to include coping with that massive population you point out.

China has moved historically in the last 20 years but they still have 600 million peasants. They lack a world class Navy and are unable to extend their power past their own borders. Their biggest military threat is their own people. That is why they have the worlds largest Army

China graduates way more engineers than we do. There standard of living will go up double digits for decades. It's very good for oil investors and multinationals.

China graduates way more engineers than we do. There standard of living will go up double digits for decades. It's very good for oil investors and multinationals.

With five times the population of the US they should. China lacks infrastructure, roads, electric, running water for half their population. Standard of living has to go up much more than double digits. It is impressive how they have grown....but

They have a long way to go

We didn't kill the soviet union, they died from within because of enormous debts. Those same enormous debts we now have.

Predictions of our demise are nothing new

In the 1980s all we heard was how Japan would overtake us

Forum List

Back