Is Afirmative Action Right or Just??? This Black Girl says NO!!!

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
She says NO SOLELY because it was afirmative action of the minority of the school, a WHITE GIRL!!! The Black girl had the better grades, she "deserved" to be the sole valedictorian! Yet the PC school put a White girl with lower grades up there with her!

See minorities sometimes don't see the injustice and unfairness of not basing things on merit and rather basing it on skin color.

Kymberly and her new baby have more than enough justification to me mad about this! Basing awards and accomplishments on merit was MLK message!

Black student sues over valedictorian flap - US news - Life - msnbc.com
PINE BLUFF, Ark. — A black teenager is suing an Arkansas school district, contending her high school discriminated against her by refusing to let her be sole valedictorian even though she had the highest grade-point average.

Kymberly L. Wimberly, 18, filed the lawsuit last week in federal court in Pine Bluff against McGehee School District, its superintendent and the high school principal.

Wimberly, who graduated in May, got all “A’s” and just one “B” while at McGehee Secondary School, the suit says.

“Even though she had the highest Grade Point Average (G.P.A.) in her class, Defendants forced Wimberly to share the title of Valedictorian with a white student,” the lawsuit says. “Defendants’ actions were part of a pattern and practice of school administrators and personnel treating the African-American students less favorably than Caucasian students.”

Blacks represent about 46 percent of the 500-plus student body at McGehee Secondary, according to the lawsuit.

A message left with the office of Superintendent Thomas Gathen, who is black, was not immediately returned Monday evening.

The lawsuit, first reported on Monday by Courthouse News Service, says Wimberly’s mother, Molly Bratton, overheard other school staff talking in the copy room on May 10 that Wimberly’s status as valedictorian might cause a “big mess.” (Wimberly had a baby during her junior year, according to court documents.)

Ali777 more race baiting

How is it race baiting? The Black girl CLEARLY earned the valedictorian, yet PCness put a White girl minority on the stage with her. It's EXACTLY what happens in many cases with affirmative action.

People don't like it when they injustice is turned against them and this is CLEARLY and injustice!

I find that sort of thing labeling.. I don't like it either.
Going in everybody's got to be talking trash.. he's here because, She's here because.
It's degrading. The intention was good but the consequences may not be so for the qualified person getting the job.

Kimberly Wimberly. Hell, I'd give it to her for the awesome name alone. She earned it, she should get it. End of story.

"...got all “A’s” and just one “B...”

"Wimberly had a baby during her junior year, according to court documents."

Looks like we know which class she got her "B" in. :)

Kimberly Wimberly. Hell, I'd give it to her for the awesome name alone. She earned it, she should get it. End of story.

"...got all “A’s” and just one “B...”

"Wimberly had a baby during her junior year, according to court documents."

Looks like we know which class she got her "B" in. :)

LOL! Bottomline is black organizations like the NAACP always bitch and moan at whites when they they want to hire or fire on merit and not race! However when the table is turned and a white person is getting some because of PCness, then they cry about the injustice of an award not being awarded on merit! It's hypocrisy of the Democratic base!

Forum List

Back