Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

I think that to use a scapegoat is a sin.

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

Regards
DL
I don't believe you know what Jesus actually taught. The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

So accepting that is in no way a sin. It is how one finds peace and joy in life.
I sure hope you are correct and that Christians of the homophobic, misogynous and genocidal god lovers type can be healed.

Jesus is waiting patiently for so many Christians to move left, or just do the best thing and turn to Gnostic Christianity for moral guidance.

Regards
DL
Wait, wait, wait... tell me again as a Gnostic Christian how evil Christ is again?

This is too funny.

Do make up your mind if you want to talk about Jesus or some Christ.

Jesus was never anointed to Christ, goof.

Regards
DL

If you're not Israel, Jesus is not your Messiah. He may be a modern-day Gentile's savior, but he was Israel's Messiah.

If someone claims Jesus is his Messiah, then he doesn't know what he's talking about. Is that a sin? Why would it be?

That is not the sin I put. Abdication of ones responsibilities was.

Regards
DL

Good lord

Not if we have to sin to see him as such.

Regards
DL

The Bible is the final word.

To the stupid.

Regards
DL
Would that be you? Will you not die with the Word of God stuck in your side like a thorn?

You seem unable to ignore it.

True that it is hard for me to ignore evil of Christianity.

Because of the damage to society the homophobes and misogynous do, not to mention how stupid it is to adore a genocidal god.

Regards
DL

My former business partner was a conniving manipulator who ruined our company spending profits for his personal use and handing out "bonuses" to his employee buddies while I scrambled to make payroll. He was a born again Baptist and was sure all his sins were forgiven and that I was going to Hell because he went to Church every Sunday and was "saved" and I wasn't. I told him I want no part of a God that rewards people like him. He didn't have a comeback for that.
Like here, the moment talks go to Christian morals and ethics, they run away.

Sure beats the past when they would run to the inquisitors and murderers.

Things are even looking up for atheists.

Your morals seem ok to me but the Christians wont like you.

Regards
DL
So... as a Gnostic CHRISTIAN tell us what you love most about CHRIST.
Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.

Regards
DL

My former business partner was a conniving manipulator who ruined our company spending profits for his personal use and handing out "bonuses" to his employee buddies while I scrambled to make payroll. He was a born again Baptist and was sure all his sins were forgiven and that I was going to Hell because he went to Church every Sunday and was "saved" and I wasn't. I told him I want no part of a God that rewards people like him. He didn't have a comeback for that.

Regards
DL

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Regards
DL

What does that mean exactly to you?

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

I think that to use a scapegoat is a sin.

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

Regards
DL
I don't believe you know what Jesus actually taught. The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

So accepting that is in no way a sin. It is how one finds peace and joy in life.
I sure hope you are correct and that Christians of the homophobic, misogynous and genocidal god lovers type can be healed.

Jesus is waiting patiently for so many Christians to move left, or just do the best thing and turn to Gnostic Christianity for moral guidance.

Regards
DL
Wait, wait, wait... tell me again as a Gnostic Christian how evil Christ is again?

This is too funny.

Do make up your mind if you want to talk about Jesus or some Christ.

Jesus was never anointed to Christ, goof.

Regards
DL
In the NT they are one and the same and the name of your religion certainly does imply that He was, goof.

Romans 14:12
New King James Version
12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.

Scapegoat users end where?

Regards
DL
No clue. Maybe repeating the cycle?

Moral coward.

Regards
DL

What?
I was looking for your moral stance.

It looked like you did not want to step up.

Regards
DL

I have no moral stance. Nor do I pretend to know about an after life. I have no religion, and no dogma to adhere to. I gave you my honest opinion.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Exactly what it says.

What do you think it says?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Exactly what it says.

Regards
DL

It doesn't matter what I think it says. I'm not the one trashing Christ or denying Christ. You are.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Exactly what it says.

Regards
DL

It doesn't matter what I think it says. I'm not the one trashing Christ or denying Christ. You are.

And I gave where I do not and you did not bother thinking about it.

Back on ignore, atheist.

Regards
DL

In the NT they are one and the same
Quotes, liar.

Regards
DL
You are doubting that the one called Jesus is also the one referred to as CHRIST and you claim to be a Gnostic CHRISTian. That seems pretty funny that you don't recognize Jesus as CHRIST when that name is literally in the name of the religion you SUPPOSEDLY follow.

Would you like to try again?

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Exactly what it says.

Regards
DL

And I gave where I do not and you did not bother thinking about it.

Back on ignore, atheist.

Regards
DL

You literally have no idea what those passages mean, do you?

Forum List

Back