Is accepting Jesus as messiah a sin?

GreatestIam

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2012

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

I think that to use a scapegoat is a sin.

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

Regards
DL

Romans 14:12
New King James Version
12 So then each of us shall give account of himself to God.

It seems to me, that to accept Jesus as our messiah or scapegoat, means abdication our responsibility for our sins and placing it on the messiah or scapegoat.

If you are religious, is this the sin that you think you did to deserve hell? If not, what is it that causes you to sin to be saved?

Regards
DL
YES definitely, agreeing to have an INNOCENT punished in YOUR place for YOUR misdeeds is morally bankrupt, and only Satan would make that a requirement for entrance into heaven.

Regards
DL
YES definitely, agreeing to have an INNOCENT punished in YOUR place for YOUR misdeeds is morally bankrupt, and only Satan would make that a requirement for entrance into heaven.

Well sure except that's not what the Bible says.

Regards
DL
Gnostic Christians - you are a gnostic christian, right? - had a hard time reconciling the OT with the NT. They didn't attack Jesus like you are doing. They saw the God of the OT as the evil God.

Regards
DL
I don't believe you know what Jesus actually taught. The Greek word for repent is "metanoia." Metanoia means to change your mind. Our thoughts, the flow of consciousness which determines our behaviors, can change. Metanoia has to do with moral activity, but goes beyond that. Jesus was teaching that we could change our mind about how we treat people. We don’t have to be unforgiving and cynical. We can change our mind about being negative. We can think positive thoughts and walk in faith instead of doubt. We can change our minds about sin. Rather than being caught in the strongholds of consistent habits of lust or selfishness, for example, we can experience freedom and selflessness. Jesus would not have told us to change unless it was possible and attainable. The Bible is full of words that speak about change. Repentance, metamorphosis, transformation, conversion, resurrection, rebirth, renewal, regeneration, healing and transfiguration.

So accepting that is in no way a sin. It is how one finds peace and joy in life.

My former business partner was a conniving manipulator who ruined our company spending profits for his personal use and handing out "bonuses" to his employee buddies while I scrambled to make payroll. He was a born again Baptist and was sure all his sins were forgiven and that I was going to Hell because he went to Church every Sunday and was "saved" and I wasn't. I told him I want no part of a God that rewards people like him. He didn't have a comeback for that.

If you're not Israel, Jesus is not your Messiah. He may be a modern-day Gentile's savior, but he was Israel's Messiah.

If someone claims Jesus is his Messiah, then he doesn't know what he's talking about. Is that a sin? Why would it be?

My former business partner was a conniving manipulator who ruined our company spending profits for his personal use and handing out "bonuses" to his employee buddies while I scrambled to make payroll. He was a born again Baptist and was sure all his sins were forgiven and that I was going to Hell because he went to Church every Sunday and was "saved" and I wasn't. I told him I want no part of a God that rewards people like him. He didn't have a comeback for that.
I sure hope you don't hold the actions of men against God. That would seem illogical to me.

Last edited:

Regards
DL

This is very silly

Regards
DL

Well sure except that's not what the Bible says.
Nice informative apologetics.

Oh wait -------

Your bible says serpents and donkeys can talk.

Is that a truth?

Regards
DL

Forum List

Back