IRS "Ripping Off" Folks Refunds

DriftingSand

Cast Iron Member
Feb 16, 2014
State of Disgust!
Yes! That's right. The IRS is seizing past debts even if those debts were your parents' back in the 1960s. I sent my return in late January and still haven't received my refund. My coworkers waited until early April to send in their returns and have already received their money. The IRS is literally ripping people off as we speak. I don't know yet if I'm a victim of their criminal activity but perhaps I am.

Refund? What refund? Federal government seizes $424 million from children to pay back old debts owed by their PARENTS | Mail Online

I just heard this story on the "Kelly Files." You may want to check out her website for further information.

Here's a couple of other sites that discuss this breaking news:

IRS seizing tax refund to cover parent?s decades-old debts - Liberty Unyielding

Blog: Nightmare: Feds seizing money from children for old debts of their parents

How on earth is a child responsible for his or her parents' tax debts? I know for a fact that my dad hired a professional tax agent every year and always paid his taxes. From what I'm hearing it will be virtually impossible to fight the IRS and the victims of this injustice will lose in the long run. Folks are going to start fighting back one of these days.

This needs to go to court....hopefully a conservative judge.

It needs to get a resolution immediately. I didn't expect much and I can live without it but there are lots of folks who desperately need their tax refunds and are waiting on pins and needles right now. How many folks who recently signed up for Obamacare need that money to pay their premium?

The obama regime quietly removed the statute of limitations allowing the IRS to back generations to find a debt. This is like digging through the sofa cushions for pennies.

Everyone is saying it's not their fault. Someone else did it. No one knows who. It's obama's fault. Where's his pen. Reinstate the law.

The obama regime quietly removed the statute of limitations allowing the IRS to back generations to find a debt. This is like digging through the sofa cushions for pennies.

Everyone is saying it's not their fault. Someone else did it. No one knows who. It's obama's fault. Where's his pen. Reinstate the law.

Yup, it was found in one sentence of the Farm Bill. Rat Bastards!
Obama could Executive Order it out......if he was inclined.

Oh gee, what a shocker. The IRS is doing what it has been doing for years and years but idiot rw's just now discovered it and they're just all kinds of upset and junk.

Try writing your R congress about this and see what you get.

Dunderheads.

You really are an asshole.

Try as you you might, not everything is Obama's fault.

Is there anyone else who has NOT received their refund yet?

In 2008, I maintained one of those MSA (Medical Spending Accounts). Money was deducted from my paycheck (tax free) and placed in an account that was to be used for medical expenses ONLY. As long at the money was used for medical purposes it would remain tax exempt. Well ... I ended up putting about $2000.00 into that account during that calendar year and I used it for medical purposes ONLY and had the receipts to prove it.

In early 2013 (last year) I was contacted by the IRS and told that I owed them $2100.00 for not paying taxes on that account. I went to their website and printed off their own information concerning MSAs and proved to them (in their own words) that I didn't owe any money. I also produced all of my receipts and the credit card statements listing every transaction. For clarification, I was issued a credit card directly tied to that account.

Anyway, after fighting tooth and nail, I ended up talking them down to $1400.00 and was forced to pay it.

Most of you know that I'm a conservative. I belong to the NRA, the GOA, the RMGO (Rocky Mountain Gun Owners), and I am registered with the Conservative Party and the Libertarian Party. I also supported some Tea Party folks. So, it's clear that I'm a target of the IRS. They're going after Constitutional-minded Americans and I'm just one of many who are experiencing the hatred from that organization.

Is anyone else having trouble with the IRS?

If he's president he's at fault. Everything was Bush's fault, so connect the dots.

Oh gee, what a shocker. The IRS is doing what it has been doing for years and years but idiot rw's just now discovered it and they're just all kinds of upset and junk.

Try writing your R congress about this and see what you get.

Dunderheads.

Typical idiotic response from an idiotic Progressive. You prefer slavery over freedom do you? Comfortable being someone's bitch?

If he's president he's at fault. Everything was Bush's fault, so connect the dots.

And follow the money. He's spent America into an endless chasm so he needs to find a way to pay his own salary (and Michelle's spending sprees).

Not everything ... just the faux pas under his watch -- or -- most things.

Saw this on the CBS evening news. Feinstein and Mikulski have called on the IRS to stop this practice.

Rare that Feinstein stands up for good but I'm glad she is in this case. I'll give credit where credit is due. I don't know much about Mikulski but more power to her for standing up.

If I had it my way I'd do away with the IRS (a Private Corporation) and put the power of money back in the hands of America's representatives.

Reinstate the statute of limitations. It's simple and requires no public handwringing.

Forum List

Back