‘Big Beer’ wins a round in legislative battle with Fla. microbreweries

I read it, it looks like they lost and the bill which would require them to pay passed, but the other bill is still in the works. What a strange law.

Thats fucked up!! But not near as fucked up as big government taking over healthcare.
They just passed a law in Texas allowing micro breweries to sell directly to the public.
And of course they allow them to sell to liquor stores and grocery stores.

I never did like Jeb...he's a fucken RINO.

Thats fucked up!! But not near as fucked up as big government taking over healthcare.
They just passed a law in Texas allowing micro breweries to sell directly to the public.

WTF does Jeb have to do with this law?

He's the governor.He should stand up and put a stop to it.

Have you been asleep while a few election cycles have occurred?

He's not the governor.

He hasn't been the Governor of Florida since 2007. I repeat. WTF does Jeb have to do with this law?

More "small government" from your Republican Party. What a fucking joke. Flori-DUH

?Big Beer? wins a round in legislative battle with Fla. microbreweries | Political Fix Florida

Did you read the entire story?
A republican is sponsoring the bill. Another republican is opposed..
Let's trun this around for a moment.
Answer this. Why should a small volume brewery be permitted to bypass the laws all other producers must abide by? What makes microbreweries so special?

More "small government" from your Republican Party. What a fucking joke. Flori-DUH

?Big Beer? wins a round in legislative battle with Fla. microbreweries | Political Fix Florida

Answer this. Why should a small volume brewery be permitted to bypass the laws all other producers must abide by? What makes microbreweries so special?

Florida is the first I have heard of with such laws or proposed laws. I know that in California, New Mexico, and South Carolina no such law exists.

The law is worse here in Alabama. If I was a microbrewery, I would have to sell my product to a distributor and someone else would have to buy it back.
A brewer can't have a retail liquor license.

You think that's messed up...
In South Carolina it is illegal to have liquor 'delivered'...
So, to replenish his supply of booze, a bar owner or his agent must go to a liquor distributor( ABC store) make the purchase at retail price set by the state and transport the product to the retail establishment.
Now, on the other hand, in the State of NJ it is illegal for a package store or tavern owner or his agent to go to a liquor distributor and pick up his purchase for transport to his establishment. The product MUST be delivered.

The law is worse here in Alabama. If I was a microbrewery, I would have to sell my product to a distributor and someone else would have to buy it back.

So, to replenish his supply of booze, a bar owner or his agent must go to a liquor distributor( ABC store) make the purchase at retail price set by the state and transport the product to the retail establishment.
Now, on the other hand, in the State of NJ it is illegal for a package store or tavern owner or his agent to go to a liquor distributor and pick up his purchase for transport to his establishment. The product MUST be delivered.

What the hell state was it that would only sell hard liquor in those little airline bottles? I want to say it was either North or South Carolina but that doesn't sound right...

I own a bar in Alabama. I can purchase retail at ABC Monday - Friday 9AM to 5 PM. I can buy for personal consumption any time, but can't sell it over the bar or have it on site.
Beer and wine is delivery only, and I pay more for beer than you would retail and I buy 60 cases of beer a week.

Well, for those folks that really want to know what makes Microbreweries so special, come to Oregon and see.

Well, for those folks that really want to know what makes Microbreweries so special, come to Oregon and see.

Montana. Big Sky Brewery. Moose Drool Brown Ale.

Mmmm, Mmmm Good...

I own a bar in Alabama. I can purchase retail at ABC Monday - Friday 9AM to 5 PM. I can buy for personal consumption any time, but can't sell it over the bar or have it on site.
Beer and wine is delivery only, and I pay more for beer than you would retail and I buy 60 cases of beer a week.

What is your price for a domestic beer?
Typically here in NC domestics go to bars for around $14 per case. That's not much less than retail.
In fact in some stores, it IS more than retail.

Forum List

Back