Irony Alert! Fox News’ Stossel Says “Dumb People” Shouldn’t Vote

I don't want people who are ignorant of politics or haven't become educated about the issues and the candidates to vote. Not sure why that is such a bad sentiment to have. :dunno:

And who exactly sets the standards to make that determination? Not sure why you can't see how dangerous that is.

Let me see if I can give you a scenario to help explain how dangerous your stance is too.

There are 100 people in a room. Each one gets to choose to vote either blue, red.

Each one is given a piece of paper explaining what 'blue' and 'red' represents.

You read yours. You discover that if a majority vote 'blue' everybody in the room dies. If the majority vote 'red', you all get $1000 and leave.

You look around and discover a few other people reading... but most of them are chatting among themselves and have not read the paper.

Do you want those who haven't read the paper to vote?

That helps explain it..

Or you could have a choice of red or blue. If you vote red, everyone who makes $100,000 a year or more will get an additional $100,000.
Those who make over a $100,000 decide that if they can keep those who make under $100,000 from voting, the red initiative will pass. So they develop a test that only red voters can pass and tell the blue voters they are no longer allowed to vote

Well.......lets call a spade a spade here.........Democrats would never win an election if not for extreme ignorance on the part of a huge majority of their base. The hordes of the stupids that mindlessly pull the lever for a Democrat.......its not even debatable. And really......gotta hand it to the liberal politician who exploits them.

Stossel makes a good point.........in order to vote, Ive always felt that the voter should be able to display some basic knowledge of civics. Millions of people who vote Dem at a general election would tell you they are fine with Sarah Palin being Obama's running mate. And their vote is worth the same as mine!!! WTF s0ns...............:eusa_dance:

Howard Stern Interviews Obama Supporters in Harlem - YouTube

Howard Stern Show? Really?

Stern's people goes out to get the dumbest most "shocking" people they can find and morons like this uses them as examples of a point they are trying to make.

Dumb people should not vote indeed.

And who exactly sets the standards to make that determination? Not sure why you can't see how dangerous that is.

Let me see if I can give you a scenario to help explain how dangerous your stance is too.

There are 100 people in a room. Each one gets to choose to vote either blue, red.

You read yours. You discover that if a majority vote 'blue' everybody in the room dies. If the majority vote 'red', you all get $1000 and leave.

You look around and discover a few other people reading... but most of them are chatting among themselves and have not read the paper.

That helps explain it..

Or you could have a choice of red or blue. If you vote red, everyone who makes $100,000 a year or more will get an additional $100,000.
Those who make over a $100,000 decide that if they can keep those who make under $100,000 from voting, the red initiative will pass. So they develop a test that only red voters can pass and tell the blue voters they are no longer allowed to vote

Could have. Didn't. Because that would be partisan bullshit and I was going for a basic example of why you want people to be informed about voting. I do apologize if it was over your intellectual pay grade.

And most of the wingnuts criticizing Stossel never even watched the show he did on this issue. If they did,they would probably change their minds.

That helps explain it..

Could have. Didn't. Because that would be partisan bullshit and I was going for a basic example of why you want people to be informed about voting. I do apologize if it was over your intellectual pay grade.

Well, at my intellectual pay grade we learned that "one man, one vote" was a cornerstone of the United States. That our founding fathers valued the opinion of a man who toiled in a field as much as the opinion of the man who owns the field.

That helps explain it..

Well, at my intellectual pay grade we learned that "one man, one vote" was a cornerstone of the United States. That our founding fathers valued the opinion of a man who toiled in a field as much as the opinion of the man who owns the field.

More evidence you're just another OWS/NBC-viewing Democrat Wingnut. You completely missed Stossel's point. Went right over your head. Not surprising though. Please stay home in November. Please. :)

More evidence you're just another OWS/NBC-viewing Democrat Wingnut. You completely missed Stossel's point. Went right over your head. Not surprising though. Please stay home in November. Please. :)

Stossell is seeking to disenfranchise voters he does not consider worthy. You don't get more un-American than that

Stossell is seeking to disenfranchise voters he does not consider worthy. You don't get more un-American than that

:lol: Right over your head. Yeah,way too much GE/MSNBC for you. Try cutting down on your viewing. And seriously,stay home on Election Day. Do it for the good of your Nation. Be a Patriot.

Last edited:
This is just more harebrained wingnut fantasy trying to come up with a way to jigger the electoral process in a way that would overcome the simple fact that rightwingers are a silly minority.

How many Dem Presidents received more than 50% of the popular vote since the end of WWII?
How many Republican Presidents?

Johnson 61%
Carter 50.1%
Obama 52.9%

And Clinton was just shy with 49.2% in 1996.

And he didn't have a 50% majority, but we can't forget who won the popular vote in 2000. LOL

BAM! WTG Stossel! Classic OWS/MSNBC Democrat Droolers...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wro-1G5gb_Y]John Stossel : Should everybody vote? (Eng/Swe/Fin subtitles) - YouTube[/ame]

I figured he was just pointing out how stupid it is to vote before making the effort to inform oneself of the issues and form opinions.

:lol: Right over your head. Yeah,way too much GE/MSNBC for you. Try to cut down on your viewing. And seriously,stay home on Election Day. Do it for the good of your Nation. Be a Patriot.

Actually, Patriots value the right to vote for all Americans

I figured he was just pointing out how stupid it is to vote before making the effort to inform oneself of the issues and form opinions.

This thread is a perfect example of faux outrage.

The lefties here know exactly what Stossel was saying.

What a bunch of crybabies we have as opponents on the left
:(

:lol: Right over your head. Yeah,way too much GE/MSNBC for you. Try to cut down on your viewing. And seriously,stay home on Election Day. Do it for the good of your Nation. Be a Patriot.

It would be nice if ALL Americans would inform themselves as much as we here at USMB do, and that goes for you as well RW.

At least you and I are engaged and actively 'trying' to learn what the issues are.

Credit to 'most' of us here at USMB. :clap2:

Not to be mistaken with the crybabies on the right. ;)

Man,do you ever stop parroting nonsensical & stale talking-points? Did you even watch Stossel's report? The whole thing went right over your head. It's not a rights issue. Seriously,lay off the MSNBC Wingnuttery.

Not to be mistaken with the crybabies on the right. ;)

2011-12-20174133.jpg

Forum List

Back