Iron Maiden is not in the Rock and Roll HOF

Flavor Flav is in there. Fucking Flavor Flav. Wtf people.

flavor-flav-300x300-2009-01-26.jpg

^^.........They induct this nitwit into the HOF.

Yet have given the legendary group "Deep Purple" the official snub every year.

What's up with that?? ...... :cuckoo:

Deep Purple are plagiarists. (see Hush, derived from Lennon's A Day in the Life)

Not nearly to the extent Zeppelin were though. Is that group of posers in the hall?
I mean, if Pete Rose, all time baseball hitter, can't get into his hall... the idiom is a joke.
what are you talking about Pogo?....Hush was written by Joe South and he is listed as the composer.....the song you are talking about is "Exposition/We Can Work It Out".....and Lennon/McCartney are listed in the credits....so where did they plagiarize?......

Iron Maiden = Unquestionable masters of triplets

Yup.

And hardly a shock that some dumb bitch like Pogo who's never seen a real rock show doesn't understand that. :badgrin:

I go back to... let's see... Cream, Airplane, et al. That's when I was a spectator, before the production daze.
You, punk?
Oh wait, that's right -- you weren't even alive yet. Silly me.

DUMBbuttheadDUMBbuttheadDUMBbuttheadDUMBbuttheadDUMBbuttheadDUMBbutthead
saw Cream in late 68 Pogo.....Spirit opened for them....Spirits bald headed drummer was already 45 years old....when he died in 2012 at the age of 89.....oldest guy in rock.....just a little tidbit for you.....

Cassidy, yup.
I think I saw them (some of that time being a blur) but not opening for Cream -- their opener for that show IIRC was Terry Reid. Which was as underwhelming as it sounds.

The DP song you mention is not the one I mean, it was "Hush". But you are correct, Joe South is the writer. But the ripoff is plain as day; I heard it immediately on first hearing. So Joe South should have been sued, while it's hard to believe DP weren't aware of what they were doing while recording it.

But now that you mention "Exposition" I gave it a listen and isn't this interesting -- it's ripped off directly from Beethoven's 7th Symphony. My dad used to play this on piano all the time -- second movement here (cue 11:45):

-- So it would appear DP were still plagiarists after all. :eusa_eh:

Yup.

And hardly a shock that some dumb bitch like Pogo who's never seen a real rock show doesn't understand that. :badgrin:

I go back to... let's see... Cream, Airplane, et al. That's when I was a spectator, before the production daze.
You, punk?

saw Cream in late 68 Pogo.....Spirit opened for them....Spirits bald headed drummer was already 45 years old....when he died in 2012 at the age of 89.....oldest guy in rock.....just a little tidbit for you.....

Cassidy, yup.
I think I saw them (some of that time being a blur) but not opening for Cream -- their opener for that show IIRC was Terry Reid. Which was as underwhelming as it sounds.

The DP song you mention is not the one I mean, it was "Hush". But you are correct, Joe South is the writer. But the ripoff is plain as day; I heard it immediately on first hearing. So Joe South should have been sued, while it's hard to believe DP weren't aware of what they were doing while recording it.

But now that you mention "Exposition" I gave it a listen and isn't this interesting -- it's ripped off directly from Beethoven's 7th Symphony. My dad used to play this on piano all the time -- second movement here (cue 11:45):

you dont plagiarize unless you are saying you wrote the song .....which they did not do.....or you dont give the true composer credit....they gave credit to the composers .......how did they "plagiarize"?.............

Yup.

You, punk?

Cassidy, yup.

you dont plagiarize unless you are saying you wrote the song .....which they did not do.....or you dont give the true composer credit....they gave credit to the composers .......how did they "plagiarize"?.............

I don't own the album but as far as I could determine from Wiki and such they claim to have written "Exposition" -- even though Beethoven had already written it.

Deep Purple are plagiarists. (see Hush, derived from Lennon's A Day in the Life)

Not nearly to the extent Zeppelin were though. Is that group of posers in the hall?
I mean, if Pete Rose, all time baseball hitter, can't get into his hall... the idiom is a joke.

His credentials as a player have never been questioned. It's not why he's not in the hall.

His credentials as a player have never been questioned. It's not why he's not in the hall.

Yeah I'm hip.

That's exactly why it's a joke.

Maybe cuz they're named after a torture device?

Shoulda gone with a flower. More hits.

I bumped into Pete Rose while he was setting up an appearance to sign autographs in Vegas. I walked into a sports memorabilia store for no other reason than it looked interesting and there he was. I freaked out. I felt like I was 12 years old again. I got to speak to him for over half an hour. I'll never forget it and the ball he signed (that I still had to pay $100 for) is atop my mantle as I type this.

Pete Rose should be in the Baseball Hall of Fame. He's on the same level as the greatest who have ever played. Babe Ruth would have wanted him on his team.

Iron Maiden > Pete Rose

mic-drop-charlie-murphy-o.gif

download.jpg

I bumped into Pete Rose while he was setting up an appearance to sign autographs in Vegas. I walked into a sports memorabilia store for no other reason than it looked interesting and there he was. I freaked out. I felt like I was 12 years old again. I got to speak to him for over half an hour. I'll never forget it and the ball he signed (that I still had to pay $100 for) is atop my mantle as I type this.
download.jpg

:thup:

Pete Rose should be in the Baseball Hall of Fame. He's on the same level as the greatest who have ever played. Babe Ruth would have wanted him on his team.
download.jpg

Iron Maiden > Pete Rose

download.jpg

:disbelief:

You sir, have crossed the line. :death:

Iron gallop gallop Maiden = Mario Mendoza. :p

download.jpg

download.jpg

Iron Maiden > Pete Rose

download.jpg

Person who knows about Mario Mendoza = too nerdy to judge whether Rose or Maiden deserves the HOF more :eek:

Yup.

You, punk?

Cassidy, yup.

I don't own the album but as far as I could determine from Wiki and such they claim to have written "Exposition" -- even though Beethoven had already written it.

come on Pogo....get your stuff right.....here is the listed writers on the record.....

Beethoven,Ritchie Blackmore,Nick Simper,Jon Lord,Ian Paice
Lennon–McCartney

The HOF is totally fucked. I was in Cleveland and had time to stop by there. I asked the guy at the entrance where I could find the Frank Zappa exhibit and he said "Who's Frank Zappa?"

Yup.

You, punk?

Cassidy, yup.

come on Pogo....get your stuff right.....here is the listed writers on the record.....

Beethoven,Ritchie Blackmore,Nick Simper,Jon Lord,Ian Paice
Lennon–McCartney

Well then somebody needs to change the Wiki page.

download.jpg

download.jpg

Iron Maiden > Pete Rose

download.jpg

Person who knows about Mario Mendoza = too nerdy to judge whether Rose or Maiden deserves the HOF more :eek:

Au contraire -- how else would we have the phrase "Mendoza line"?

And knowing both, I repeat -- Pete Rose had WAY more hits. And one might add, way more productive ones.

Forum List

Back