Ireland bans fracking

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras
Ireland joins France, Germany and Bulgaria in banning fracking

Hydraulic fracturing is set to be banned in Ireland after the Seanad passed legislation on Wednesday outlawing the practice.

The House supported a Private Members' Bill originally introduced in the Dáil by Fine Gael TD Tony McLoughlin.

The Petroleum and Other Minerals Development (Prohibition of Onshore Hydraulic Fracturing) Bill 2016 was passed in the Dáil two weeks ago, and now goes to the President for signature.

It is the first Private Members' Bill to be passed by both Houses during the lifetime of the minority Government, and will mean Ireland joins France, Germany and Bulgaria in banning the practice onshore.

What great news from the Republic.Hopefully more countries will follow suit. We will need to kick out our wicked conservative government in order to do so.

Hydraulic fracturing is nothing more than scraping the bottom of the barrel; no pun intended.

Folks we need to accelerate to full renewable sources of energy ; NOW!!!
:)-

Hydraulic fracturing is set to be banned in Ireland after the Seanad passed legislation on Wednesday outlawing the practice.

The House supported a Private Members' Bill originally introduced in the Dáil by Fine Gael TD Tony McLoughlin.

The Petroleum and Other Minerals Development (Prohibition of Onshore Hydraulic Fracturing) Bill 2016 was passed in the Dáil two weeks ago, and now goes to the President for signature.

It is the first Private Members' Bill to be passed by both Houses during the lifetime of the minority Government, and will mean Ireland joins France, Germany and Bulgaria in banning the practice onshore.

What great news from the Republic.Hopefully more countries will follow suit. We will need to kick out our wicked conservative government in order to do so.

What great news from the Republic.

Awesome!

Who needs cheap, clean energy?

Good on them. If I lived on an island, I wouldn't be keen on breaking apart the rocks that kept my socks dry. In Merica, Damn it, we have plenty of flyover country to retreat to.

At the current consumption rate, all the known oil reserves will be sucked up and burned within the next 30+/- years. When that time arrives, it will be pointless to debate the pro’s and con’s of renewables because that is all there will be; like it or not.

At the current consumption rate, all the known oil reserves will be sucked up and burned within the next 30+/- years. When that time arrives, it will be pointless to debate the pro’s and con’s of renewables because that is all there will be; like it or not.

It'll run out quicker if you leave it in the ground, eh?

So you don't like geothermal power generation? You enviro dumbasses are all the same. You think you are all so environmental friendly, but the reality is you do more damage with your idiotic ideas than you fix.

Well, those are the "known" reserves, eh?

Guess we'll just have to find more, wut wut?

Hardly. Peak oil has been predicted many times already. Unconventional oil and gas plays have opened up enormous reserves on every continent. Shale is now not only a source rock, but thanks to high angle wells and stacked fracs (lot's of them over a 500 to 1000 ft horizontal or near horizontal pay section) it is a reservoir rock now. It's totally changed the landscape.

If Europe wants to rely on Russian and Middle Eastern gas for their national security, that's their mistake to make.

You tell me

Hardly. Peak oil has been predicted many times already.
Unconventional oil and gas plays have opened up enormous reserves on every continent.
Please Oh wise One-- Tell me/us/we more--
[ Shale is now not only a source rock,
I have a mile of it under my house with the 20 acres & I also have the mineral rights.
Let's keep this between you and me.
care to make a deal; just between you and me-?
but thanks to high angle wells and stacked fracs (lot's of them over a 500 to 1000 ft horizontal or near horizontal pay section) it is a reservoir rock now. It's totally changed the landscape.
Again I have 20 acres sitting on the shale.
How can I contact you''?

Folks we need to accelerate to full renewable sources of energy

I agree ... if I get to turn the handle.

Hqk2g.jpg

Thats exciting news tommy...no really it is

Speaking of exciting things tommy, Did you watch the soccer game yesterday? was it yet another classic battle for field position? :abgg2q.jpg:...btw Mornin tommy :11_2_1043:

You tell me

Hardly. Peak oil has been predicted many times already.
Unconventional oil and gas plays have opened up enormous reserves on every continent.
Please Oh wise One-- Tell me/us/we more--
[ Shale is now not only a source rock,
I have a mile of it under my house with the 20 acres & I also have the mineral rights.
Let's keep this between you and me.
care to make a deal; just between you and me-?
but thanks to high angle wells and stacked fracs (lot's of them over a 500 to 1000 ft horizontal or near horizontal pay section) it is a reservoir rock now. It's totally changed the landscape.
Again I have 20 acres sitting on the shale.
How can I contact you''?
I’m not the one who ask the question who needs cheap clean energy. That was Todd. You fucked up.

Forum List

Back