Ireland bans fracking

So you don't like geothermal power generation? You enviro dumbasses are all the same.

The post just before your's (westwal ) stated-
"Hydraulic fracturing is set to be banned in Ireland after the Seanad passed legislation on Wednesday outlawing the practice."

westwall, the post you seem to be posting about didn't use the term "Hydraulic fracturing", The post was only talking about--"geothermal power generation"

But I do agree, this is a fractured topic, indeed :)-

Thats exciting news tommy...no really it is
date-O7/03/2019
time
Today, at +/- 8:00 PM, CST
Fox “NEWS” was talking about Hillary’s “e-mails”, way back then.,.,.,.

Sad, sad indeed

Feeding Trump’s nostalgic past memories, as if it were today~~~

Yes, Sad, sad indeed

:)-

Last edited:
Ireland joins France, Germany and Bulgaria in banning fracking

Hydraulic fracturing is set to be banned in Ireland after the Seanad passed legislation on Wednesday outlawing the practice.

The House supported a Private Members' Bill originally introduced in the Dáil by Fine Gael TD Tony McLoughlin.

The Petroleum and Other Minerals Development (Prohibition of Onshore Hydraulic Fracturing) Bill 2016 was passed in the Dáil two weeks ago, and now goes to the President for signature.

It is the first Private Members' Bill to be passed by both Houses during the lifetime of the minority Government, and will mean Ireland joins France, Germany and Bulgaria in banning the practice onshore.

What great news from the Republic.Hopefully more countries will follow suit. We will need to kick out our wicked conservative government in order to do so.

So you don't like geothermal power generation? You enviro dumbasses are all the same.

The post just before your's (westwal ) stated-
"Hydraulic fracturing is set to be banned in Ireland after the Seanad passed legislation on Wednesday outlawing the practice."

westwall, the post you seem to be posting about didn't use the term "Hydraulic fracturing", The post was only talking about--"geothermal power generation"

But I do agree, this is a fractured topic, indeed :)-

Fracking is an integral part of geothermal power generation.

I
Who needs cheap, clean energy?
At the current consumption rate, all the known oil reserves will be sucked up and burned within the next 30+/- years. When that time arrives, it will be pointless to debate the pro’s and con’s of renewables because that is all there will be; like it or not.

LOL... in the 70's it was going to be used up by the year 2000, if you drive by a home and see old solar panels on the roof, those are the folks who believed it.

Finally I understand your post. I understood fracking was a means to get more oil and gas. If this is used to access "hot" rock and using this steam to generate electricity then this is a new idea for me & I like it.
Correct me if I am still misunderstanding you meaning

Finally I understand your post. I understood fracking was a means to get more oil and gas. If this is used to access "hot" rock and using this steam to generate electricity then this is a new idea for me & I like it.
Correct me if I am still misunderstanding you meaning

Nope, you got it exactly right.

Forum List

Back