Iraqi Minorities Powerless in Face of Islamic State Advances

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
One wonders if things will ever settle down there once, hopefully, ISIS is destroyed. These people's ancestors have lived in the area for thousands and thousands of years, and perhaps in time they can go back and pick up the pieces of their lives.

August 13, 2014 4:45 PM

Islamist extremists raging their way across Syria and northwestern Iraq have forced Iraqi Christians and Yazidi minorities to flee areas where they have lived for thousands of years.

Thousands of Iraqi Christians, who in early August fled their villages in northwestern Iraq when militants from the Islamic State swept in, have flooded into Kurdistan. And many of them are not looking back.

Khalis Barbar, an Iraqi Christian who represents the Christian community from the ancient town of Ninevah, told VOA by phone from Irbil that despite help from officials and non-governmental organizations, their conditions are dire.

"Many of the people [are in] hotels and motels and others in schools, every family gets to live in a classroom, in one classroom, and many, many of them are living in gardens and in church," he said.

Continue reading at:

Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ISIS is known for its harsh interpretation of the Islamic faith and sharia law[63] and has a record of brutal violence,[54][63] which is directed at Shia Muslims and Christians in particular.[64] It has at least 4,000 fighters in its ranks in Iraq[65] who, in addition to attacks on government and military targets, have claimed responsibility for attacks that have killed thousands of civilians.

Your article shows that 150,000 fled ISIS. Now I don't know if the Wiki number of 4,000 is correct but it's a whole lot less than those fleeing.

Perhaps it's time to stop running and fight back...................

Even so, I do support bombing ISIS and humanitarian aid.

ISIS is known for its harsh interpretation of the Islamic faith and sharia law[63] and has a record of brutal violence,[54][63] which is directed at Shia Muslims and Christians in particular.[64] It has at least 4,000 fighters in its ranks in Iraq[65] who, in addition to attacks on government and military targets, have claimed responsibility for attacks that have killed thousands of civilians.

Your article shows that 150,000 fled ISIS. Now I don't know if the Wiki number of 4,000 is correct but it's a whole lot less than those fleeing.

I agree with you. I am glad that the Kurds are being armed. They are known as fierce fighters and they will fight back.

I agree with you. I am glad that the Kurds are being armed. They are known as fierce fighters and they will fight back.

That's the same thing I've heard. The Kurds will not back down. I have trouble with the fact that so many are running when they should be fighting back. The Kurds aren't included in that statement.

That's the same thing I've heard. The Kurds will not back down. I have trouble with the fact that so many are running when they should be fighting back. The Kurds aren't included in that statement.

France will now be giving the Kurds weapons.

France approves arms shipments to Kurds fighting Islamic State in Iraq - LA Times

for those who do not know----KURDS ----actually have a fair reputation for being -----very rough---but
FAIR MINDED people-----they are hill people-----which in the middle east often means people who RAN
FOR THE HILLS--------there are jewish kurds---or were-----in Iran, and Turkey----I am not sure about Syria and Iraq. There are or were Christian kurds. They tend to be into fighting as a survival technique-----SA ALADIN was a kurd------he was known (by JOHN THE LION HEARTED) to be a fair
minded person-------He conquered Jerusalem and played fair. He was also the guy who used
MAIMONIDES as his personal physician-----in Egypt -----and Maimonides was able to protect the
jewish community of Egypt at that time thru his relationship with the fair minded Kurd----SA ALADIN.
Sa aladin was not the typical muslim ----of his time-----or any time

If there is difficulty in getting all the Yasidis off the mountain and to somewhere safe, because of the presence of ISIS troops, why don't Obama and other country's presidents send in ground troops and obliterate ISIS 100% ? Isn't that what should be happening ? It's what is going to be needed to be done anyway. Sooner or later. Might as well do it now, before the lunatics get any stronger, and while we can liberate the Yasidis.

If there is difficulty in getting all the Yasidis off the mountain and to somewhere safe, because of the presence of ISIS troops, why don't Obama and other country's presidents send in ground troops and obliterate ISIS 100% ? Isn't that what should be happening ? It's what is going to be needed to be done anyway. Sooner or later. Might as well do it now, before the lunatics get any stronger, and while we can liberate the Yasidis.

Some of the parents have been cutting themselves and lets their children drink their blood to keep them alive.

Christian Iraqi children 'drinking their parents' BLOOD to stay alive' on Mount Sinjar | Conservative Infidel Conservative Infidel

Some of the parents have been cutting themselves and lets their children drink their blood to keep them alive.

Christian Iraqi children 'drinking their parents' BLOOD to stay alive' on Mount Sinjar | Conservative Infidel Conservative Infidel

Aris, that is one of the saddest things I have ever heard of.

Aris, that is one of the saddest things I have ever heard of.

They were desperate to keep their children alive. Parents will do anything for their children.

With their treatment of the Yazidis----we are seeing just how islam was PEACEFULLY spread
around in Africa----Asia and even into Europe. The Yazidis can save themselves ----ALL THEY
HAVE TO DO IS CONVERT TO ISLAM ------such has been the "answer" for survivial in the Levant for
the past 1400 years-------and ---YES-----lots of parents will DO IT FOR THEIR CHILDREN ------
the history of islam is being replayed in the hills of Northern Iraq.

We need to arm them as much as possible, and as quickly as possible.

We need to arm them as much as possible, and as quickly as possible.

Here is an article which you, Eagle and I will agree with the writer. The Kurds seem to be the ones to count on in this conflict.

The Kurds Are The US's Only Way Out Of Its Strategic Dilemmas In Iraq

The Kurds Are The US's best hope in Iraq - Business Insider

Forum List

Back