Iraqerloo

F

Fang Zar

Hi people,

I'm new here and I think I can provide an alternate voice.

The war on terrorism started well. Quick glory in Afghanistan, with a broad coalition, and no long drawn-out city wars.

Then the president of the United States made a mistake. He blurred the issue by invading Iraq. In doing so, he did the one thing that could hurt the War On Terrorism most. This was exactly what Al-Qaeda had been waiting for for ten years - now they were able to infiltrate the country, pose as Iraqis and start a guerilla. As a consequence, the coalition against terrorism is falling apart.

The war on terrorism was a good thing. But for the American administration to think they can wage a war for oil under the same guise is a little naieve...
How can Republicans support a lying president? I think it's time to change the guard. Let's get a new candidate for 04.

Curiously. Emannuel_Z, why did you re-register with another username? Were you tired of being ripped to shreds with your original username?

You've immediately been discredited now and have just lost all credibility.

"Let's get a new candidate"? Shit, you don't even live in the USA!

Your a dipshit.

Originally posted by Fang Zar
Hi people,

I'm new here and I think I can provide an alternate voice.

The war on terrorism started well. Quick glory in Afghanistan, with a broad coalition, and no long drawn-out city wars.

Then the president of the United States made a mistake. He blurred the issue by invading Iraq. In doing so, he did the one thing that could hurt the War On Terrorism most. This was exactly what Al-Qaeda had been waiting for for ten years - now they were able to infiltrate the country, pose as Iraqis and start a guerilla. As a consequence, the coalition against terrorism is falling apart.

The war on terrorism was a good thing. But for the American administration to think they can wage a war for oil under the same guise is a little naieve...
How can Republicans support a lying president? I think it's time to change the guard. Let's get a new candidate for 04.

Ok, it's that last paragraph. That doesn't work for me. It's the same tired war for oil, the lying President stuff. You have no proof of these two statements. They are supposition. You can't prove, probably ever, that Bush has lied, and the oil thing, that's not true either.

I can say that I don't totally agree with the Iraq War. I think this has been a huge mistake, but I just don't think it's possible to do what we are doing, and not have to pull-out cause there's just too many casualties in a non-war situation. It has blown up into a very bad idea.

I need someone to give me a good reason we did all this. Not the WMD, something else. To me there has to be more to it than that. I know Saddam was dangerous, and he would have caused many problems, but why did we have to invade his country? Couldn't we have bombed a couple places like Clinton, and then saw what happened? I can remember Muhamar Quadaffy (sp) being a huge threat at one time. Iddie Amin. (sp) Someone, please give me a good explanation, cause I have been on Bush's side for a very long time, and I don't like Kerry, but I still need answers.

The fact that I´m on the same computer doesn´t make me the same person, jimnyc.

Originally posted by Fang Zar
The fact that I´m on the same computer doesn´t make me the same person, jimnyc.

Don't try to downplay it. Same exact IP address is exactly the same computer. One of your 'friends' just happened to come across this board? Then you want to give off the impression that you live in the USA. You've been busted. You're an idiot. You're dismissed.

I need someone to give me a good reason we did all this. Not the WMD, something else.

Well, there are a few other reasons.

Saddam Hussein committed horrible atrocities against his people. After Gulf War I, the Iraqis begged the military to keep going to Baghdad, but we pulled out.

Saddam Hussein violated a dozen U.N. resolutions, basically laughing in their faces. The U.S. was simply enforcing a policy that they refused to. Food for oil comes to mind.

Of the rogue states that defied the will of the rest of the world, Iraq was the softest target, with a weak and cowardly army at best. After we took Iraq, Libya, Korea, and Iran all began to reform.

Originally posted by Tippy Toes
I need someone to give me a good reason we did all this. Not the WMD, something else. To me there has to be more to it than that. I know Saddam was dangerous, and he would have caused many problems, but why did we have to invade his country? Couldn't we have bombed a couple places like Clinton, and then saw what happened? I can remember Muhamar Quadaffy (sp) being a huge threat at one time. Iddie Amin. (sp) Someone, please give me a good explanation, cause I have been on Bush's side for a very long time, and I don't like Kerry, but I still need answers.

Okay. First of all, the WMD issue was big. Everyone thought he had them. He used them. He admitted to having them.

- He violated 17 war treaties.
- He invaded two countries.
- He used WMD.
- He sponsored Ansar al-Islam, a group with ties to al-Qaeda.
- He sponsored the MEK and PKK.
- He funded the PLFP.
- He funded Hamas, Hezbollah, and Islamic Jihad.
- He killed over 750,000 people.
- He gave shelter to Abu Nidal.
- He gave shelter to Abu Abbas.
- He gave shelter to al-Qaeda operative Abdul Yassin, one of the 1993 WTC attack plotters.
- He gave shelter to al-Qaeda mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.
- The UNSC, including nations that disagreed with us about the war, concluded he had WMD.
- He sponsored the ANO.

The guy was a threat.

Preemptying,

Quote:

Of the rogue states that defied the will of the rest of the world, Iraq was the softest target, with a weak and cowardly army at best. After we took Iraq, Libya, Korea, and Iran all began to reform.

That's the reason I was looking for. Thank you! I thought that might be the case,and it was a smart move, possibly brilliant.

I just get anxious, sorry.

Don't try to downplay it. Same exact IP address is exactly the same computer. One of your 'friends' just happened to come across this board? Then you want to give off the impression that you live in the USA. You've been busted. You're an idiot. You're dismissed.

yeah for those that don't know... in case you you don't want to be 'busted' like homeboy just was, make sure you are behind an IP blocker app or hardware, that use an app to reconfig your IP from time to time. i'm lucky enough to work from about half a dozen computers, at different sites, so i could get away with it if i wanted to. besides, i can guess there are many different people here with different usernames, INCLUDING THE MODERATORS. at least try to be covert about it :laugh:

Originally posted by spillmind
yeah for those that don't know... in case you you don't want to be 'busted' like homeboy just was, make sure you are behind an IP blocker app or hardware, that use an app to reconfig your IP from time to time. i'm lucky enough to work from about half a dozen computers, at different sites, so i could get away with it if i wanted to. besides, i can guess there are many different people here with different usernames, INCLUDING THE MODERATORS. at least try to be covert about it :laugh:

The difference between you and flamers is that you try to debate even though your facts are skewed. You give it a go though instead of just reciting rhetoric and running off.

The difference between you and flamers is that you try to debate even though your facts are skewed. You give it a go though instead of just reciting rhetoric and running off.

what the hell do you now? i'd like to hear jimnyc tell me that no moderators have other aliases. what do you know about tracking IPs? all you come at me with is just hate and negativity, but usually ZERO content. give a try sometime. it's not as easy as taking pop shots from the sidelines like you so love to do.

what the hell do you now? i'd like to hear jimnyc tell me that no moderators have other aliases. what do you know about tracking IPs? all you come at me with is just hate and negativity, but usually ZERO content. give a try sometime. it's not as easy as taking pop shots from the sidelines like you so love to do.

Funny i can repeat this whole thing about you to me.

Not one moderator on this board has more than one username. NOT A SINGLE ONE. Not unless they are extremely covert about it.

Integrity invalidates the need for hiding the IP.

If anyone wants to jump on the "security" bandwagon, having a sufficient firewall is an easy enough fix.

why in the world would I need a second alias?

In fact, I've supported you and slammed you with this very ID.

I highly doubt you could get away with it, Spilly. Unless of course you decided to come back and post like a civil human being without using an emoticon at the end of every other sentence.

If you're so smart, and you're convinced any moderators have multiple aliases - point out to me the usernames and I will be happy to prove you wrong. If you can't do this, then just shut the fuck up already.

If you're so smart, and you're convinced any moderators have multiple aliases - point out to me the usernames and I will be happy to prove you wrong. If you can't do this, then just shut the fuck up already.
boy, nothing like a friday night venting session? who's to say night train isn't Merlin1047 nowadays? honestly, i could care less who's who. we've all got our own voice, and as (not so) NewGuy points out, we all could really block our IPs if we really wanted to. i couldn't get away with it unless i posted with a different way of being. on the network side, i'd have no prob. and personally, i LIKE being me. (here's your token emoticon) :D
:laugh:

boy, nothing like a friday night venting session? who's to say night train isn't Merlin1047 nowadays?

Because I keep in contact with Nighttrain. I know why he's rarely here anymore and I know what he's all about. I know where he lives, and it's not even on the US mainland. I know where merlin posts from and I know it's not a proxy server (yes, there are easy ways to find out if someone if posting from a proxy or not). So unless NT wanted to give up his mod status and travel thousands of miles away to post, or pay exorbitant fees to dial into an ISP over 3,000 miles away, they are not one and the same.

You may not agree with NT, but he's got more integrity than just about everyone on this board. I hardly think he would come back with a different alias just to bust someone's chops when he was doing a damn good job of that with his original ID.

Forum List

Back