Iran: We Can Hit 35 US Bases in 'Minutes'

If done right it would be a stabilization move in the ME. After Hussien jr falls in Syria.

Can you say military dictatorship in pan alliance with the US and the UN?
Bush stated that the fall of Sadam would cause a domino efect in th ME !!

Did Bush predict he would crash the American economy as well?

The worst mistake George Bush made was in thinking that the people in the middle east wanted democracy to be a free people.

Truthseeker420, yidnar, Moonglow, et al,

Interesting views!

If done right it would be a stabilization move in the ME. After Hussien jr falls in Syria.

Can you say military dictatorship in pan alliance with the US and the UN?

(COMMENT)

Moonglow might be correct. If a regime change occurs (just right) in Syria, it very well may add some stability to the region. But there is really no reason to believe, at this point, that the regime will fall; or, that if it falls, that the Syrians will ge any better at forming a reasonable government than the Palestinians (HAMAS, a terrorist group elected) or Egypt (a new Government associated with the Muslim Brotherhood - another terrorist group). And the regional terrorist groups are notoriously anti-Israeli in their very nature.

So, is there a reasonable expectation of a "positive" domino effect in regime change?

The Bush Administration, pushed by the Project for a New American Century (PNAC), may have predicted a series of regime changes, but I doubt they predicted that the indigenous populations would endorse terrorist organizations and/or Islamist leaders.

No, I wouldn't give the Administration much credit for forward thinking; at least until we see a "positive" regime change.

Most Respectfully,
R

Right....And what do they do after a thorough and professional counter-attack, with precision guided ordinance rammed up their asses?

Not that I'm necessarily for such a thing, but who do those little goat fuckers think that they're dealing with?

who says we'd be counter attacking? and if so, what of the counter counter attack?
You cut loose the ACC and carrier forces, there won't be no counter-counter attack.

Diplomacy hasn't seemed to work...Sanctions haven't worked (they never do)...

How 'bout a president with some spine go out and just laugh in their faces?

It seems the sanctions are working, that is why the threats from Iran are increasing. Iran is playing the game of Brinkmanship, I doubt the worlds oil consuming nations will blink.

Interesting views!

(COMMENT)

Moonglow might be correct. If a regime change occurs (just right) in Syria, it very well may add some stability to the region. But there is really no reason to believe, at this point, that the regime will fall; or, that if it falls, that the Syrians will ge any better at forming a reasonable government than the Palestinians (HAMAS, a terrorist group elected) or Egypt (a new Government associated with the Muslim Brotherhood - another terrorist group). And the regional terrorist groups are notoriously anti-Israeli in their very nature.

So, is there a reasonable expectation of a "positive" domino effect in regime change?

The Bush Administration, pushed by the Project for a New American Century (PNAC), may have predicted a series of regime changes, but I doubt they predicted that the indigenous populations would endorse terrorist organizations and/or Islamist leaders.

No, I wouldn't give the Administration much credit for forward thinking; at least until we see a "positive" regime change.

Most Respectfully,
R

The Muslim Brotherhood is not winning in Libya, at least for now.

who says we'd be counter attacking? and if so, what of the counter counter attack?
You cut loose the ACC and carrier forces, there won't be no counter-counter attack.

Diplomacy hasn't seemed to work...Sanctions haven't worked (they never do)...

How 'bout a president with some spine go out and just laugh in their faces?

It seems the sanctions are working, that is why the threats from Iran are increasing. Iran is playing the game of Brinkmanship, I doubt the worlds oil consuming nations will blink.

you apparently aren't aware that Irans top 15 or so trading partners have been given exemptions that equal in some cases 40% of their import export exchange with Iran........and we have seen this 2 step before, so many times is a joke now.

aside from that, there is nothing that will force the mullahs to stop investing in assembling working nukes, period.

images

Sanctions in Iran backfired. The people are suffering but believe that the way out of sanctions is to develop nuclear bombs as soon as possible. Defeat Israel and the United States and the sanctions will be over. The more sanctions, the harder the country works to accelerate development and building bombs and delivery systems.

The stores are empty. They will be filled as soon as Iranian bombs start dropping.

Sanctions in Iran backfired. The people are suffering but believe that the way out of sanctions is to develop nuclear bombs as soon as possible.

What proof do you have that "the people" there believe that? Link?

High_Gravity, Truthseeker420, yidnar, Moonglow, et al,

High_Gravity makes a valid point.

Interesting views!

(COMMENT)

(COMMENT)

While the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) doesn't want to admit defeat, the election of the National Forces Alliance (NFA) is a good sign (so far).

The NFA is all about rebuilding the nation and the infrastructure. If they stick to that principle, Libya may just land on its feet. But I think we have to wait and see if such a large coalition can actually function.

Most Respectfully,
R

High_Gravity, Truthseeker420, yidnar, Moonglow, et al,

High_Gravity makes a valid point.

Interesting views!

(COMMENT)

(COMMENT)

While the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) doesn't want to admit defeat, the election of the National Forces Alliance (NFA) is a good sign (so far).

The NFA is all about rebuilding the nation and the infrastructure. If they stick to that principle, Libya may just land on its feet. But I think we have to wait and see if such a large coalition can actually function.

Most Respectfully,
R

Libya is a different country than much of the Middle East, in most Islamic countries groups like the Muslim Brotherhood are allowed to exist and recruit members, so when the governments of those countries fall they can easily swoop in and take control. Libya has a pretty small population around 6 million people I think and Gaddafi never tolerated any Islamic groups during his rule, they were all either imprisoned or run out of the country, so the everyday Libyan doesn't really have any ties with the Muslim Brotherhood like people in Egypt do, Mubarak outlawed the Brotherhood but they still existed and were a familiar face for many Egyptians, Libya not so much.

Right....And what do they do after a thorough and professional counter-attack, with precision guided ordinance rammed up their asses?

Not that I'm necessarily for such a thing, but who do those little goat fuckers think that they're dealing with?

You don't really believe we wouldn't counter attack, do you?

My guess is we'd be attacking. and the response would not come right away. you know what blowback is right?

My guess is we'd be attacking. and the response would not come right away. you know what blowback is right?

If Iran killed US troops or at least US citizens on a base, I'm pretty sure the response would be about as quick as possible, considering I'm quite sure we already have the war plans drawn up at the ready.

Forum List

Back