Iran to close Strait of Hormuz

Of course they are.

They aren't capable of winning all out war, but that's not their concern.

What makes you think they aren't concerned about war? That's just an example of demonizing "the other". If there is war, I lay it at the feet of clueless people spouting off stupid crap. Just because Imadinnerjacket is an a--hole, doesn't mean we have to follow suit.

Certainly there are a few dissidents in Iran who are realists. The leadership believes that they have a mandate from allah to start nuclear war. Winning isn't on the radar, just start the chaos. That's the the basis of the Mahdeic cult. When Iran starts their war, of whatever kind it is, what the people want will count for very little.

If obama makes the wrong decision, and he undoubtably will, there is nothing that will save his presidency.

i think you're making the same mistake the mullah's are. I have a little more respect for the Iranian people than you or they do, I guess. I don't believe your scare stories. If we go to war it won't be Obama's fault, but those who pound the war drums both here and there.

Surely you jest

And why would I jest?

I have no doubt that our troops can do amazing things. I just am questioning the government's willingness to support them.

Our government is corrupt. Assuming we are unbeatable is foolish.

And, you are right.

This government has shown a remarkable unwillingness to support the military.
You really don't have a clue, do you? But for the sake of argument, what evidence, hard evidence, do you have about this government's "remarkable unwillingness to support the military"?

Obama better hop off his high horse and get that pipeline built. Things are going to get very hairy over there.

And why would I jest?

I have no doubt that our troops can do amazing things. I just am questioning the government's willingness to support them.

Our government is corrupt. Assuming we are unbeatable is foolish.

And, you are right.

This government has shown a remarkable unwillingness to support the military.
You really don't have a clue, do you? But for the sake of argument, what evidence, hard evidence, do you have about this government's "remarkable unwillingness to support the military"?

The changes made in the Rules of Engagement for one thing.

What makes you think they aren't concerned about war? That's just an example of demonizing "the other". If there is war, I lay it at the feet of clueless people spouting off stupid crap. Just because Imadinnerjacket is an a--hole, doesn't mean we have to follow suit.

Certainly there are a few dissidents in Iran who are realists. The leadership believes that they have a mandate from allah to start nuclear war. Winning isn't on the radar, just start the chaos. That's the the basis of the Mahdeic cult. When Iran starts their war, of whatever kind it is, what the people want will count for very little.

If obama makes the wrong decision, and he undoubtably will, there is nothing that will save his presidency.

i think you're making the same mistake the mullah's are. I have a little more respect for the Iranian people than you or they do, I guess. I don't believe your scare stories. If we go to war it won't be Obama's fault, but those who pound the war drums both here and there.

For the sake of argument. The Iranian people do not support the Mullahs or Ayatollahs.

What has been the result so far?

Either you are wrong and the Iranian muslims revere the Mullahs or the people are impotent to do anything about them.

Obama better cancel that Hawaiian Vacation and get on with building that pipeline. Shit's about to hit the fan over in the Middle East. Time is running out.

what would Saudi Arabia's position be should the strait be closed?

Not to happy.. even if Israel were to take out Iran's nukes, the Saudis would pitch a fit, but inside they'd be tickled pink over it... there's no love lost between the Arabs and the Persians.

That's probably who is egging this whole thing on. There's little doubt they created the conditions that made the Iraq invasion possible.

They are using the United States as a proxy to forward their agenda.

It's all about the cash. Iran will not close the Strait of Hormuz. They're just flexing their muscles. They make way too much money to close it. It's not gonna happen unless they are attacked.

Israel will play the offensive. Saudi is forced to a allow US access as we have bases there. But will Saudi expend resources and be transparent if there were a conflict? Doubt it.

This could get interesting. However, it isn't new.

I don't think they will like it, if the Iranians go through with this it will effect all the players in the region.

They won't like it, but will they join forces to change it?

ETA: Saudi Arabia funded 30'ish billion of the gulf war so they are certainly capable.

Last edited:

I don't think they will like it, if the Iranians go through with this it will effect all the players in the region.

Probably not Militarily but logistically and other ways I would say yes, we could have never invaded Iraq in 2003 without Saudi approval and support. Plus right now, the Saudis have no love for the Iranians.

Probably not Militarily but logistically and other ways I would say yes, we could have never invaded Iraq in 2003 without Saudi approval and support. Plus right now, the Saudis have no love for the Iranians.

'Tis true there is no love loss. I was just curious what others thought. Thanks.

Forum List

Back