Iran--puppet master? US has 'proof' of Irans help in the insurgent community

Saddam was a terrorist who needed to taken out

To libs he was a kind dictator who was minding his own business and was only slaughtering his own people - no threat to anyone else but those in his own country

saddam was not a threat to us.... we have more pressing enemies and we let them get away.

saddam was not a threat to us.... we have more pressing enemies and we let them get away.

Saddam was giving a one finger salute to your beloved UN, his military was firing on US aircraft on a dialy basis, he did have WMD's (they went to Syria) and had links to terrorist groups

I laugh when libs say we are not looking for OBL - tell that to the men and women in Afghanistan and the covert operations the US may have in Pakastain

In fact the kook left kept bellowing how OBL would be caught before the last midterm election

Saddam was giving a one finger salute to your beloved UN, his military was firing on US aircraft on a dialy basis, he did have WMD's (they went to Syria) and had links to terrorist groups

I laugh when libs say we are not looking for OBL - tell that to the men and women in Afghanistan and the covert operations the US may have in Pakastain

In fact the kook left kept bellowing how OBL would be caught before the last midterm election

"they went to syria" is just another tinfoil hat line of bullshit - totally unsupported by any non-partisan sources .... and let me ask you something...did he ever HIT any US aircraft? If he fires a popgun in the air at jet aircraft flying outside the range of the popgun, is that really anything we needed to get all bent out of shape over? his "firing on our aircraft" was done, not to hit one, but to impress his people....and he was NOT providing any assistance to the terrorists that were after us.

"they went to syria" is just another tinfoil hat line of bullshit - totally unsupported by any non-partisan sources .... and let me ask you something...did he ever HIT any US aircraft? If he fires a popgun in the air at jet aircraft flying outside the range of the popgun, is that really anything we needed to get all bent out of shape over? his "firing on our aircraft" was done, not to hit one, but to impress his people....and he was NOT providing any assistance to the terrorists that were after us.

Yes your "concern" for the troops is showing once again

The links to Saddam and terrorists are numerous

Yes your "concern" for the troops is showing once again

The links to Saddam and terrorists are numerous
hey...I knew guys who flew those CAP missions... they all said that the AA attacks by Iraqi forces were a fucking joke...

and Saddam's links to terrorists is not in question.... no one is suggesting that he was not supporting palestinian nationalist terror organizations.... as well as every other Islamic government in the middle east was.... Saddam was NOT supporting the brand of terrorists that were a threat to America....because those same terrorists were a threat to him as well.

hey...I knew guys who flew those CAP missions... they all said that the AA attacks by Iraqi forces were a fucking joke...

and Saddam's links to terrorists is not in question.... no one is suggesting that he was not supporting palestinian nationalist terror organizations.... as well as every other Islamic government in the middle east was.... Saddam was NOT supporting the brand of terrorists that were a threat to America....because those same terrorists were a threat to him as well.

So if somebody shoots at you and misses, it is OK?

More Connections
Two new members of the Iraqi interim government insist that Saddam and al Qaeda were linked.
by Stephen F. Hayes
06/03/2004 8:15:00 AM

On the face of it, this is not a controversial statement. It comes from a CNN interview of Iyad Allawi, recently chosen as the interim prime minister of Iraq. Allawi expanded on this assessment in a December 31, 2003, interview with CNN's Bill Hemmer, when he estimated that more than 1,000 al Qaeda terrorists were operating in Iraq. But his more interesting comment came moments later. The al Qaeda fighters, he said,

were present in Iraq, they came and they were active in Iraq before the war of liberation. They were inflicting a lot of problems on the--and inflaming the situation in northern Iraq, in Iraq Kurdistan. They killed once about a year and a half ago 42 worshipers in one of the mosques in Harachi [ph] in a very ugly way.

Again, on the surface, this was not a particularly revealing statement. After all, Colin Powell told the United Nations Security Council that al Qaeda was operating in Iraq--almost certainly with the knowledge and approval of the Iraqi regime--before the war. CIA Director George Tenet has testified to the presence of al Qaeda in Iraq on several occasions. Allawi went on:

Those people have had the backing of Saddam prior to liberation, and they remained in Iraq after the collapse, and after the vacuum was created. After the way, they remained in Iraq. Many joined them since then.

Allawi's declaration that the Iraqi regime supported al Qaeda terrorists before the war in Iraq is intriguing
not because of the claim itself, but because of the man making it. Allawi for years ran an Iraqi exile group called the Iraqi National Accord. In recent years, he was the Iraqi exile closest to the CIA. And although George Tenet has spoken repeatedly about the prewar Iraq-al Qaeda connection, he has been at odds with many in the bureaucracy beneath him.

Allawi's claims about the Iraq-al Qaeda connection--claims he has made for several years--have not always been solid. In December, Allawi provided journalists with a document indicating that September 11 hijacker Mohammed Atta trained in Iraq weeks before the 9/11 hijackings. That same three-page document also claimed that Iraq had--as President Bush claimed in his State of the Union Address--sought uranium from Niger. The report was a bit too politically convenient and was quickly dismissed as a forgery.

But Allawi isn't the only prominent member of the new Iraqi government to have suggested Iraq-al Qaeda connections. His deputy, Barham Salih, has also repeatedly alleged that Saddam's regime supported Ansar al Islam, al Qaeda-linked Islamists in Kurdistan. "Yes, they hate each other, but they're very utilitarian," said Salih. "Saddam Hussein, a secular infidel to many jihadists, had no problem giving money to Hamas. This debate [about whether Saddam worked with al Qaeda] is stupid. The proof is there."

ABC News' outstanding Pentagon reporter, Martha Raddatz, also reported on the Iraq-al Qaeda connection last week. But her May 25, 2004, report on Abu Musab al Zarqawi, an al Qaeda associate who joined forces with Ansar al Islam terrorists, buried an important detail. "In late 2002, officials say, Zarqawi began establishing sleeper cells in Baghdad and acquiring weapons from Iraqi Intelligence officials." (emphasis added).

Stephen F. Hayes is a staff writer at The Weekly Standard and author of The Connection: How al Qaeda's Collaboration with Saddam Hussein has Endangered America (HarperCollins

I never said it was OK.... just that our pilots were never in any real danger...at least they never thought so....

and Steven Hayes is a hack quoting long discredited American pawn Allawi ...old news, long ago discredited.

I never said it was OK.... just that our pilots were never in any real danger...at least they never thought so....

and Steven Hayes is a hack quoting long discredited American pawn Allawi ...old news, long ago discredited.

So if they miss - no big deal?

Mr Hayes is showing all the left's talking points are lies. To you that makes him a hack

So if they miss - no big deal?

Mr Hayes is showing all the left's talking points are lies. To you that makes him a hack

If I shoot a BB gun at an elephant that is out of range, is the elephant ever in any real danger?

and you are showing a quote from a Hayes article where his source is Allawi.... are you aware of how he has fallen out of favor and how he is not believed, even by the administration? he is two years out of the news and you bring it up now as if it is some big revelation.

If I shoot a BB gun at an elephant that is out of range, is the elephant ever in any real danger?

and you are showing a quote from a Hayes article where his source is Allawi.... are you aware of how he has fallen out of favor and how he is not believed, even by the administration? he is two years out of the news and you bring it up now as if it is some big revelation.

so firing a surface to air rocket at our aircraft is no big deal? Please shift your "support" to the enemy and that would be of some help

Hayes has uncovered alot of truth about Saddam and his links to terrorists

If you saw a video of the weapons being shipped to Syria - you would snear it was made at a sound stage in the White House basement and Karl Rove was the director

Only libs would actually believe Saddam went to war with the US over weapons he had already disposed because the UN asked him to

Ya wanna post a link to that video?

so firing a surface to air rocket at our aircraft is no big deal? Please shift your "support" to the enemy and that would be of some help

Hayes has uncovered alot of truth about Saddam and his links to terrorists

It would seem that there is more evidence, recently uncovered, of Bush administration support for Al Qaeda sympathizers in Lebanon than there is of Saddam Hussein's mythical support for Al Qaeda.

<center><a href=http://www.newyorker.com/printables/fact/070305fa_fact_hersh>The Redirection</a></center>

Ya wanna post a link to that video?

U.S. intel: WMD went to Syria last year
Evidence includes satellite photographs of Iraqi convoys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: January 30, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: WorldNetDaily brings readers exclusive, up-to-the-minute global intelligence news and analysis from Geostrategy-Direct, a new online newsletter edited by veteran journalist Robert Morton and featuring the "Backgrounder" column compiled by Bill Gertz. Geostrategy-Direct is a subscription-based service produced by the publishers of WorldTribune.com, a free news service frequently linked by the editors of WorldNetDaily.

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

The U.S. intelligence community has found evidence Syria received Iraqi missiles and WMD in late 2002 and early 2003, U.S. officials said, according to Geostrategy-Direct, the global intelligence news service.

The evidence includes satellite photographs of Iraqi convoys believed to be bringing missiles and WMD into Syria as well as assertions from Iraqi officials that ousted leader Saddam Hussein ordered such a transfer.

Still, the agencies fail to agree that sufficient evidence has been obtained to press the issue with the Syrian regime of President Bashar Assad.

Importantly, CIA Director George Tenet shares this view, officials said.

As a result, the Bush administration and senior members of Congress have reached different conclusions over whether Syria obtained Iraqi WMD. The administration has determined the intelligence evidence remains insufficient, while senior staffers and members of Congress said the evidence is enough to press Syria to open its facilities to inspection.

"I think that there is some concern that shipments of WMD went to Syria," Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Pat Roberts, R-Kan., said.

David Kay, who resigned last week from the CIA-sponsored Iraq Survey Group, went further. Kay said Iraqi officials told his investigators that WMD was sent to Syria before the war in Iraq.

"We are not talking about a large stockpile of weapons," Kay told the London Daily Telegraph. "But we know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of Saddam's WMD program. Precisely what went to Syria, and what has happened to it, is a major issue that needs to be resolved."

In his State of the Union address on Jan. 20, President George W. Bush did not identify Syria as a U.S. adversary or a country having missiles and WMD programs. The president did cite Iran and North Korea, both of which have supplied systems to Damascus.

In December, Bush signed into law the Syria Accountability Act. The law calls for a virtual trade embargo on Syria for its occupation of Lebanon, WMD program and harboring of terrorist groups.

But Vice President Dick Cheney said Iraq had assembled WMD on portable platforms, a development that would have enabled the transfer of assets to other parts in or outside the country. In an interview with National Public Radio, Cheney did not cite Syria as receiving weapons from Saddam.

"We've found a couple of semi-trailers at this point, which we believe were in fact part of a [WMD] program," Cheney said. "I would deem that conclusive evidence, if you will, that he did in fact have programs for weapons of mass destruction."

So far, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice and Secretary of State Colin Powell have rejected the prospect that Iraqi biological and chemical weapons or missiles were sent to Syria. They echoed U.S. assessments that Saddam would not have trusted Assad with Iraq's missile and WMD assets.

"I have seen no hard evidence to suggest that is the case, that suddenly there were no weapons found in Iraq because they were all in Syria," Powell said. "I don't know why the Syrians would do that, frankly, why it would be in their interest. They didn't have that kind of relationship with Iraq."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36844

three year old article... already discredited by 9/11 commission and senate intelligence committee.

ho hum....

more ancient cut and paste from the guy without words of his own.

U.S. intel: WMD went to Syria last year
Evidence includes satellite photographs of Iraqi convoys

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: January 30, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

Editor's note: WorldNetDaily brings readers exclusive, up-to-the-minute global intelligence news and analysis from Geostrategy-Direct, a new online newsletter edited by veteran journalist Robert Morton and featuring the "Backgrounder" column compiled by Bill Gertz. Geostrategy-Direct is a subscription-based service produced by the publishers of WorldTribune.com, a free news service frequently linked by the editors of WorldNetDaily.

&#169; 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

The U.S. intelligence community has found evidence Syria received Iraqi missiles and WMD in late 2002 and early 2003, U.S. officials said, according to Geostrategy-Direct, the global intelligence news service.

The evidence includes satellite photographs of Iraqi convoys believed to be bringing missiles and WMD into Syria as well as assertions from Iraqi officials that ousted leader Saddam Hussein ordered such a transfer.

Still, the agencies fail to agree that sufficient evidence has been obtained to press the issue with the Syrian regime of President Bashar Assad.

Importantly, CIA Director George Tenet shares this view, officials said.

As a result, the Bush administration and senior members of Congress have reached different conclusions over whether Syria obtained Iraqi WMD. The administration has determined the intelligence evidence remains insufficient, while senior staffers and members of Congress said the evidence is enough to press Syria to open its facilities to inspection.

"I think that there is some concern that shipments of WMD went to Syria," Senate Intelligence Committee Chairman Pat Roberts, R-Kan., said.

David Kay, who resigned last week from the CIA-sponsored Iraq Survey Group, went further. Kay said Iraqi officials told his investigators that WMD was sent to Syria before the war in Iraq.

"We are not talking about a large stockpile of weapons," Kay told the London Daily Telegraph. "But we know from some of the interrogations of former Iraqi officials that a lot of material went to Syria before the war, including some components of Saddam's WMD program. Precisely what went to Syria, and what has happened to it, is a major issue that needs to be resolved."

In his State of the Union address on Jan. 20, President George W. Bush did not identify Syria as a U.S. adversary or a country having missiles and WMD programs. The president did cite Iran and North Korea, both of which have supplied systems to Damascus.

In December, Bush signed into law the Syria Accountability Act. The law calls for a virtual trade embargo on Syria for its occupation of Lebanon, WMD program and harboring of terrorist groups.

But Vice President Dick Cheney said Iraq had assembled WMD on portable platforms, a development that would have enabled the transfer of assets to other parts in or outside the country. In an interview with National Public Radio, Cheney did not cite Syria as receiving weapons from Saddam.

"We've found a couple of semi-trailers at this point, which we believe were in fact part of a [WMD] program," Cheney said. "I would deem that conclusive evidence, if you will, that he did in fact have programs for weapons of mass destruction."

So far, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice and Secretary of State Colin Powell have rejected the prospect that Iraqi biological and chemical weapons or missiles were sent to Syria. They echoed U.S. assessments that Saddam would not have trusted Assad with Iraq's missile and WMD assets.

"I have seen no hard evidence to suggest that is the case, that suddenly there were no weapons found in Iraq because they were all in Syria," Powell said. "I don't know why the Syrians would do that, frankly, why it would be in their interest. They didn't have that kind of relationship with Iraq."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36844

Betrayed, in the end, by your own source. You really should read these things more closely.

<blockquote>"<b>So far, National Security Adviser Condoleezza Rice and Secretary of State Colin Powell have rejected the prospect that Iraqi biological and chemical weapons or missiles were sent to Syria. They echoed U.S. assessments that Saddam would not have trusted Assad with Iraq's missile and WMD assets. I have seen no hard evidence to suggest that is the case, that suddenly there were no weapons found in Iraq because they were all in Syria," Powell said. "I don't know why the Syrians would do that, frankly, why it would be in their interest. They didn't have that kind of relationship with Iraq.</b>" </blockquote>

No CREDIBLE evidence has been found ANYWHERE to suggest that Iraq transferred it's WMD's and technology <i>en masse</i> to Syria. And, I was asking for a link to the <b>VIDEO</b> of such transfers. Your grade just went from a "C" to a "D".

Betrayed, in the end, by your own source.

<blockquote>"<b>I have seen no hard evidence to suggest that is the case, that suddenly there were no weapons found in Iraq because they were all in Syria," Powell said. "I don't know why the Syrians would do that, frankly, why it would be in their interest. They didn't have that kind of relationship with Iraq.</b>" </blockquote>

No CREDIBLE evidence has been found ANYWHERE to suggest that Iraq transferred it's WMD's and technology <i>en masse</i> to Syria. And, I was asking for a link to the <b>VIDEO</b> of such transfers. Your grade just went from a "C" to a "D".

To BP, if Air america or Keith Liberalman does not mention it, it never happened

The evidence is there for all to see - execpt those blinded by their hate and rage for Pres Bush

That is no answer. You're reaching now. You're out of ideas. Using old and discredited information, then dodging the issue, is a sad and pathetic attempt to muddy the waters and avoid discussing the issues. Congratulations, you've mastered that noxious art form.

As for hating Bush...He's not worth the effort.

Forum List

Back