The Iraqi and Fallujan Police

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Those embeds are reporting what isn't being reported in the media. Before some shake their heads, read the good and bad:

http://www.indcjournal.com/archives/002942.php

Here's a bit, from the middle of the piece:

2. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    The original intent of the UN resolutions, and the US/British/coalition action was to enforce WMD compliance, wasn't it?

What did that have to do with disbanding the army, changing the government, shutting down newspapers, rewriting the laws, and kicking in people's doors?

3. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Intel told the allied forces long before this war ever happened that it would face having to deal with urban warfare. It was highly successful at catching known terror subjects and wanted saddam members. Since I wasn't in country I have to believe it was part of the job at that time. I take what the media puts out and dismiss about 75% of it as rhetoric. And about disarming the army and starting over was to retrain forces and to mentally re-group that is a practice used for thousands of years.
    Iraq was just waiting to boil over before we went in there and if you watched the news you'd also know the very same thing was done in Bosnia with regards to news and TV and radio stations.

4. Gurdari

Gurdari Egaliterra

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Point 1 - so what if shitty behavior has existed for thousands of years. Disbanding the army, and rewriting laws is not America's right. Is it?

Point 2 - So what if it was about to boil over? Not that I agree it was, what does that have to do with WMD, UN resolutions, and invasion?
    It was gonna be a hell-hole anyway, so who cares if mess it up?