Iran court sentences two US hikers to 8 years

When Ahmanutjob comes to New York , we should hold him in Rikers until Iran releases the detainees.

I agree 100% that it's a horrible price to pay for stupidity. This news put me in mind of a few of those idiots that ended up in Gitmo by attending 'study camps' in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I hope the US and UN can find a way to apply pressure on Iran to release these boys.

I agree 100% that it's a horrible price to pay for stupidity. This news put me in mind of a few of those idiots that ended up in Gitmo by attending 'study camps' in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I hope the US and UN can find a way to apply pressure on Iran to release these boys.

Why? We have lots more pressing problems to concentrate on that 2 stuipd guys.

i'm having a hard time working up sympathy for these people.

go figure

I'm having a hard time working up credence for this post because everybody knows that del is best known for his raging sympathy.

go figure

i'm having a hard time working up sympathy for these people

go figure

Why? I have a hiking trip to Libya planned for next month. I don't see any possible dangers involved, but it would be nice to know that in the extremely rare event that something goes wrong, I'll have sympathy and support from my countrymen.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

go figure

Why? I have a hiking trip to Libya planned for next month. I don't see any possible dangers involved, but it would be nice to know that in the extremely rare event that something goes wrong, I'll have sympathy and support from my countrymen.
If you're dumb enough to go hiking in a war zone populated hugely by Jihadi types, and they snatch your ass, you'll get no sympathy from me. I'll just file you away in the ignorant dumbass section, and shred the file.

:cool:

When Ahmanutjob comes to New York , we should hold him in Rikers until Iran releases the detainees.

Can we be sure, that these 2 men are really civilians?
The Iranians accuse them of espionage.

Can we be sure, that these 2 men are really civilians?
The Iranians accuse them of espionage.
They are civilian dumbasses, nothing more.

If civilians go to Iraq/Afghanistan they go there either for NGO-reconstruction or business-related. And their activity will be limited to this purpose.
I don't think, that sane "civilians" go to Iraq and hike on the Iraqi-Iranian border.

Therefore, the accusation of espionage sounds convincing for me.

go figure

If you're dumb enough to go hiking in a war zone populated hugely by Jihadi types, and they snatch your ass, you'll get no sympathy from me. I'll just file you away in the ignorant dumbass section, and shred the file.

I'm just going to assume you actually did recognize my obvious sarcasm and were just being sarcastic back.

I'm just going to assume you actually did recognize my obvious sarcasm and were just being sarcastic back.
Gee, ya' think?

I feel bad for them too. They've already paid a steep price for their stupidity... but they are alive, and frankly it's a miracle. As others have said, it's difficult to have sympathy for people stupid enough to go hiking in a war zone, without a map, a compass, or a shred of common sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

go figure

with you, it's different.

go for it; i'm here for you. :cool:

Forum List

Back