Iowa Republican ready to take up arms against her country

the question is when does she see 'defense' with a gun as necessary?
When would you, is even a simpler question.
i suppose in the absolute collapse of the country, when we no longer have recourse at the ballot box or in the courts, and when my life and the lives of others are in danger, that might be the time i would take up arms.
until then bantering about armed insurrection as if it was both necessary and acceptable is idiotic and irresponsible.
And nobody is planning to take up arms, especially Joni. RW is spewing bullshit.
"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."

What part of “ whether it's from the government...should they decide that my rights are no longer important." do you not understand.

This is the same moronic rhetoric we hear from many on the extreme right, the errant notion that should someone subjectively perceive the government 'attacking' their rights, that they may respond violently with firearms.

Just in case you missed it the first time:

I agree with her 100%. If I have to use deadly force against my government, the only logical reason why I must do so is that they are doing something to put me, my family in harms way, thus obviously not thinking much of my rights.

Are you really this freakin dense?
You just explained it in a way the dumbest of anti gunners should be able to comprehend what it means to have a second amendment right.

It's cute how people think their little pea shooter is going to stop the US military.

It's cute how you think you know what side the folks in the US military are going to come down on if it ever gets to the point of armed rebellion.
And as long as their is an idiot like obama as president we don't have much to worry about the military

i suppose in the absolute collapse of the country, when we no longer have recourse at the ballot box or in the courts, and when my life and the lives of others are in danger, that might be the time i would take up arms.
until then bantering about armed insurrection as if it was both necessary and acceptable is idiotic and irresponsible.
And nobody is planning to take up arms, especially Joni. RW is spewing bullshit.
"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."

What part of “ whether it's from the government...should they decide that my rights are no longer important." do you not understand.

This is the same moronic rhetoric we hear from many on the extreme right, the errant notion that should someone subjectively perceive the government 'attacking' their rights, that they may respond violently with firearms.

I agree with her 100%. If I have to use deadly force against my government, the only logical reason why I must do so is that they are doing something to put me, my family in harms way, thus obviously not thinking much of my rights.

You just explained it in a way the dumbest of anti gunners should be able to comprehend what it means to have a second amendment right.

Forgive me for correcting you, but while the 2nd Amendment guarantees our right to keep and bear arms, that right, and more importantly, the right to self defense, are inherent human rights that predate the Constitution...in fact, as old as man.

"I believe in the right to defend myself and my family"

Nice catch, why would any of these assholes, even Jake be upset about anyone defending themselves?

What part of DEFEND AGAINST don't you comprehend?

Forgive me for correcting you, but while the 2nd Amendment guarantees our right to keep and bear arms, that right, and more importantly, the right to self defense, are inherent human rights that predate the Constitution...in fact, as old as man.
OH you aren't correcting me if the second amendment were pronounces invalid I would still have the right to gun ownership and have the right to defend my life. The amendment is a contract between me and the government That I will not allow them to break.

Candidate s gun remarks should scare us all Opinion - CNN.com

Joni Ernst, the Iowa candidate who has vaulted to within an inch of United States Senate due to her boasting of hog castration in this year's most inventive political ad, was speaking to the National Rifle Association in 2012.

And? nothing wrong with what she said. Only a loon would disagree.
No...most Americans won't tolerate those who would take up arms against our country
Nice spin asshat
To defend against is not to take up arms against
Maybe you should try an easier topic to discuss.
Afraid it is

Like most cases where citizens have taken the law into their own hands, they are quickly disposed of

Yeah, like those wacky guys who had the nerve to take the law into their own hands and fight the British. They were quickly disposed of. God save the Queen!

And look at them Syrian rebels...we hate them so much for rebelling against their by-gawd legitimate government that we curse them with money, arms and supplies! That'll teach the ingrates to know their place!
You see..

Their problem was they didn't have a Constitution to guard their rights. They didn't have a vote, didn't have representation, didn't have guaranteed rights

Not the same is it?

No...most Americans won't tolerate those who would take up arms against our country
Nice spin asshat
Afraid it is

Like most cases where citizens have taken the law into their own hands, they are quickly disposed of

Yeah, like those wacky guys who had the nerve to take the law into their own hands and fight the British. They were quickly disposed of. God save the Queen!

And look at them Syrian rebels...we hate them so much for rebelling against their by-gawd legitimate government that we curse them with money, arms and supplies! That'll teach the ingrates to know their place!
You see..

Their problem was they didn't have a Constitution to guard their rights. They didn't have a vote, didn't have representation, didn't have guaranteed rights

Not the same is it?
The Constitution can be amended at any time, then we also would not have a Constitution to guard our rights, WE THE PEOPLE have each other to fall back on to guard our rights.

Maybe if you could give some practical examples of what would cause you to take up arms against your own government

Nice spin asshat
Afraid it is

You see..

Not the same is it?

I heard that Assad just got reelected with greater than 80% of the vote? Are you saying those elections were rigged and that these people have good reason to rebel? Are you saying that rigged elections could NEVAR happen here?

I didn't think so. :p

Nice spin asshat
Afraid it is

You see..

Not the same is it?
The Constitution can be amended at any time, then we also would not have a Constitution to guard our rights, WE THE PEOPLE have each other to fall back on to guard our rights.
So yo feel that if the Constitution is not amended to your liking that armed insurrection is your best option?

Nice spin asshat
Afraid it is

You see..

Not the same is it?

I heard that Assad just got reelected with greater than 80% of the vote? Are you saying those elections were rigged and that these people have good reason to rebel? Are you saying that rigged elections could NEVAR happen here?

Are you somehow equating the US with Syria?
On what historical basis?

Maybe if you could give some practical examples of what would cause you to take up arms against your own government

Oh, I don't know, secret star chamber courts deeming me a terrorist based on something I wrote, resulting in DHS performing a no-knock raid on my home to arrest me and send me off to gitmo with no due process? Naaaa, that could never happen here, right?

Nice spin asshat
Afraid it is

You see..

Not the same is it?
So yo feel that if the Constitution is not amended to your liking that armed insurrection is your best option?
It would lead in that direction it is a guarantee

Ok. Let's cut to the chase here

The WORST thing a government can ever do to you. A government agent knocks on your door to confiscate your guns

Do you kill him?

Nice spin asshat
Afraid it is

You see..

Not the same is it?

Are you somehow equating the US with Syria?
On what historical basis?

On what basis are we that different. Constitution? they got one. Elected President, they got one (elected with a much larger majority than our own even). Courts, they got them. Yes, they have a single political party...but then again, our two major parties are effectively just two sides of the same coin.

Biggest similarity....both governments make a mockery of their constitutions.

The WORST thing a government can ever do to you. A government agent knocks on your door to confiscate your guns

Do you kill him?

The worst thing anyone could ever do that would justify deadly force would be to put my life or the life of my family in danger. You can speculate on who would do so or why that would happen all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that I will respond by eliminating the threat with whatever means I have available. You would do the same. Case closed.

Do you kill him?
I know what you are doing you can reverse the role government official bust in your home and grabs your child without a warrant call it a no warrant search you just going to stand their and allow them to harm your child, watch for the courts to run it course? That is if your child gets a court date.

Rightwingy...ponder for a moment or two, "...should they decide that my rights are no longer imporant."

So someone who is prepared to enter the United States Senate believes that if the Government violates her rights that armed rebellion is her best option

Did she miss the Civil rights movement? Was anyone in histories rights violated more than southern blacks? Did they resort to armed rebellion or did they use their Constitutional freedoms to enact change?

Americans have regress if they think Government is violating their rights. They have free speech, they have a free press to take up their case, they have the right to assemble and to protest...most importantly, they have a VOTE

That is the way Americans have handled a repressive Government for generations WITHOUT resorting to guns
well that's the way republicans addressed the abuse of blacks. democrats took to night riding and lynching to get their point across

The way to reform government is at the ballot box.

If and only if universal voter rights are respected. Otherwise, we can expect real fraud.
do you mean legal voter rights or the illegal voters democrats are recruiting to stuff the ballot boxes?

Democrats are recruiting to stuff the ballot boxes? No, they are not. Rachel Maddow just debunked the shit out of that lie. See my post in Vigilante's thread.

Forum List

Back