Iowa Republican ready to take up arms against her country

Nice spin asshat
To defend against is not to take up arms against
Maybe you should try an easier topic to discuss.

"I believe in the right to defend myself and my family"

Nice catch, why would any of these assholes, even Jake be upset about anyone defending themselves?
the question is when does she see 'defense' with a gun as necessary?
When would you, is even a simpler question.
i suppose in the absolute collapse of the country, when we no longer have recourse at the ballot box or in the courts, and when my life and the lives of others are in danger, that might be the time i would take up arms.
until then bantering about armed insurrection as if it was both necessary and acceptable is idiotic and irresponsible.

Defense is not "armed insurrection", you do realize that right?

Shh, don't distract him while he's stopping the Germans from bombing Pearl Harbor.

Nice catch, why would any of these assholes, even Jake be upset about anyone defending themselves?
i suppose in the absolute collapse of the country, when we no longer have recourse at the ballot box or in the courts, and when my life and the lives of others are in danger, that might be the time i would take up arms.
until then bantering about armed insurrection as if it was both necessary and acceptable is idiotic and irresponsible.

that is a matter of opinion. say her home was condemned and purchased using imminent domain so it could be sold to a developer. perfectly legal and constitutional. she may see it as a violation of her rights and 'defend' against anyone looking to enforce that sale, but doing so would be armed insurrection.

What is allegedly legal and constitutional isn't always right. The things that drove our founders to armed rebellion where legal...and indeed their rebellion was illegal in the eyes of the government and their loyalists. We were founded on armed rebellion you ninny. Yes, they did what they could through the system available to them until they reached a tipping point where they decided that was no longer an effective option....and they surely didn't wait for a ruling from the very government they rebelled against when they decided to take those first shots.

that is a matter of opinion. say her home was condemned and purchased using imminent domain so it could be sold to a developer. perfectly legal and constitutional. she may see it as a violation of her rights and 'defend' against anyone looking to enforce that sale, but doing so would be armed insurrection.

What is allegedly legal and constitutional isn't always right. The things that drove our founders to armed rebellion where legal...and indeed their rebellion was illegal in the eyes of the government and their loyalists. We were founded on armed rebellion you ninny. Yes, they did what they could through the system available to them until they reached a tipping point where they decided that was no longer an effective option....and they surely didn't wait for a ruling from the very government they rebelled against when they decided to take those first shots.

so og is arguing that speech should be abridged because somebody MIGHT take it to heart?

Let's all get back to reality here.

She was throwing red meat to a red meat congregation.

If push came to shove, she would call the police.

She was stating a position...and yes, in most cases would call the police...cept if the police were the problem, which would make calling them pretty stupid and futile. Are you one of those people who call 911 when think you are getting harassed by a cop, screaming POLICE BRUTALITY, and actually expecting them to help you!

so og is arguing that speech should be abridged because somebody MIGHT take it to heart?

He's trying to apply the "fire in a theater" tact...he's projecting his irrational response on the rest of the population.

That's not what she said,that is what you are reading into her remarks.

That's the point, she said "defend" only she gets to determine her intent,not us.
no, that's exactly what she said.
I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important.
so if the government takes her house under imminent domain, would that be the government deciding that her rights weren't important?
see, we have her stating that it's okay to use guns against the government if the government feels your rights aren't important. what we don't have from her is what she believes that would mean.

either way, to the cliven bundys out there, this is exactly what they want to hear. it's validation for their armed resistance to the government. tell me how encouraging that kind of behavior is responsible

YOU are adding all of this into it, all she said was defend.
Sorry.
are you purposefully ignoring that she said she would use her gun against the government if it decided her rights were not important? if you aren't, what type of scenario do you think she had in mind when she said that?

Not sure why you find that so alarming. It is the purpose of the 2nd amendment after all.
because in our modern times, with the multiple options for recourse available to us, taking up arms against the government is unacceptable.

I'm pretty sure King George said the same thing. I think the proper response was the same then as it is now...tough shit. Don't give us a reason to take up arms and you got no problem.

No...most Americans won't tolerate those who would take up arms against our country
Nice spin asshat

Do you think the founders decide to take up arms against England spontaneously or they talked about in groups and in their news papers and pamphlet's?

After reading through this thread, I've come to realize that Republicans are super tough on the internet.

so if the government takes her house under imminent domain, would that be the government deciding that her rights weren't important?
see, we have her stating that it's okay to use guns against the government if the government feels your rights aren't important. what we don't have from her is what she believes that would mean.

either way, to the cliven bundys out there, this is exactly what they want to hear. it's validation for their armed resistance to the government. tell me how encouraging that kind of behavior is responsible

Sorry.
are you purposefully ignoring that she said she would use her gun against the government if it decided her rights were not important? if you aren't, what type of scenario do you think she had in mind when she said that?

Not sure why you find that so alarming. It is the purpose of the 2nd amendment after all.
because in our modern times, with the multiple options for recourse available to us, taking up arms against the government is unacceptable.

I'm pretty sure King George said the same thing. I think the proper response is the same now as it was then...tough shit. Don't give us a reason to take up arms and you got no problem.

That's not what she said,that is what you are reading into her remarks.

That's the point, she said "defend" only she gets to determine her intent,not us.
I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important.

Sorry.

I agree with her 100%. If I have to use deadly force against my government, the only logical reason why I must do so is that they are doing something to put me, my family in harms way, thus obviously not thinking much of my rights.

Are you really this freakin dense?

d
"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."

The stupidity of this is multifaceted.

Who are 'they.' And how would 'they' indeed 'decide.'

This is ridiculous, paranoid rightwing lunacy, a hyperbolic stump speech aimed at the ignorant conservative base.

They would be whomever it is that is attempting to take away her rights to the point that she needs to use deadly force at the time, you moron. Just because you don't understand the rules of deadly force doesn't mean the rest of us share your ignorance.

You sure like to call people morons. Is that because you were labeled 'special' during your formative years? I suppose that's why your an asshole, an asshole with nothing to offer but gas.

I call a spade a spade and a moron a moron. If you don't want to be called a moron, don't act like a moron, moron. Yes, I am an asshole...you gotta do better if you want to insult me, girlfriend.

Really?

You want to argue over what YOU perceive as her "intent"?

You don't get to do that, why don't you "ask" her what she meant?
I'd be happy to hear her defend this

I think it's hilarious that people like you think she was speaking in "NRA Code".

All she said was "defend"and you people are all running around screaming "treason","traitor", "insurrectionist".

Yes you are free to do that, but you look stupid doing it.
What did she mean?

Did the NRA know what she meant? That is raw meat to the NRA

What did she say?

She said "defend" YOU added everything else;)
"I do believe in the right to carry"

She didn't tell those gun nuts what she would carry. Could be flowers or something

I hope it's not a case of the gleep! OMG, IT COULD BE EBOLA!!!!

Nice spin asshat

And nobody is planning to take up arms, especially Joni. RW is spewing bullshit.
"I do believe in the right to carry, and I believe in the right to defend myself and my family -- whether it's from an intruder, or whether it's from the government, should they decide that my rights are no longer important."

What part of “ whether it's from the government...should they decide that my rights are no longer important." do you not understand.

This is the same moronic rhetoric we hear from many on the extreme right, the errant notion that should someone subjectively perceive the government 'attacking' their rights, that they may respond violently with firearms.

And nobody is planning to take up arms, especially Joni. RW is spewing bullshit.

What part of “ whether it's from the government...should they decide that my rights are no longer important." do you not understand.

This is the same moronic rhetoric we hear from many on the extreme right, the errant notion that should someone subjectively perceive the government 'attacking' their rights, that they may respond violently with firearms.

Just in case you missed it the first time:

I agree with her 100%. If I have to use deadly force against my government, the only logical reason why I must do so is that they are doing something to put me, my family in harms way, thus obviously not thinking much of my rights.

Are you really this freakin dense?

Candidate s gun remarks should scare us all Opinion - CNN.com

Joni Ernst, the Iowa candidate who has vaulted to within an inch of United States Senate due to her boasting of hog castration in this year's most inventive political ad, was speaking to the National Rifle Association in 2012.

Contrast that with a Lefty icon domestic terrorist who is prepared to kill 25 million Americans to fit his agenda.

It's cute how people think their little pea shooter is going to stop the US military.

It's cute how people think their little pea shooter is going to stop the US military.

It's cute how you think you know what side the folks in the US military are going to come down on if it ever gets to the point of armed rebellion.

Forum List

Back