Investment Manager Explains Why 99.5% Of Americans Can Never Win

So if one openly points out how the rich is sucking this country dry, one wins the label "revolutionary", and "Marxist". Interesting. I have a label for you. But I would rather that you just respond to the rest of my earlier post, highlighted above, instead of simply relying on your tried and miserably failed misdirection playbook - failed because everyone can see through it already.

You've proved no such thing as the "rich sucking this country dry"..

I don't have to prove it. It is self-evident.

As is your stoopidity. :eusa_whistle:

An Investment Manager's View - Business Insider

"In my view, the American dream of striking it rich is merely a well-marketed fantasy that keeps the bottom 99.5% hoping for better and prevents social and political instability," the manager wrote in an email to Professor G. William Domhoff of the University of California at Santa Cruz.
A lot more at the link.
So...who proof reads these things? The highlighted states that 99.5% hoping for a better life is a fantasy, but helps promote stability in society and politics.

Of course, the article assumes that the primary motive for investing is to get rich, or get rich quick. A premise that has no basis in fact.

"In my view, the American dream of striking it rich is merely a well-marketed fantasy that keeps the bottom 99.5% hoping for better and prevents social and political instability," the manager wrote in an email to Professor G. William Domhoff of the University of California at Santa Cruz.
A lot more at the link.

So if one openly points out how the rich is sucking this country dry, one wins the label "revolutionary", and "Marxist". Interesting. I have a label for you. But I would rather that you just respond to the rest of my earlier post, highlighted above, instead of simply relying on your tried and miserably failed misdirection playbook - failed because everyone can see through it already.

You mean like the offspring of bue and red unicorns being purple?

If becoming "rich" is an overriding thought in your mind, perhaps you should seek professional help.

There are plenty of people who work hard, improve themselves, stay humble with their money and their spending, and end up retiring with a perfectly comfortable income.

There are also many people (and I have more than a few as clients) who have a shitload of money and are still miserable. They can never have enough.

Money doesn't buy happiness.

Last edited:
...Money doesn't buy happiness...
acchpyns.png

Seriously, my take is that the reason rich people are happier than poor people--

--is more because happiness buys money; that is, happy people do a better job earning a living than professional crybabies do.

Last edited:

A lot more at the link.

You mean like the offspring of bue and red unicorns being purple?

No, like the fact that the rich have made this country so impoverished that minimum wage jobs which were previously intended for teenagers and young college students are being sought out as permanent positions for adults with families because the good jobs they previously had are now overseas where the rich can take advantage of slave labor. I'm talking about the rise of the third world job market here and the downfall of the middle class.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=acLW1vFO-2Q]George Carlin ~ The American Dream - YouTube[/ame]

...Money doesn't buy happiness...
acchpyns.png

Seriously, my take is that the reason rich people are happier than poor people--

--is more because happiness buys money; that is, happy people do a better job earning a living than professional crybabies do.

Quoted for truth.

It's only self-evident to the folks with a Marxist bent who would rather promote a quick scapegoat fiction --- than to open their eyes and realize HOW and WHY the job options and investment flows in this country have reached rock bottom..

I know it hurts your head to consider the more complex and rational explanations.. So don't bother..

It's only self-evident to the folks with a Marxist bent who would rather promote a quick scapegoat fiction --- than to open their eyes and realize HOW and WHY the job options and investment flows in this country have reached rock bottom..

I know it hurts your head to consider the more complex and rational explanations.. So don't bother..

I'd laugh really loudly at that McCarthyism rant, except that after hearing such drivel from people like you for the past 30+ years it would be redundant to call it old hat.

A lot more at the link.

right he is:

Goldman Sachs and the Art of Ripping Your Clients' Faces Off

"Traders and salesmen would boast about 'ripping the face off' their clients -- structuring and selling complicated deals that clients did not understand but that generated huge profits for the bank that was brokering the trade."
-- From the book 13 Bankers

A lot more at the link.

right he is:

"Traders and salesmen would boast about 'ripping the face off' their clients -- structuring and selling complicated deals that clients did not understand but that generated huge profits for the bank that was brokering the trade."

Obviously --- that tactic wasn't all that successful.. Since these guys were stupid enough to be SELLING PRIMARILY TO OTHER BANKERS... Even the sales guys had no idea what was in the Mortgage portfolios that they were pushing..

But this is NOT THE REASON that American standard of living is flat-lining.. And it's entirely non-productive to pretend that class warfare is the fix...

right he is:

Obviously --- that tactic wasn't all that successful.. Since these guys were stupid enough to be SELLING PRIMARILY TO OTHER BANKERS... Even the sales guys had no idea what was in the Mortgage portfolios that they were pushing..

But this is NOT THE REASON that American standard of living is flat-lining.. And it's entirely non-productive to pretend that class warfare is the fix...

Flat-lining? We are way past flat-lining, bubba.

I think there'll be more "true confessions" of these types as the % of the population that have been impoverished by the scumbuggery in the financial markets get angrier - and as "social and political instability" becomes harder to prevent. Here's another:

Henry Blodget Now Realizes That Rich People Do Not Create Jobs

But, more importantly, this argument perpetuates a myth that some well-off Americans use to justify today’s record inequality — the idea that rich people create the jobs. Entrepreneurs and investors like me actually don’t create the jobs — not sustainable ones, anyway. Yes, we can create jobs temporarily, by starting companies and funding losses for a while. And, yes, we are a necessary part of the economy’s job-creation engine. But to suggest that we alone are responsible for the jobs that sustain the other 300 million Americans is the height of self-importance and delusion.

henry-blodget-2-cropped.jpg

I think there'll be more "true confessions" of these types as the % of the population that have been impoverished by the scumbuggery in the financial markets get angrier - and as "social and political instability" becomes harder to prevent. Here's another:

Henry Blodget Now Realizes That Rich People Do Not Create Jobs

But, more importantly, this argument perpetuates a myth that some well-off Americans use to justify today’s record inequality — the idea that rich people create the jobs. Entrepreneurs and investors like me actually don’t create the jobs — not sustainable ones, anyway. Yes, we can create jobs temporarily, by starting companies and funding losses for a while. And, yes, we are a necessary part of the economy’s job-creation engine. But to suggest that we alone are responsible for the jobs that sustain the other 300 million Americans is the height of self-importance and delusion.

Then just who is responsible for those other jobs?

From what I can see people in the government define others as "rich" if they make a mere 200K a year.

So it the small business owner that employs 10 or 12 people who has a net worth of 1 million and a salary of 200K rich or not?

The rich produce about 12% of the jobs in America.

The other 88% is small businesses (I mean real small, 5 employees or under).

So the poor or middle class produce 88% of the jobs in America.

Don't like those stats?

Hey look it up yourself.

SMALL business is where most people work.

The rich produce about 12% of the jobs in America.

The other 88% is small businesses (I mean real small, 5 employees or under).

So the poor or middle class produce 88% of the jobs in America.

Don't like those stats?

Hey look it up yourself.

SMALL business is where most people work.

Is a small business owner who employs 5 or 6 people and makes 200K a year "rich"?

Forum List

Back