Intuitive Machines Moon landing feed live here

yea, it is amazing how much better the scientists had their shit together back during Apollo
Yes. I agree. That was because back in the 1960s ans 70s NASA was in charge. We need to get back to government, i.e. NASA control and management, and not private enterprise. There is a time for private enterprise, but NASA should once again take the lead in space exploration.

Last edited:
Yes. I agree. That was because back in the 1960s ans 70s NASA was in charge. We need to get back to government, i.e. NASA control and management, and not private enterprise. There is a time for private enterprise, but NASA should once again take the lead in space exploration.
NASA can't cause diversity hires aren't up to the task

NASA used to be filled with ridiculously competent engineers. The focus has shifted..

Back in June of 2021, under orders from the Biden White House, NASA launched a new mission to the planet "Woke." NASA described the "Mission Equity" initiative as "a comprehensive effort to assess expansion and modification of agency programs, procurements, grants, and policies, and examine what potential barriers and challenges exist for communities that are historically underrepresented and underserved."

In other words, Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is now the filter through which NASA decisions run.

In May of this year during a hearing of the Senate Commerce Committee, two Republican senators, Eric Schmitt from Missouri, and Ted Cruz from Texas, rightfully took issue with NASA Administrator Bill Nelson and what Schmitt described as "misguided woke policies related to climate change and diversity, equity and inclusion" set forth by the Biden administration.

In his opening remarks, Cruz stressed in part: "Looking at this year’s budget request, I see things like $22 million for the quote ‘Office of Diversity and Equal Opportunity,' which has little to do with what you have called a space race between the free world and China."

Schmitt then added: "I can assure you that China has no interest in out DEI-ing us, and they’re not intimidated at all by this divisive, radical policy that’s found its way in this budget."

The argument is the cost. These companies are newer at it and doing it as cheap as they can. I am sure for five times more NASA could have done the same. The manned NASA made SLS rocket is so expensive to launch that we will be fortunate to do one mission a year with it for now. The next generation of space station and going into deep space will be much cheaper if the Space X Starship can be made to work also. Cheer any success that rocket has.

Hey NASA and Intuitive Machines - pics or it didn't happen.

They are saying it tipped over during landing. There is one pic in this article.

CNN — The Odysseus lunar lander is sideways on the moon, Intuitive Machines, the company that built the vehicle, said during a news conference Friday.

The revelation comes after Intuitive Machines had initially described Odysseus, also called “Odie” or IM-1, as “upright” in an update posted to the social media platform X just after the historic mission made its touchdown on the lunar surface Thursday. But the company’s CEO, Steve Altemus, said data later showed that the spacecraft was likely tilted on its side after having caught one of its feet on a lunar rock.

“We think it came down (moving) about 6 miles an hour this way, and about 2 miles an hour (horizontally along the surface) and caught foot in the surface, and the lander has tipped like this,” Altemus said, using a small model of the lander to demonstrate the suspected issue during a news briefing.

Forum List

Back