Intuitive Machines Moon landing feed live here

This is the live feed of coverage. Same feed available at NASA site. Landing estimated now at 17:24 CST.

I hope that they don't screw it up.
It seems like countries are having a hard time landing on the moon.
You would think that it would be easier nowadays with our much more advanced technology.

indiamoonlandercrashgsfsfsfdsfs.png

japanmoonlandercrashffggnngssg.png

You would think that they would do a lot of digital simulation landings to work out all of the bugs.

Elon Musk's SpaceX launches first US moon lander mission since 1972©AP
SpaceX´s Falcon rocket blasted off in the middle of the night, dispatching Intuitive Machines´ lunar lander on its way to the moon, 230,000 miles away. Intuitive Machines nicknamed its lander after Homer's hero in 'The Odyssey,' or 'Odie' for short. 'Godspeed, Odysseus. Now let´s go make history,' said Trent Martin, vice president of space systems. If all goes well, a touchdown attempt would occur February 22, after a day in lunar orbit.

©Joe Marino/UPI/Shutterstock
Only five countries - the U.S., Russia, China , India and Japan - have scored a lunar landing and no private business has yet done so. The United States has not returned to the moon's surface since the Apollo program ended more than five decades ago. 'There have been a lot of sleepless nights getting ready for this,' Intuitive Machines´ co-founder and chief executive Steve Altemus said before the flight.

©Associated Press Photo
The Houston-based company aims to put its 14-foot tall, six-legged lander down just 186 miles shy of the moon´s south pole, equivalent to landing within Antarctica on Earth. This region - full of treacherous craters and cliffs, yet potentially rich with frozen water - is where NASA plans to land astronauts later this decade. The space agency said its six navigation and tech experiments on the lander can help smooth the way. NASA´s first entry in its commercial lunar delivery service - Astrobotic Technology´s Peregrine lander - stumbled shortly after liftoff in early January. Pictured: This photo provided by Intuitive Machines shows the company's IM-1 Nova-C lunar lander in Houston in October 2023.

They have the old universal reset programmed in after 15 mins of no comms. Power on/off.

Well that sucked. Is this the part where they use gen AI images to claim success in a few hours?

50 years later and bad ass American astronauts solving problems with slide rules and steering the ship still beats massive computer power, automation, and AI.

I'll take Apollo from the 60s, Alex.

Exactly. It’s 2024.
I figure it’s laying on its side in a crater.

I can’t believe no camera for the landing
It has a camera.
But it has a communications problem.
Maybe because it is not upright.
They should have an antenna mounted on the bottom in case it falls over.

It has a camera.
But it has a communications problem.
Maybe because it is not upright.
They should have an antenna mounted on the bottom in case it falls over.
Camera for the decent.
None.

7 years ago I got to spend a morning with the man responsible for the photography of the Surveyor moon landings. Apollo 12 visited one of his landers.

1708646775258.jpeg

This is the live feed of coverage. Same feed available at NASA site. Landing estimated now at 17:24 CST.

Top 5 ways to populate the moon.

1. Tell Palestinians Jews have moved their homeland to the moon.

2. Tell Drug cartels there is a market to sell their drugs on the moon.

3. Tell the US federal government that aliens have been found on the moon and need to be taxed to help fund universal health care.

4. Have Elon Musk take over NASA.

5. Build a really, really, long bridge.

Forum List

Back