Introductions, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well they aren't from there originally...emigrated from NH!

and I am born and raised in the land of lincoln.... I am proudly a transplant, from away....not lucky enough to have been born here, but smart enough to have moved here.

I live in San Francisco, so despite my politics being all over the map they're clearly influenced by the progressive culture and landscape to which I am exposed. I'm into health and happiness, female, work in nutrition, here to learn more about international politics and discuss some of the issues I'm familiar w/ passionate about (food policy, war on drugs). Nice to be here!

I live in San Francisco, so despite my politics being all over the map they're clearly influenced by the progressive culture and landscape to which I am exposed. I'm into health and happiness, female, work in nutrition, here to learn more about international politics and discuss some of the issues I'm familiar w/ passionate about (food policy, war on drugs). Nice to be here!

Hello Niles, welcome, and enjoy yourself.

I’m a 64-year-old male cynic/iconoclast who lives in the hills above Melbourne, Australia with his two German shepherd dogs, who double as Gods, Sam and Lochie.

Life experience has convinced me that dogs, indeed ANY animal, is a far more agreeable companion than hypocritical humans. (Besides, I don’t drink, (A.A.) smoke, do drugs, or “make love” (ever tried to put a marshmallow in a money box? :sad: ) so you could say I haven’t got much going for me as a “significant other.”)

I was expelled from a Christian Brother’s concentration camp for kids at age 13 for punching the Head Brother up and went straight to work from there.

I was a Lineman/rigger most of my life until I took a voluntary redundancy from our Civil Aviation Authority, started my own business, made a killing, and retired at age 55.

I lean to the left politically, although that won’t stop me from giving the Liberals a serve if they deserve it.

Religion wise, I class myself as an agnostic on the cusp of atheism.

As I said, I despise hypocrisy so ya see there is little chance of me fitting in with rank and file folk. Especially those of the faux decent family values variety. :razz:

I’m a 64-year-old male cynic/iconoclast who lives in the hills above Melbourne, Australia with his two German shepherd dogs, who double as Gods, Sam and Lochie.

Life experience has convinced me that dogs, indeed ANY animal, is a far more agreeable companion than hypocritical humans. (Besides, I don’t drink, (A.A.) smoke, do drugs, or “make love” (ever tried to put a marshmallow in a money box? :sad: ) so you could say I haven’t got much going for me as a “significant other.”)

I was expelled from a Christian Brother’s concentration camp for kids at age 13 for punching the Head Brother up and went straight to work from there.

I was a Lineman/rigger most of my life until I took a voluntary redundancy from our Civil Aviation Authority, started my own business, made a killing, and retired at age 55.

I lean to the left politically, although that won’t stop me from giving the Liberals a serve if they deserve it.

Religion wise, I class myself as an agnostic on the cusp of atheism.

As I said, I despise hypocrisy so ya see there is little chance of me fitting in with rank and file folk. Especially those of the faux decent family values variety. :razz:

:wtf:

I guess I'll start here.

I'm a homeschooling mom of 5 kids. I'm an Army vet and married to a Marine vet. We live just outside of Portland Oregon. I consider myself to be a moderate Republican. I don't vote down party lines.

Don't know what else to add other than... See ya around the boards.

I guess I'll start here.

I'm a homeschooling mom of 5 kids. I'm an Army vet and married to a Marine vet. We live just outside of Portland Oregon. I consider myself to be a moderate Republican. I don't vote down party lines.

Don't know what else to add other than... See ya around the boards.

Welcome...

I have to wonder why a mother of 5 children would want the aggravation of posting on this particular board!

Well... To sharpen my skills with my children. Several of the topics here are ones I talk with (or will be talking with) them about. I need to know both sides of the argument to properly teach it.

In addition to that, I love debating. I always have. I was over at TNFZ before it's demise. I post on a few other boards but they are more homeschooling or parenting based. I try and debate with them and they tend not to keep up. I run circles around them. I need more challenges.

Well... To sharpen my skills with my children. Several of the topics here are ones I talk with (or will be talking with) them about. I need to know both sides of the argument to properly teach it.

In addition to that, I love debating. I always have. I was over at TNFZ before it's demise. I post on a few other boards but they are more homeschooling or parenting based. I try and debate with them and they tend not to keep up. I run circles around them. I need more challenges.

Civil debate is hard to come by. It can happen on this board occassionally though.

In any case, welcome aboard (again)

Hi, new member here.

I am 42 year old Mom of one 16 year old boy, married.

I am an american who moved to Sweden about 5 years ago (due to the fact that my husband is a swede and after talking we decided that Sweden would be where we live).

I work in a school that goes up to 9th grade and I teach converstional english for kids who are behind in the Language and arent comfortable speaking it. It helped a great deal that when I started I was sooo bad at swedish that they felt much better about making mistakes in english.

I am sure I would be considered a FLAMING liberal by most here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back