Interstellar

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
Easily the best movie i've seen in a movie theater this year. Best movie I've seen in a very long time.

Did anyone see it?

Got the dvd in the living room..............haven't watched it yet...........today.............maybe today..............

Happy Easter everyone BTW.

It came out on DVD yesterday.

Do yourself a favor and go get it. Rent it, whatever.

Fucking awesome. :thup:

Thanks for the heads up, That will be my next purchase.

I started watching it late last night and by the time it was over, I was too lazy to return it to the video store.
Well, ok I was too drunk LOL.

Yeah this is one I'll purchase once it's in the bargain bin at W.M. Yup I'm that cheap. :beer:

I started watching it late last night and by the time it was over, I was too lazy to return it to the video store.
Well, ok I was too drunk LOL.

Yeah this is one I'll purchase once it's in the bargain bin at W.M. Yup I'm that cheap. :beer:
Watched it.....................Advice...............

Watch it drunk...................might make it better to watch...............Someone did some serious acid who wrote this one.

Someone on this video wrote this movie.................:uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3::uhoh3:

I'll have to look for it. I'm still waiting for The Hobbit Battle Of the Five Armies. I ordered it on ebay and the dickwad sent it to NY. When I asked for a refund since I never got it, he said not until I send it back. HELLO??? I never got it! Tracking number showed it was delivered to someone IN NEW YORK. I am in CALIFORNIA. Fucktard gets a neg and I sic'd ebay on him for not refunding my money.

Watched it last night on on-demand. It was...Better than some, but coulda been better. End was abrupt and unsatisfying. And the 'save the world' aspect shoulda been explained more than just 'it's safe now.' And the daughter of the professor guy off-world at the end was unexplained. Just seemed really rough, like they went all out on effects but got a 2nd rate writer.

Bad writers is what leads to 'humans in the impossibly distant future communicate back in time to save the world.'

But some version of humanity had to be the first to evolve to that future version. And they would have done so with no help. So if they managed to evolve to godlike technology why even bother helping the past? That'd be wrecking their own timeline altering things since they managed to evolve with no help.

Plus, if you're helping the past of an alternate timeline by sending it a wormhole, why stick it way the hell out at Saturn? Something wrong with Lunar orbit? :)

Lotta bad writing. And the science was fantasy. Not even sci-fi but sci-fantasy. "You could fall through a black hole and survive because it's rotating? PUHLEEZE!"

The robots were cool though. Liked the 'honesty setting' thing :) And the recycling of the "nothing good" line about "what happens if he opens the airlock" was cute.

Hope they get around to making a decent "Eon" movie at some point. Would settle for a 3d animated version but if you like hard sci-fi that isn't so unrealistic you'd love it. Novel's by Greg Bear. Is a sequel called "Eternity" but wasn't half as great.

Movies made with the understanding that theyre fiction and meant to just imagine and enjoy arent meant to be viewed under such a cunty pretentious lense.

I'd say why I thought it was horrible but some may not have seen it...............

The poster that said it was a trip was right..............ACID TRIP..................LOL

One of the defining "what the fuck!" moments from the movie...

interstellar.jpg

Forum List

Back