Internet Racists Are Pretending to Be Black Looters in Baltimore

ClosedCaption

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2010

For every human tragedy offline, there will inevitably be a group of dedicated fuckers trying to make it worse using the internet. Today’s example is the #BaltimoreLootCrew, spreading white supremacist bile and misinformation about the Freddie Gray protests.

Internet racists have long enjoyed using out-of-context and wholly unrelated photos to demonize black people during emergency conditions—the pastime dates back to at least to Hurricane Katrina. But as Motherboard points out, Twitter has made it easier than ever to quickly and efficiently spread toxic bigotry to the credulous and uninformed.

If you look at the #BaltimoreLootCrew hashtag, you’ll see what looks like Baltimore residents—all black—bragging about things they’ve stolen during this week’s civil unrest. But none of these photos are real. Instead, it’s the work of 8chan-affiliated white supremacists, bubbling over the sort of message board fecal matter that would’ve been confined to /b/ in the era before social media. Those were the days! Now, malicious falsehoods have been democratized.

This image of purportedly stolen medicine is actually at least three years old:

CDpdYBnW0AAaGSd.png

juice @_NotJuice
DONT EVEN NOW WHAT I TOOK #BALTIMORELOOTCREW #BALTIMORERIOTS

This shot is actually from a group of Brits in 2011:

CDoIS9cW8AAte7q.png

finlandia @USALemonParty
lil jo n da crew wid that newnew loot #BaltimoreLootCrew

and on and on and on....

For every human tragedy offline, there will inevitably be a group of dedicated fuckers trying to make it worse using the internet. Today’s example is the #BaltimoreLootCrew, spreading white supremacist bile and misinformation about the Freddie Gray protests.

Internet racists have long enjoyed using out-of-context and wholly unrelated photos to demonize black people during emergency conditions—the pastime dates back to at least to Hurricane Katrina. But as Motherboard points out, Twitter has made it easier than ever to quickly and efficiently spread toxic bigotry to the credulous and uninformed.

If you look at the #BaltimoreLootCrew hashtag, you’ll see what looks like Baltimore residents—all black—bragging about things they’ve stolen during this week’s civil unrest. But none of these photos are real. Instead, it’s the work of 8chan-affiliated white supremacists, bubbling over the sort of message board fecal matter that would’ve been confined to /b/ in the era before social media. Those were the days! Now, malicious falsehoods have been democratized.

This image of purportedly stolen medicine is actually at least three years old:

CDpdYBnW0AAaGSd.png

juice @_NotJuice
DONT EVEN NOW WHAT I TOOK #BALTIMORELOOTCREW #BALTIMORERIOTS

This shot is actually from a group of Brits in 2011:

CDoIS9cW8AAte7q.png

finlandia @USALemonParty
lil jo n da crew wid that newnew loot #BaltimoreLootCrew

and on and on and on....
ALL media can fall in the same category. Newspapers, the internet, TV, radio, and magazines all spread gossip, rumors, misinformation, lies, and taint public opinion.

Last edited:
:lol: Teaperism is nasty and will go to any lengths to get their message out.

I wonder how many of our own USMB'ers are partaking in this.

They just tried to post a video of "Mike Brown" beating some guy until it was shown it wasnt Mike Brown at all.

And then...I'm being serious, some responded by saying "So what if its him or not!"

Yes, seriously
Yup I remember that. That's actually played out on multiple threads with that same video.

Forum List

Back