International athletes traditionally show pride in their heritage

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
This fencing character who refused to salute the American flag is a disgrace, and totally against the tradition of sports to be proud of your background.

Here is a video of 2 international stars, Waldo Von Erich from Berlin, Germany proudly giving his German salute during the introductions.

In the same match, he is facing an American Indian proudly wearing the official headdress of his tribe.

Was Waldo from east germany or west germany? I mean if we are going back to 1975, details matter.....

Was Waldo from east germany or west germany? I mean if we are going back to 1975, details matter.....
He hailed from Berlin, which was East Germany I believe.

But there were a lot of professional wrestlers who came from Communist countries back in the day. Ivan Koloff was from Russia, Gorilla Monsoon hailed from Manchuria, Killer Khan from Mongolia.

He hailed from Berlin, which was East Germany I believe.

But there were a lot of professional wrestlers who came from Communist countries back in the day. Ivan Koloff was from Russia, Gorilla Monsoon hailed from Manchuria, Killer Khan from Mongolia.

Berlin was divided into east and west----thus that whole "Tear Down This Wall" thing Reagan did.

(I have a chunk of said wall by the way)

This fencing character who refused to salute the American flag is a disgrace, and totally against the tradition of sports to be proud of your background.

Here is a video of 2 international stars, Waldo Von Erich from Berlin, Germany proudly giving his German salute during the introductions.

In the same match, he is facing an American Indian proudly wearing the official headdress of his tribe.

Pro wrestling! Dude was probably from Cleveland!

Chief Jay Strongbow was supposed to be an Italian guy who hailed from Upper Darby, Pa.(just outside of Philly). His name was Joe Scarpa according to a small paragraph I read decades ago in a newspaper. Always remembered that. If you ever listened to Gorilla Monsoon he spoke English without a foreign accent and did broadcasts for the old WWF now WWE.

Thanks to the left and their shutting down of the states assimilation machine and all the celebrate diversity NONSENSE
theyve switched the basic MY COUNTRY MY HERITAGE to MY heritage its just the country i live in now ..

its fine keeping old traditions and what not .......but ive watched it get progressively worse with immigrant children over the last 3 decades as left wing nazi PC marxist culture started to spread

russians turks ricans blah blah blah and most others MY age or just GEN x ..if they're first gen Americans and their parents are immigrants most are just plain old Americans

talk with some of TODAYS first gen youngsters........ its a whole other mind set

Unless youre a l left winger of some sort ...like a soccer playing dyke with an agenda THAT the MSM can eat up and toss ya out like trash ....that you are when theyre done with ya

better not show any real american patriotic pride or wave that American flag at international sporting events
you may upset others

.....shit where that civil war :19:

Chief Jay Strongbow was supposed to be an Italian guy who hailed from Upper Darby, Pa.(just outside of Philly). His name was Joe Scarpa according to a small paragraph I read decades ago in a newspaper. Always remembered that. If you ever listened to Gorilla Monsoon he spoke English without a foreign accent and did broadcasts for the old WWF now WWE.

I saw an interview on TV maybe 10 years ago, with great Bruno Sammartino.

Someone phoned in and asked him about Monsoon's lack of an accent. (Gorilla Monsoon died about 20 years ago)

Bruno explained that Monsoon was in this country a long time and lost his accent.

I remember when Wild Red Berry found Monsoon in Manchuria and brought him to America to take over the WWWF. Back then, Monsoon didn't speak any English

Thanks to the left and their shutting down of the states assimilation machine and all the celebrate diversity NONSENSE
theyve switched the basic MY COUNTRY MY HERITAGE to MY heritage its just the country i live in now ..

its fine keeping old traditions and what not .......but ive watched it get progressively worse with immigrant children over the last 3 decades as left wing nazi PC marxist culture started to spread

russians turks ricans blah blah blah and most others MY age or just GEN x ..if they're first gen Americans and their parents are immigrants most are just plain old Americans

talk with some of TODAYS first gen youngsters........ its a whole other mind set

Immigrants today are assimilating just as those before them did.

NOT all of em ......

Big mistake turning off the public assimilation machine

NOT all of em ......
...ne

It was never all, but as many today as ever.

Forum List

Back