Interesting Questionaire for Palestinian Advocates

Uhm, the UN voted Yes, due to the history of wars the land belong to present state of Israel, therefore the Palestinians have no claim at all.. including over Gaza - according to you.

According to me? How on earth do you derive that?

What I said is that the Palestinians have as much right to a homeland as the Jews do and basing rights on who was around thousands of years ago is ridiculous.
You missed the important part, the fact Palestinians been here before Israel doesn't apply as much as Jews doesn't apply, this goes both directions except the UN voted for the state of Israel, but not over a state of Palestinians - all the so called occupied territories belong to Israel NOW and ever since they were exchanged by their legal owners (Egypt, Jordan) - the Palestinians no long have claim on the land which is now Israel because they are simply not Israelis, of course they deserve a homeland and even a state - but not in Israel.

That's legally debatable. But, if indeed all those territories belong to Israel, than so do the Palestinian people. They need to be given full Israeli citizenship and rights.

I dislike questionnaires like that because their primary purpose is to legitimize the disenfranchisment and rights of a people. That's all it is.

The right to a homeland, a state, self-determination is not dependendent on who was there longer than who.

Israel was re-created. It had not existed for thousands of years. It has no more or less legitimacy than Palestine.

And has been oft noted, the region's Arabs (that's what they were called in 1948) had the same opportunity to create an independent homeland - had they actually wanted one - from 1947 to 1967 when they controlled all the land they now CLAIM would satisfy their endless lust for Israeli blood.
Even after 1967 they could have made a deal - again, had they chosen to - but instead they chose squalid "refugee" camps and the 3 NOs: No recognition, No negotiation, No peace.

It's 50 years later. We have to deal with what is there now - on both sides and a truly just and fair solution.

WW111 STARTS BECAUSE the world's nations wants to try to force TINY ISRAEL TO divide their land.===GOD SAYS= “For behold, in those days and in that time, when I shall bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem,

2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for My people and for My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted My land.
Joel 3:1-2

I dislike questionnaires like that because their primary purpose is to legitimize the disenfranchisment and rights of a people. That's all it is.

The right to a homeland, a state, self-determination is not dependendent on who was there longer than who.

Israel was re-created. It had not existed for thousands of years. It has no more or less legitimacy than Palestine.

And has been oft noted, the region's Arabs (that's what they were called in 1948) had the same opportunity to create an independent homeland - had they actually wanted one - from 1947 to 1967 when they controlled all the land they now CLAIM would satisfy their endless lust for Israeli blood.
Even after 1967 they could have made a deal - again, had they chosen to - but instead they chose squalid "refugee" camps and the 3 NOs: No recognition, No negotiation, No peace.

It's 50 years later. We have to deal with what is there now - on both sides and a truly just and fair solution.

Israel offered to help them form a Country about 10 years ago or 15, the response was an Infitada. The Palestinians are not interested in a Country they just want to destroy Israel.

Some people do not like questionaires. I fully understand that. This is probably not the thread for them.

As for me, I like questionaires! I thought it was an excellent idea because it addresses the matter of those who have claimed a historical tie to the land. This offers them the opportunity to prove their claim. .....and I'm still waiting.

Thank you all for reading and I look forward to reading more replies from all who are concerned about the land disputes in Israel / Palestine!

Now to George, I didn't know that Cuba had more doctors outside of their nation than Israel did. How many Jewish doctors do you think America, Europe and Russia have? Any idea? I am asking you and do not have any clue but I thought I'd ask seeing as you commented on the doctors from Cuba. Thanks in advance for your response, George!

Last edited:

Israel offered to help them form a Country about 10 years ago or 15, the response was an Infitada. The Palestinians are not interested in a Country they just want to destroy Israel.

So then your response would be that no one can truthfully respond to that questionaire without admitting the Arabs residing in Gaza do not have a legitimate history -even "recent history" as in prior to Arafat or Huseini? That the true history has always been that of belonging to the Jews? Is that your final conclusion about the questionaire, Sarge? I just want to verify. Thank you. [MENTION=5176]RetiredGySgt[/MENTION].

WW111 STARTS BECAUSE the world's nations wants to try to force TINY ISRAEL TO divide their land.===GOD SAYS= “For behold, in those days and in that time, when I shall bring back the captives of Judah and Jerusalem,

2 I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the Valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for My people and for My heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted My land.

I agree with you, GISMY, but to address the OP topic you would agree that the questionaire addresses the matter of historical claim to the land and that unless someone could answer those questions with specific answers - that could be proven - then they have no claim to it? Is that what your conclusion would be?

Let me answer first, GISMY. After careful review of the questions the author poses I am thoroughly convinced that the only people who have a legitimate claim to Israel / Palestine and this would include all of Jerusalem - would be the Jews. Only the Jews have the right to that land - that is the conclusion I come to. Based on all the evidence I have seen and what I already know about the history of Israel which spans back to 4,000 years ago. - Jeremiah

ww111 starts because the world's nations wants to try to force tiny israel to divide their land.===god says= “for behold, in those days and in that time, when i shall bring back the captives of judah and jerusalem,

2 i will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

i agree with you, gismy, but to address the op topic you would agree that the questionaire addresses the matter of historical claim to the land and that unless someone could answer those questions with specific answers - that could be proven - then they have no claim to it? Is that what your conclusion would be?

right on!!!

[MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION]: While you make some points, I would respectfully ask you to do some more research into the situation now as even you have asked. I came here with an open mind only . . . not so long ago and have read and read and read and learned much more about this conflict from posts from both sides; Indofred, Daniyel, P F Tinmore, RoccoR, etc., etc., etc.

Bot also [MENTION=19170]Coyote[/MENTION], to stay on topic of this thread, what are your honest answers to the questionnaire?

Israel has always been willing to give land for peace. Israel gave back land to Egypt in exchange for peace. They are willing to give the Palestinians land in exchange for peace. But Hamas doesn't want peace, they are a death cult....

Zander, that baby in your avatar is absolutely darling! I love that photo! I believe you are right in that Israel has always sought to find a way to be at peace with her neighbors and also those who sought refuge there. She has been wonderful when considering the medical needs of other peoples, the arabs, the people even over in Ethiopia! Many nations medical doctors from Israel have done their very best for and their generosity has not gone un-noticed by Americans such as myself. On the subject of the land - it was an interesting point the author made that I am wondering - could someone answer it point for point? Fill in the "blanks" so to speak? I do not know. We shall see.

I think Cuba has more doctors working outside of country than Israel. That does go un-noticed.

Cuba has 50% more peeps than Israel. Next. :cool:

As always, I am asking that anyone who responds to this questionaire would do so in a thoughtful and polite manner. This is a subject that needs to be addressed in order to come to some foundational truths. Nevertheless, let us stay on topic and discuss the matter as it pertains to advocates of Israel and advocates of Palestinians. Thank you.

The following is a questionaire that was put together by an author who I had the pleasure of meeting many years ago. They have written many great articles on subject matter addressing middle east conflicts. Here is the questionaire ......I will only put a small portion of the full questionaire up and you all can click the link to read it in its' entirety. Thanks for reading!

AN_INTERESTING_QUESTIONNAIRE_FOR_PALESTINIAN_ADVOCATES

If you are so sure that "Palestine”, the country, goes back through most of recorded history, I expect you to be able to answer a few basic questions about Palestine:

1. When was it founded and by whom?
1924, League of Nations

2. What were its borders?
Palestine has international borders with Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Egypt

3. What was its capital?
Jerusalem

4. What were its major cities?
Jaffa, Haifa, Acca, Jerusalem

5. What constituted the basis of its economy?
Free market, mostly agriculture

6. What was its form of government?
British occupation. Britain prevented the formation of a government.

7. Can you name at least one Palestinian leader before Arafat?
Good question. Anyone who poked his head up was jailed, exiled, or killed by the British.

What I said is that the Palestinians have as much right to a homeland as the Jews do and basing rights on who was around thousands of years ago is ridiculous.
You missed the important part, the fact Palestinians been here before Israel doesn't apply as much as Jews doesn't apply, this goes both directions except the UN voted for the state of Israel, but not over a state of Palestinians - all the so called occupied territories belong to Israel NOW and ever since they were exchanged by their legal owners (Egypt, Jordan) - the Palestinians no long have claim on the land which is now Israel because they are simply not Israelis, of course they deserve a homeland and even a state - but not in Israel.

That's legally debatable. But, if indeed all those territories belong to Israel, than so do the Palestinian people. They need to be given full Israeli citizenship and rights.

Good point.

In international law, when a state is dissolved and new states are established, “the population follows the change of sovereignty in matters of nationality.”5 As a rule, therefore, citizens of the former state should automatically acquire the nationality of the successor state in which they had already been residing.

Genesis of Citizenship in Palestine and Israel

That means that all of the Palestinians who normally lived in the territory that became Israel are Israeli citizens. This would include the refugees.

As always, I am asking that anyone who responds to this questionaire would do so in a thoughtful and polite manner. This is a subject that needs to be addressed in order to come to some foundational truths. Nevertheless, let us stay on topic and discuss the matter as it pertains to advocates of Israel and advocates of Palestinians. Thank you.

The following is a questionaire that was put together by an author who I had the pleasure of meeting many years ago. They have written many great articles on subject matter addressing middle east conflicts. Here is the questionaire ......I will only put a small portion of the full questionaire up and you all can click the link to read it in its' entirety. Thanks for reading!

If you are so sure that "Palestine”, the country, goes back through most of recorded history, I expect you to be able to answer a few basic questions about Palestine:

1924, League of Nations

Jerusalem

Good question. Anyone who poked his head up was jailed, exiled, or killed by the British.

George, I truly appreciate your answering the first 7 questions on the questionaire and before I respond I would like you to answer the rest of them. Here they are: Link first.

8. Was Palestine ever recognized by a country whose existence, at that time or now, leaves no room for interpretation?

9. What was the language of Palestine?

10. What was the prevalent religion of the country of Palestine?

11. What was the name of its currency? Choose any date in history and tell what was the approximate exchange rate of the Palestinian monetary unit against the US dollar, German mark, GB pound, Japanese yen, or Chinese Yuan on that date.

12. And, finally, since there is no such country today, what caused its demise and when did it occur?

* Finally, the author of the questionaire concludes with one Last question here:

You are lamenting the "low sinking" of a "once proud" nation. Please tell me, when exactly was that "nation" proud and what was it so proud of?

And here is the least sarcastic question of all: If the people you mistakenly call "Palestinians" are anything but generic Arabs collected from all over -- or thrown out of -- the Arab world, if they really have a genuine ethnic identity that gives them right for self-determination, why did they never try to become independent until Arabs suffered their devastating defeat in the Six Day War?

I hope you avoid the temptation to trace the modern day "Palestinians" to the Biblical Philistines: substituting etymology for history won't work here.

And that concludes the 7 questions on the questionaire and the final question from the author, George. Again, I thank you for your willingness to participate in attempting to answer the questionaire honestly and to the best of your ability because so far? You are the only one who has made the attempt. I thank you, George. Sincerely, Jeremiah

Last edited:
I will. I would list each question with an answer, but I believe that in all honesty the only answer there is to any or all of them is "none". I am greatly offended that I have been left out of your list, though. Hehe.

But, wait for it, wait for it . . . . . and you know who will soon be here . . . .

you're there at the end

George, take your time, no rush. I realize it is alot of questions. We can continue tomorrow too! This has been such an interesting discussion thread. Very peaceful. Nice dialogue. I love that!

I will. I would list each question with an answer, but I believe that in all honesty the only answer there is to any or all of them is "none". I am greatly offended that I have been left out of your list, though. Hehe.

But, wait for it, wait for it . . . . . and you know who will soon be here . . . .

you're there at the end

Hi Aris! He wasn't there orginially, I had to add him on after he pointed it out to me and by the way, I don't know how I missed adding you on that list but I missed it. Sorry about that!

Uhm, the UN voted Yes, due to the history of wars the land belong to present state of Israel, therefore the Palestinians have no claim at all.. including over Gaza - according to you.

Not really, because they used to live in what was once called Judaea along with the Hebrews long before Islam was even a religion. Compared to the Hebrews, Muslims have a fairly new religion. They're like Lutherans compared to Catholics.

1924, League of Nations

Jerusalem

Mandate began in 1920, but Britain had controled the land since 1918. Transjordan was recognized in 1923.
Economy under the mandate declined, especially of arab agriculture.
Leaders of the high committee were Raghib al-Nashashibi, Amin al-Husayni, Ahmed Hilmi Pasha, Abdul Latif Bey Es-Salah, Mr. Alfred Roke, Jamal eff. el-Husseini, Dr. Hsein Khaldhi, Ya'cub Bey el-Ghussein, Mr. Fuad Saba.

3. What was its capital?

4. What were its major cities?

5. What constituted the basis of its economy?

[MENTION=45621]1776[/MENTION] , [MENTION=36422]blackhawk[/MENTION], [MENTION=49937]Daniyel[/MENTION] [MENTION=20411]ForeverYoung436[/MENTION], [MENTION=42952]GISMYS[/MENTION] , [MENTION=17047]Godboy[/MENTION] [MENTION=46353]GreenBean[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20204]Kondor3[/MENTION] , [MENTION=35577]MJB12741[/MENTION] , [MENTION=45791]Mojo2[/MENTION] , [MENTION=20102]mudwhistle[/MENTION] , [MENTION=17668]Peach[/MENTION] , [MENTION=39618]proudveteran06[/MENTION] , [MENTION=26838]Ropey[/MENTION] , [MENTION=35716]SAYIT[/MENTION] , [MENTION=50178]Sgt_Gath[/MENTION] , [MENTION=40539]skye[/MENTION] , [MENTION=29246]The Irish Ram[/MENTION] , [MENTION=39069]toastman[/MENTION] , [MENTION=23239]westwall[/MENTION] [MENTION=36253]Sally[/MENTION], [MENTION=20947]The Rabbi[/MENTION], [MENTION=49464]teddyearp[/MENTION] ! ! !

A small invitation list from those that I thought might want to participate in the discussion. Anyone is welcome to share here!

Palestine is an artificially created state -it came from the Pre- WW2 British colony - which they took over from the Ottomans [Turks] after WW1 - there is no such a people or Nation as Palestine . "Palestinians" are a mix of misplaced Arabs and other ethnic and tribal groups that inhabited the region.

Forum List

Back