Interesting factoid: Here is the percentage of retirees with $1 Million dollars in savings.

I'm not sure it is only a tenth of what a million used to be, but it certainly isn't a guarantee of security in retirement.

Going by the gold standard, it's about $28,000 or so in 1970 dollars. If it weren't for the Bush -Obama bailouts it would have vanished to zero, in any case, and wouldn't have grown at all. Most entitlement money goes to the middle and upper classes, keeping them fat, dumb, and happy, to steal a quip from William Buckley.

How long do you have to live for it to be as good a deal as the S&P 500?
That depends on if one makes regular stock buys throughout their working life. Most won't. You're also in on Medicare along with SS. Does the S&P 500 have a medical plan?

Going by the gold standard, it's about $28,000 or so in 1970 dollars. If it weren't for the Bush -Obama bailouts it would have vanished to zero, in any case, and wouldn't have grown at all. Most entitlement money goes to the middle and upper classes, keeping them fat, dumb, and happy, to steal a quip from William Buckley.
Entitlement means that you're entitled to it. I'm entitled to SS and Medicare because I've contributed to it.

Entitlement means that you're entitled to it. I'm entitled to SS and Medicare because I've contributed to it.

Where did I say any different? I have in fact said several times here SS needs to be increased to reflect real inflation, among other things, including taxing of-shored manufacturing as if those jobs were still being done here and put into the SS fund. Ypur indoctrination has you making assumptions based on ideological rubbish, same as Toddster here, who has never filled out a tax form in his life, for instance, but likes to parrot fictions his Hive tells him to re 'high taxes on billionaires n stuff',, same as Democrats do. The middle class gets more bennies than the poor do, that's a fact, including larger average SS payouts and Medicare bennies.

Why? Divide $1 million between 4 accounts and they are all Federally insured.

Not only that, but they will generate thousands of dollars in interest each month.
Where can you get interest rates like that on a savings account, dumbass? No fucking where in America. :rolleyes-41:

Anyone who is old enough to have bought a house before 2000 laughs at the "mortgage rates through the roof" comment.

As for rent prices, if you think the POTUS controls rent prices, you should not be a school teacher.

Perhaps the shortage of available/affordable housing is the cause of high rents. A shortage that has been growing for more than a decade.

Or perhaps landlords not being allowed to evict people for more than a year even if they did not pay rent that whole time is leading to higher rents.
OR I know exactly what it is. It's local governments charging quadruple the price on rental property tax.

They make more off of rentals than the owners, yeah, that's a large part of it.

The other 2 parts are corporate rental home ownership and section 8 subsidizing of single family homes.

The local governments always get their steep cuts of those, too.

That's what's driving the cost of housing up in America. Local government greed.

Maybe up to twice the taxes might would be OK, but not really, 150% would be ideal, but they are literally

charging quadruple the taxes on rental property..400%+ more.

Last edited:
Where did I say any different? I have in fact said several times here SS needs to be increased to reflect real inflation, among other things, including taxing of-shored manufacturing as if those jobs were still being done here and put into the SS fund. Ypur indoctrination has you making assumptions based on ideological rubbish, same as Toddster here, who has never filled out a tax form in his life, for instance, but likes to parrot fictions his Hive tells him to re 'high taxes on billionaires n stuff',, same as Democrats do. The middle class gets more bennies than the poor do, that's a fact, including larger average SS payouts and Medicare bennies.
SS for low wage earners is subsidized by the others and so get a bigger payout, based on what they have contributed.

I'm an outlier, not indoctrinated by anyone.

SS is supplemental retirement income and was never intended to be the sole retirement income.

Forum List

Back