CDZ With 9.3 million job openings in the United States, why are there still people panhandling on the corner of Intersections?

There are probably a percentage of them who should be working. The rest often suffer from mental illness, addiction, advanced age and potential physical disabilities. The ones that CAN work? Ever tried going to a job interview when your clothes are filthy, ya got no place to shower and no transportation? I figured not.

Man in the silk suit hurries by
And as he catches the poor old lady's eye
Just for fun he says
Get a job

That's you ^

Under "true or ideal" Capitalism, there is no unemployment only underpayment.

Underpaid according to market based arbitrage.

I'll give you an example that might get through to you.

A town of 10,000 people has a manufacturing plant close. The plant employed 2,000 people (with the support positions included). Now there are 2,000 people without jobs. There are not 2,000 more jobs to be had in this town, at any rate of pay.

Are you claiming those people are not unemployed?

I'll give you an example that might get through to you.

A town of 10,000 people has a manufacturing plant close. The plant employed 2,000 people (with the support positions included). Now there are 2,000 people without jobs. There are not 2,000 more jobs to be had in this town, at any rate of pay.

Are you claiming those people are not unemployed?
lol. I am only claiming that is not ceteris paribus. You seem to not understand that economic concept either.

lol. I am only claiming that is not ceteris paribus. You seem to not understand that economic concept either.

I understand that the translation is "with other conditions remaining the same".

I also understand that you only added that caveat after you were called out for being wrong.

...because of underpayment.

Only right-wingers project and claim everyone else "cheats".

Underpayment and a lack of jobs.

Did you quit your job because of underpayment? If so, what would be enough for you to go back to work and be one of those you talk about when you say "Only fools and horses work"?

And neither has 160 years of laisez faire capitalism when the railroads, banks, and corporations have run the government. What little govenment has done, like Social security, unemloyment insurance, public hospitals, etc, has made a lot of difference. Whether the right wing Social Darwinists like that or not is pretty much moot; see the last couple of decades of election wins and losses for how that works.
Both parties suck.

The republican governor of TN recently complained that the state had 250,000 job openings posted in the private sector. When asked about them he said they were good paying jobs and kept to his rant.

A review of the posted jobs showed that less than 4K of them paid over $20,000 per year and few of those had benefits.

Last edited:
Panhandling: How Much Money Do Panhandlers Make? Can It Even Make Money?

US job openings surge to record 9.3 million in April

There are quite a few panhandlers that i see day to day. I have decided to make a new sign for when i pass them.

THERE ARE 9.1 MILLION JOB OPENINGS
IN JOE BIDEN'S ECONOMY!
WHY DONT YOU QUIT
BEING A PANHANDLER AND GET A JOB
WHERE YOU CAN MAKE
SOMETHING OF
YOURSELF?
There are a select few where this is the best they can do but that is the exception rather than the rule. I have no sympathy of most of these people because I work and pay taxes while they beg for money under the table. Most of the poor who were true victims of Covid actually earned more than when they had been working, through unemployment, stimulus payments, and not having to pay rent.

Forum List

Back