Interesting article on guns in Japan

Many people who simply don't go looking for reality.

Some of the highest crime rates in the world are in pretty homogeneous populations.

The highest rate is Honduras. 90% mestizo. Go figure.
That is true, but clearly in Japan nearly all the people have the same religion and race.

Do you deny that differences in religion and race, often lead to violence?

Yes, they can do. Often when others use such things to whip up such sentiment, rather than because it exists naturally.

I've been to Malaysia where race and religion co-exist quite peacefully side by side. You have Chinese, Indian and Malays, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Hindus living side by side.

Then you have Rwanda, where you have Hutus and Tutsis, the same people but classified by the Belgians, who ended up killing each other because someone imposed something artificial on them.

Japan is generally all Japanese, they have a portion of foreigners in the country, like 2% and they have some people who have gained citizenship over time. That doesn't mean there aren't differences between the people.

Often what people call "indoctrination" is what keeps people together. It's happening in China. There's only one language in China, it's Chinese. Cantonese is merely a dialect of Chinese, as is Mandarin, and my joke is that English is also considered such a dialect. Forcing people to accept that they are Americans, that they are Japanese, that they are Chinese etc, is all part of this "indoctrination" which helps people feel the same.

In the US this has happened a lot, but obviously they haven't managed to transcend the race barrier, and it's not hard to see why. Slavery was followed by Segregation which was followed by a long period in some states where black people were treated unfairly. Even now black people feel different, and it's easy to see why. They have a higher poverty rate, a lower education achievement, then you have white supremacists all over the place, but more in the Deep South and in places like Idaho etc.

People want to have their own identity, others try and force identity to stop violence for petty reasons. Others try and use such divisions for their own goals. Making divisions is far easier than destroying them, and it's a lot easier to get people worked up over such divisions that they'll vote for you. Look at Trump, he did it. He put a wedge between people and it worked for him, the far righters love him.
:lmao::lmao:
Go ahead punch yourself in the face, Muslims will never and have never tolerated any other religion/faith if they control the country they live in. Snowflake
:fu:
I don't think leftists know this about Muslims. Most on the Left know nothing of history or have distorted it to fit they crazy narrative.

They still bring up the Crusades to justify Islamic murder...when anyone who has studied the Crusades knows it was an effort by Christians to stop Muslims from murdering Christians. The Crusades would never have happened had Islam been peaceful.
True, if a country is controlled by Muslims they literally kill all other faiths/religions they absolutely will not tolerate them … Fact
Of course this is a fact. Islam grew by the sword...all of us who have bothered to study it, know this. Many on the left do not...and will dispute it.

How Japan has almost eradicated gun crime - BBC News

Ever been to Japan? I have, much safer, nice country. Why? Well maybe because they actually give a damn about their people and their country.

There is a lot more going on than the presence, or absence of guns regarding Japan. The differences are far more than who has a pistol, or rifle, and who doesn't. There are cultural differences that are almost beyond the imagining of people.

I watched a documentary about the Fukushima disaster. It was filmed after the disaster of course, and all the workers except the manager had their faces blurred. The reason according to the documentary was that the workers were ashamed that the accident had happened, and did not wish to have their faces shown to the world, or their neighbors.

We blur faces, but when there is a child involved, or some imaginary threat to the individual. A security reason, we don't want the terrorists to know that the guy talking is a special forces soldier or spy.

Also in the documentary, the refugees were eating government handout food. One man sighed and said that the food was always the same, and it would be nice to have some variety. Another set his chop sticks down and said he couldn't eat it, it was not good food. None of them rushed to the counter screaming or shouting. None of them were pounding on the table demanding better food. They took it, and ate it, or not.

For a vast majority of Japanese, conformity is not just a general rule that should be followed, it's practically a commandment. When they do go into a criminal lifestyle, the main group is their version of the Mob, the Yakuza. Failure is not accepted, and to beg forgiveness you sacrifice a finger.

But it's more than just the conformity social norm. It's the obedience norm. If a man gets fired, he doesn't want revenge for firing him. He is ashamed because he did not work hard enough, was not good enough, and failed. The fault is his, not the company, nor the world. In America, when you fire someone, there is a chance that the guy or girl will come back and want revenge. Because they are the ones who are special, they have been told so through their entire life.

There is a lot going on between the two societies, and I haven't even chipped away at the iceberg. To join Japan in the low murder rates, we would have to do a lot more that abandon guns. That's the same surface, and addresses nothing underneath that surface. Are you willing to bow and show respect to a Republican President? Are you willing to unquestionably accept him as the leader?

I am independent enough to believe that those in power above me are not always right. And I want the freedom to tell you that you are missing the point of pretty much everything in the comparison.

Yes, of course there are differences, and massive differences. I've been to Japan and at times felt lost.

That doesn't mean that Japan's strict gun laws don't stop murders. It might mean that you have to be careful and understand the context of something.

However EVERY first world country has a lower murder rate than the US. People try and pass off all comparisons because they know they're onto a losing thing.
:lmao:
Just pick a place in the red and violent crime is almost nonexistent, firearms outnumber people by many, many times over in these areas, in the blue areas people outnumber firearms… And violent crime is off the charts.
Just the concept of more gun control is as shallow as you can get, that foolishness never works. dip shit

countymapredbluer1024.png

They also have an extremely homogeneous population. Many suspect this has much to do with low crime rates in Japan.

Some of the highest crime rates in the world are in pretty homogeneous populations.

That is true, but clearly in Japan nearly all the people have the same religion and race.

Yes, they can do. Often when others use such things to whip up such sentiment, rather than because it exists naturally.

I've been to Malaysia where race and religion co-exist quite peacefully side by side. You have Chinese, Indian and Malays, Christians, Muslims, Buddhists and Hindus living side by side.

Then you have Rwanda, where you have Hutus and Tutsis, the same people but classified by the Belgians, who ended up killing each other because someone imposed something artificial on them.

Japan is generally all Japanese, they have a portion of foreigners in the country, like 2% and they have some people who have gained citizenship over time. That doesn't mean there aren't differences between the people.

Often what people call "indoctrination" is what keeps people together. It's happening in China. There's only one language in China, it's Chinese. Cantonese is merely a dialect of Chinese, as is Mandarin, and my joke is that English is also considered such a dialect. Forcing people to accept that they are Americans, that they are Japanese, that they are Chinese etc, is all part of this "indoctrination" which helps people feel the same.

In the US this has happened a lot, but obviously they haven't managed to transcend the race barrier, and it's not hard to see why. Slavery was followed by Segregation which was followed by a long period in some states where black people were treated unfairly. Even now black people feel different, and it's easy to see why. They have a higher poverty rate, a lower education achievement, then you have white supremacists all over the place, but more in the Deep South and in places like Idaho etc.

People want to have their own identity, others try and force identity to stop violence for petty reasons. Others try and use such divisions for their own goals. Making divisions is far easier than destroying them, and it's a lot easier to get people worked up over such divisions that they'll vote for you. Look at Trump, he did it. He put a wedge between people and it worked for him, the far righters love him.
Go ahead punch yourself in the face, Muslims will never and have never tolerated any other religion/faith if they control the country they live in. Snowflake
I don't think leftists know this about Muslims. Most on the Left know nothing of history or have distorted it to fit they crazy narrative.

They still bring up the Crusades to justify Islamic murder...when anyone who has studied the Crusades knows it was an effort by Christians to stop Muslims from murdering Christians. The Crusades would never have happened had Islam been peaceful.

I know a lot about Muslims, I've been to various Muslim countries in Africa and Asia, and have Muslim friends. I also know about the history of Islam, and yet I get told by people with no clue how wrong I am.

I know a lot about Muslims, I've been to various Muslim countries in Africa and Asia, and have Muslim friends. I also know about the history of Islam, and yet I get told by people with no clue how wrong I am.
The fact remains, if Muslims CONTROL the country they live in THEY kill other faiths/religions… Fact
If the people do not convert to their religion they're killed by decapitation or thrown off rooftops and the like.

So...because you know Muslims and have been to Muslim countries, you deny that Islam grew by the sword. Is that right?

I grew up near Dearborn Mi. I knew a few Muslims and got to know their culture. I found nearly all were nice good people. This in no way prevents me from understanding the history of Islam.

Why do you deny reality?

So...because you know Muslims and have been to Muslim countries, you deny that Islam grew by the sword. Is that right?

I grew up near Dearborn Mi. I knew a few Muslims and got to know their culture. I found nearly all were nice good people. This in no way prevents me from understanding the history of Islam.

Why do you deny reality?

I know what Islam is, and I don't particularly like Islam. Christianity and Islam are the two largest religions because they used violence.

You're asking me why I deny reality, but you have no idea what I think. How's that working for you?

nobody cares about guns in Japan

Right..... that's why there's a topic on here and people are replying to it.

Nah.........gun control in America in 2017 is a dead issue. Never been more unpopular. Very few care. Discussion of guns in Japan is akin to group navel contemplation.

It would be like me going into the SPORTS forum and starting a discussion about the Winnipeg Jets of the NHL.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

This is a POLITICS forum........idk.......never could see discussing topics that are politically irrelevant.:dunno:

Why do you deny reality?

I know what Islam is, and I don't particularly like Islam. Christianity and Islam are the two largest religions because they used violence.

You're asking me why I deny reality, but you have no idea what I think. How's that working for you?
Christianity is a faith, Islam is a cult… Big difference Jackweed

Nah.........gun control in America in 2017 is a dead issue. Never been more unpopular. Very few care. Discussion of guns in Japan is akin to group navel contemplation.

It would be like me going into the SPORTS forum and starting a discussion about the Winnipeg Jets of the NHL.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

This is a POLITICS forum........idk.......never could see discussing topics that are politically irrelevant.:dunno:

Unless of course you know people who aren't Republicans. Then go to the sports forum, this is for politics.

What about crime in general?

Whether crime is committed with guns, knives, baseball bats, hammers, or screwdrivers is not really relevant.

Crime is still crime.

Would you rather face done a gun, or anyone of the items you listed? Me, I'd take my chances with the latter, the former gives one no chance.

If you have your own gun you have even better odds, especially considering most criminals will run away or surrender when faced with an armed civilian.
They also have an extremely homogeneous population. Many suspect this has much to do with low crime rates in Japan.

You might be onto something. Which religion is that?

Unless of course you know people who aren't Republicans. Then go to the sports forum, this is for politics.
So you don't know anything about sports either? :lol:

Why do you deny reality?

They USE violence! WTF!

Are you claiming there is no difference TODAY between Islam and Christianity?

If you have your own gun you have even better odds, especially considering most criminals will run away or surrender when faced with an armed civilian.

Violence is often caused by differences in race, religion, and culture. Hence, in Japan these differences do not exist. Hence, violence is lessened because of this. Yes? No?

No.

Violence is often caused by differences in race, religion, and culture. Hence, in Japan these differences do not exist. Hence, violence is lessened because of this. Yes? No?

No.
Yes.

How Japan has almost eradicated gun crime - BBC News

Ever been to Japan? I have, much safer, nice country. Why? Well maybe because they actually give a damn about their people and their country.

There is a lot more going on than the presence, or absence of guns regarding Japan. The differences are far more than who has a pistol, or rifle, and who doesn't. There are cultural differences that are almost beyond the imagining of people.

I watched a documentary about the Fukushima disaster. It was filmed after the disaster of course, and all the workers except the manager had their faces blurred. The reason according to the documentary was that the workers were ashamed that the accident had happened, and did not wish to have their faces shown to the world, or their neighbors.

We blur faces, but when there is a child involved, or some imaginary threat to the individual. A security reason, we don't want the terrorists to know that the guy talking is a special forces soldier or spy.

Also in the documentary, the refugees were eating government handout food. One man sighed and said that the food was always the same, and it would be nice to have some variety. Another set his chop sticks down and said he couldn't eat it, it was not good food. None of them rushed to the counter screaming or shouting. None of them were pounding on the table demanding better food. They took it, and ate it, or not.

For a vast majority of Japanese, conformity is not just a general rule that should be followed, it's practically a commandment. When they do go into a criminal lifestyle, the main group is their version of the Mob, the Yakuza. Failure is not accepted, and to beg forgiveness you sacrifice a finger.

But it's more than just the conformity social norm. It's the obedience norm. If a man gets fired, he doesn't want revenge for firing him. He is ashamed because he did not work hard enough, was not good enough, and failed. The fault is his, not the company, nor the world. In America, when you fire someone, there is a chance that the guy or girl will come back and want revenge. Because they are the ones who are special, they have been told so through their entire life.

There is a lot going on between the two societies, and I haven't even chipped away at the iceberg. To join Japan in the low murder rates, we would have to do a lot more that abandon guns. That's the same surface, and addresses nothing underneath that surface. Are you willing to bow and show respect to a Republican President? Are you willing to unquestionably accept him as the leader?

I am independent enough to believe that those in power above me are not always right. And I want the freedom to tell you that you are missing the point of pretty much everything in the comparison.

Oh wow! You must be like an expert or something.

The Japanese culture is much different than the US culture. Our entertainment is much more violent than most of the world, the family unit is not as strong as the other countries.

Forum List

Back