Intelligent Design and Evolution?

The devil isn't interested in confusing those books.
Haha...uh, the devil CAN'T confuse those books. You see, the magical nonsense that is your made up devil can only confuse the magical nonsense that is your religion. Physics theories are unaffected by the magical bullshit.
And yet the laws of nature are such that they predestined beings that know and create would eventually arise given enough time and the right conditions.

Haha...uh, the devil CAN'T confuse those books. You see, the magical nonsense that is your made up devil can only confuse the magical nonsense that is your religion. Physics theories are unaffected by the magical bullshit.
And yet the laws of nature are such that they predestined beings that know and create would eventually arise given enough time and the right conditions.
The laws predestined our existence? How? The universe is chaotic. And who is to say that different laws would have produced nothing like us? One cannot possibly know the truth of that.

The laws predestined our existence? How? The universe is chaotic. And who is to say that different laws would have produced nothing like us? One cannot possibly know the truth of that.
So then it is your belief that we just randomly appeared? Or maybe it was a creative act of God?

You do realize we live in a deterministic universe that is governed by rules, right?

Is intelligent design merely an abstact concept or is there an official, documented dogma that articulates precisely what a believer in I.D. actually believes? If it is merely an abstract concept, how can it really contradict the theory of evolution? Could not the evolutionary process be the foundation of such an intelligent design? The cynic in me views it as a largely failed politcal ploy, concocted by science-hating creationists, but I could be wrong. Any thoughts?
Why would it interfere with the concept of evolution?

Intelligent Design considers the fact that a Creator incorporated a means by which the universe evolves and grows. Consider that if something (we'll call it a God) was powerful enough to create the entire universe, then this creator was also intelligent enough to ensure that the inner workings of life and creation were able to sustain itself without guidance, or a 'hands-on' approach. Consider it part of that free will thing.

So then it is your belief that we just randomly appeared?
No. Even if I were 100% certain of any one history of us and of the universe, selection is not random. It is the opposote of random.

Do I believe it was purposeful? No. I see no need whatsoever to adopt that hypothesis.

No. Even if I were 100% certain of any one history of us and of the universe, selection is not random. It is the opposote of random.

Do I believe it was purposeful? No. I see no need whatsoever to adopt that hypothesis.
Stop skipping steps.

Do you believe we live in a deterministic universe governed by rules?

You do realize we live in a deterministic universe that is governed by rules, right
But that doesn't enable you to predict all future states from initial conditions, because of chaos and because of uncertainty in all measurements, down to the smallest measurements, due to quantum fluctuation.

You do realize we live in a deterministic universe that is governed by rules, right
But that doesn't enable you to predict all future states from initial conditions, because of chaos and because of uncertainty in all measurements, down to the smallest measurements, due to quantum fluctuation.
Quantum mechanics cannot violate the natural laws at the macro level. Do you even science?

Do you believe in cause and effect?
Already addressed above.
So then you agree that there is nothing that has happened in the history of the universe that was not governed by the laws of nature.

I am about to start making this guy argue against science.
You are not about to unveil a big surprise. Your argument is tired and old. Go ahead, just lay it all out. No need to be shy.
I've never been accused of that.

Do you believe the potential for consciousness and/or intelligence existed when space and time were created?
Just make your point.
Sorry this has to be done in steps. Do you believe the potential for consciousness and/or intelligence existed when space and time were created?

I am about to start making this guy argue against science.
You are not about to unveil a big surprise. Your argument is tired and old. Go ahead, just lay it all out. No need to be shy.
I've never been accused of that.

Do you believe the potential for consciousness and/or intelligence existed when space and time were created?
Just make your point.
Sorry this has to be done in steps. Do you believe the potential for consciousness and/or intelligence existed when space and time were created?
It does not have to be done in steps. I am not here to be interrogated. Make your argument.

Forum List

Back