Intelligent Design and Evolution?

The so what is that the universe was created so that intelligence could exist.

....which is a magical, untestable idea that is not required to explain anything, which yields no useful predictions, and which, itself, explains exactly nothing, as it merely replaces one mystery with another.
There is nothing magical about it.

What exactly makes you think you are some expert on science anyway?

Actually, life isn't everywhere. In fact, life, is pretty freaking rare. If all the sand in the Gobi desert represented all the matter and energy in the universe, one grain of sand would represent all the life in the universe. That's how rare life is in the universe.

With that said, it does appear that we live in a universe where the laws of nature are such that given enough time and the right conditions, beings that know and create will eventually arise.
And why shouldn't life arise then throughout the universe?
Only where the conditions are right and enough time has passed.

How does it feel to believe that the laws of nature pre-ordained intelligent life to exist?
Yes, the laws of nature allow us to exist, so what?

Conditions are likely right all over the universe for life and enough time has passed for sure. Within a short time, say 20 years, we'll likely find life in our own solar system outside of earth.
No. Not all over the universe. Just as stars have Goldilocks zones, galaxies have Goldilocks zones as well. So even if a planet was in the Goldilocks zone of a star, the star is not guaranteed of being in the Goldilocks zone of the galaxy.

But you ask so what? The so what is that the universe was created so that intelligence could exist.
Not in every corner of the universe, but throughout, yes.

You don't know why the universe was created. End of.
Sure I do. You don't.

You can't know what something is by how it starts out. You can only know what it is from how it turns out. This is why there are no transitional fossils.

....which is a magical, untestable idea that is not required to explain anything, which yields no useful predictions, and which, itself, explains exactly nothing, as it merely replaces one mystery with another.

Of course it's magic. You just object to your religious beliefs being called "magic", because you think they are special.

Of course it's magic. You just object to your religious beliefs being called "magic", because you think they are special.
I haven't gotten within one hundred miles of God. The only one talking about God is you.

Nothing magical about it, bro. You have a hard on for religion. Is that magical too or can it be explained?

Nothing magical about it, bro. You have a hard on for religion. Is that magical too or can it be explained?
Of course it's magic, and you would agree with me 100% of the time about such stupid, magical ideas, except for when it comes to the magic you like.

Religion? Nah, religion gets no special treatment from me. It gets put right on the same shelf as every other ridiculous, magical idea, like anti-vaxx nonsense, anti-fluoride nonsense, astrology, witchcraft, essential oils, straight chiropractry, etc.

Of course it's magic, and you would agree with me 100% of the time about such stupid, magical ideas, except for when it comes to the magic you like.

Religion? Nah, religion gets no special treatment from me. It gets put right on the same shelf as every other ridiculous, magical idea, like anti-vaxx nonsense, anti-fluoride nonsense, astrology, witchcraft, essential oils, straight chiropractry, etc.
So you think the laws of nature are magic. Good to know.

Not at all. So are you saying nature is god? The universe is deterministic , just how god designed it? Fine by me. Those ideas don't get in anyone's way.

life creates itself through the metaphysical axioms, the natural laws of the universe and physics - randomly of one type or another as its own designer.

Not at all. So are you saying nature is god? The universe is deterministic , just how god designed it? Fine by me. Those ideas don't get in anyone's way.
The picture cannot be the painter.

How can anyone say that the universe is not deterministic? They can't. There has never been an uncaused event. The potential for intelligence existed before space and time were created because intelligence is programmed into the laws of nature. Everything is information. Information is the language of intelligence.

And why shouldn't life arise then throughout the universe?

How does it feel to believe that the laws of nature pre-ordained intelligent life to exist?

Conditions are likely right all over the universe for life and enough time has passed for sure. Within a short time, say 20 years, we'll likely find life in our own solar system outside of earth.
No. Not all over the universe. Just as stars have Goldilocks zones, galaxies have Goldilocks zones as well. So even if a planet was in the Goldilocks zone of a star, the star is not guaranteed of being in the Goldilocks zone of the galaxy.

But you ask so what? The so what is that the universe was created so that intelligence could exist.

Sure I do. You don't.

You can't know what something is by how it starts out. You can only know what it is from how it turns out. This is why there are no transitional fossils.
Sorry, I don't argue with stupid, as you can only speculate why the universe exists. As for transitional fossils, there are plenty, look it up. And as an example, you're a transitional being between complete retard and retard.

Sure I do. You don't.

Sorry, I don't argue with stupid, as you can only speculate why the universe exists. As for transitional fossils, there are plenty, look it up. And as an example, you're a transitional being between complete retard and retard.
Everything is speculation, Taz. You are speculating. Nothing wrong with speculation when it is used to fit the existing data. That's what science does, Taz.

No, Taz, there are not many transitional fossils. In fact, much of what we have surmised has been from what we see in the mammal fossil record. They use that as a proxy for periods prior to mammals. The farther back in time you go, the less data there is that is available for analysis. But I'm willing to be proven wrong. Go ahead and show me the basis for your belief and I'll consider it, Taz.

As for speculating on the purpose of the universe, we have tons of data and evidence for that. Everything which happened from creation until now. If you created something tangible, could I use that as evidence to learn something about you?

Sure I do. You don't.

Everything is speculation, Taz. You are speculating. Nothing wrong with speculation when it is used to fit the existing data. That's what science does, Taz.

No, Taz, there are not many transitional fossils. In fact, much of what we have surmised has been from what we see in the mammal fossil record. They use that as a proxy for periods prior to mammals. The farther back in time you go, the less data there is that is available for analysis. But I'm willing to be proven wrong. Go ahead and show me the basis for your belief and I'll consider it, Taz.

As for speculating on the purpose of the universe, we have tons of data and evidence for that. Everything which happened from creation until now. If you created something tangible, could I use that as evidence to learn something about you?
It's pointless to argue with someone who denies evolution, those people's brains are simply stuck in the stupid gear.

But glad that you admit that you're just "speculating" about the universe.

No, Taz, there are not many transitional fossils.

that's because the change occurs gnomically over time till completed or transitional stages when necessary before the final physical example as the last step is produced in a single generational change.

What else could the reports of extraterrestrial intelligences, living creatures that resembled human beings with the semblance of a hand, visiting people with teachings about how to avoid destruction be if not just that?
Lies, hallucinations, or mistakes of the observers, of course.

I would go with an altered state of consciousness....what was perceived, not necessarily imaginary..
But that wouldnt take an altered state. I once perceived the disappearance of an elephant, during a David Copperfield TV special.

Sure. it could have been strange people who had achieved flight coming down from the sky from the other side of the planet instead of the other side of the galaxy.
Or neither...

of course. Whatever the truth is, one thing for sure is that such reports spanning thousands of years have affected the course of human evolution for good or evil depending on how you look at things,..

It would be silly to not investigate reports of otherworldly creatures from the past if we are seeking evidence of otherworldly intelligences now knowing that there is no invisible sky fairy living in the clouds but there may be higher forms of intelligent life living on the world of a distant star system who have mastered time and space and are capable of communicating directly to the minds of mortal men ..

Intelligent design is a coping strategy designed to allow religious belief to coexist with the ever increasing knowledge science is bestowing upon humanity.

Lies, hallucinations, or mistakes of the observers, of course.

I would go with an altered state of consciousness....what was perceived, not necessarily imaginary..
But that wouldnt take an altered state. I once perceived the disappearance of an elephant, during a David Copperfield TV special.

Sure. it could have been strange people who had achieved flight coming down from the sky from the other side of the planet instead of the other side of the galaxy.
Or neither...

of course. Whatever the truth is, one thing for sure is that such reports spanning thousands of years have affected the course of human evolution for good or evil depending on how you look at things,..

It would be silly to not investigate reports of otherworldly creatures from the past if we are seeking evidence of otherworldly intelligences now knowing that there is no invisible sky fairy living in the clouds but there may be higher forms of intelligent life living on the world of a distant star system who have mastered time and space and are capable of communicating directly to the minds of mortal men ..
Investigate away, sir.

The picture cannot be the painter.

How can anyone say that the universe is not deterministic? They can't. There has never been an uncaused event. The potential for intelligence existed before space and time were created because intelligence is programmed into the laws of nature. Everything is information. Information is the language of intelligence.
While that is a pretty series of authoritative statements, it is not an argument. Nor is it supported by a shred of evidence. It explains nothing, and it provides no useful predictions.

Or neither...

Investigate away, sir.
lol.. aye aye captain!

I have a notebook, a pencil, a magnifying glass, an intergalactic translator and my secret decoder ring!

I'm on it!

tenor-1.gif

Last edited:

Forum List

Back