Intelligence Test Given To Tea Party Members

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
The government wastes $400,000 of our money in an attempt to show that Tea Party members aren't quite up to snuff and when they find that they're actually smarter than the average American, the study gets lost.

Funny how that works out, huh?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iefOUb3ClWE]Wastebook: Government Spent $400K On Tea Party Intelligence Study - Allen West On The Record - YouTube[/ame]

Oh look, even more fun:

These federally funded studies were not "of the tea party's cognitive abilities":
nsfstudies.png

This not a federally funded study (it's neither federally funded nor a study):

Not very reflective tea-party/Republicans

These are not very reflective tea party/republicans:
very_high_crt.png

But all of this is pretty amazing. Someone should study this. With an NSF grant.

When and who will the first lefty come in and say "Faux News" and not address the factual findings?

Lost?

Hmmm. Yale Law “Cultural Cognition Project” website.

OP Lies. Funny how that works.

So you knew about it before I posted it?

Who else in here..... ANYBODY that knew about the report before I posted it?

I didn't. I follow the news more than anybody in here. Anybody.

Now that doesn't mean I can't miss something, but I didn't hear about it.

Anybody, be honest, anybody know about this report before I posted it?

No, you didn't. If a Conservative knew about it, they would have posted about it.

Know how many times your side has called TPM stupid? Uneducated? Backward? Rednecks? Uneducated?

And do you think that if a study like this had been exposed to the public that one of us wouldn't have found it and shoved up your ass?

If you know what you're looking for, you can find it. That's easy. But if you have no clue that something like that exists.....

You're the liar.

Lost?

No, you didn't. If a Conservative knew about it, they would have posted about it.

Know how many times your side has called TPM stupid? Uneducated? Backward? Rednecks? Uneducated?

And do you think that if a study like this had been exposed to the public that one of us wouldn't have found it and shoved up your ass?

If you know what you're looking for, you can find it. That's easy. But if you have no clue that something like that exists.....

You're the liar.
Er, there were at least a couple of threads on it here, dude.

It made a blast in the CEC when it came out.

Not our fault you weren't paying attention.

Lost?

You're the liar.
Er, there were at least a couple of threads on it here, dude.

It made a blast in the CEC when it came out.

Not our fault you weren't paying attention.

News to me. Like I said, I miss things. But if this had turned out to be the other way around, do you think that the alphabet media wouldn't be trumpeting it like Gabriel's Horn? Of course they would.

Every day in here, one of your diseased pals calls TPM stupid. EVERY day

Turns out, we're smarter than the average American. Which means we're a LOT smarter than you.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Let's say this study was not just about Tea Party members. Did they do the Black Panthers? Did they do ACORN or whomever they became?

I agree that I had not heard of this before and if this went the other way it would be all over the air waves.

Let's say this study was not just about Tea Party members. Did they do the Black Panthers? Did they do ACORN or whomever they became?

I agree that I had not heard of this before and if this went the other way it would be all over the air waves.
From the study:

on average, people who leaned liberal were more science literate than those who leaned conservative.

I'm not saying that Kahan had an ax to grind, but read what he says in his own study....

He gets a couple points for his honesty, but then immediately regresses back into his prejudicial happy place

But then again, I don't know a single person who identifies with the Tea Party. All my impressions come from watching cable tv -- & I don't watch Fox News very often -- and reading the "paper" (New York Times daily, plus a variety of politics-focused internet sites like Huffington Post & Politico).

I'm a little embarrassed, but mainly I'm just glad that I no longer hold this particular mistaken view.

Of course, I still subscribe to my various political and moral assessments--all very negative-- of what I understand the "Tea Party movement" to stand for. I just no longer assume that the people who happen to hold those values are less likely than people who share my political outlooks to have acquired the sorts of knowledge and dispositions that a decent science comprehension scale measures.

Admits he's wrong but won't change his political POV.

Sound like the typical libturd?

scumbag

The dataset happened to have an item in it that asked respondents if they considered themselves "part of the Tea Party movement." Nineteen percent said yes.

It turns out that there is about as strong a correlation between scores on the science comprehension scale and identifying with the Tea Party as there is between scores on the science comprehension scale and Conservrepub.

Except that it has the opposite sign: that is, identifying with the Tea Party correlates positively (r = 0.05, p = 0.05) with scores on the science comprehension measure:

tpscic.png

Again, the relationship is trivially small, and can't possibly be contributing in any way to the ferocious conflicts over decision-relevant science that we are experiencing.

I've got to confess, though, I found this result surprising. As I pushed the button to run the analysis on my computer, I fully expected I'd be shown a modest negative correlation between identifying with the Tea Party and science comprehension.

But then again, I don't know a single person who identifies with the Tea Party. All my impressions come from watching cable tv -- & I don't watch Fox News very often -- and reading the "paper" (New York Times daily, plus a variety of politics-focused internet sites like Huffington Post & Politico).

I'm a little embarrassed, but mainly I'm just glad that I no longer hold this particular mistaken view.

Of course, I still subscribe to my various political and moral assessments--all very negative-- of what I understand the "Tea Party movement" to stand for. I just no longer assume that the people who happen to hold those values are less likely than people who share my political outlooks to have acquired the sorts of knowledge and dispositions that a decent science comprehension scale measures.

www.culturalcognition.net - Cultural Cognition Blog - Some data on education, religiosity, ideology, and science*comprehension

Forum List

Back