Intelligence Test Given To Tea Party Members

I'm not gonna waste my daily video allocation on that, but I wouldn't put Tom Coburn in with the tea party. I don't always agree with him, but he's logical.

How desperate to the leftists have to be, to commission a Federal study on how intelligent smaller-govt people are?

Every time I start thinking the liberals can't possibly get any loonier, they turn around and prove me wrong.

Best part is where their attempt to dig up things to bash conservatives for, backfires in their faces, and shows that the leftists themselves are the dumber ones.

-----------------------------------------

Wastebook: Government Spent $400K On Tea Party Intelligence Study ? Allen West On The Record | Nice Deb

Government Spent $400K On Tea Party Intelligence Study – Allen West On The Record

December, 18, 2013 — nicedeb

Senator Tom Coburn released the 2013 edition of the annual Wastebook on Capitol Hill, Tuesday, and it is filled with enraging examples of federal spending.

Greta Van Susteren wants to know why the federal government thought it was necessary to fork over almost $400,000 to do a study the cognitive abilities of tea party members. The “surprising” conclusion of the study showed that tea party members have a better scientific comprehension than non tea party members.

Wow. Who could have guessed that people who tend to be pro-life, pro-family, pro-oil, hunting, fishing, meat eating, manmade-global-warming skeptics would have better scientific comprehension than liberals? But- to be fair – I’m sure libs leave us in the dust in the self-esteem department.

people who can think for themselves, as ALL TP members do - that's why they started the movement - always have higher cognitive abilities than the sheeple which has to be led, as our leftard friends :D

duh

How desperate to the leftists have to be, to commission a Federal study on how intelligent smaller-govt people are?

Every time I start thinking the liberals can't possibly get any loonier, they turn around and prove me wrong.

Best part is where their attempt to dig up things to bash conservatives for, backfires in their faces, and shows that the leftists themselves are the dumber ones.

Wastebook: Government Spent $400K On Tea Party Intelligence Study ? Allen West On The Record | Nice Deb

Government Spent $400K On Tea Party Intelligence Study – Allen West On The Record

Senator Tom Coburn released the 2013 edition of the annual Wastebook on Capitol Hill, Tuesday, and it is filled with enraging examples of federal spending.

Greta Van Susteren wants to know why the federal government thought it was necessary to fork over almost $400,000 to do a study the cognitive abilities of tea party members. The “surprising” conclusion of the study showed that tea party members have a better scientific comprehension than non tea party members.

Wow. Who could have guessed that people who tend to be pro-life, pro-family, pro-oil, hunting, fishing, meat eating, manmade-global-warming skeptics would have better scientific comprehension than liberals? But- to be fair – I’m sure libs leave us in the dust in the self-esteem department.

Please cite the original source of this "study." The link you provided was merely a blurb from one of the many, many Conservative Entertainment System affiliates.

people who can think for themselves, as ALL TP members do - that's why they started the movement - always have higher cognitive abilities than the sheeple which has to be led, as our leftard friends :D

duh

I don't know about the "intelligence" measures per se, since the OP did not specify any actual source documents or studies--however, I have always felt that Tea Party types exhibit certain sociopathies and antisocial behavior patterns. Not ALL of them, but a very good portion of them.

duh

I don't know about the "intelligence" measures per se, since the OP did not specify any actual source documents or studies--however, I have always felt that Tea Party types exhibit certain sociopathies and antisocial behavior patterns. Not ALL of them, but a very good portion of them.

Please cite and actual source document or study for your assertions here. Or else your feelings are null and void, and people here will call you a liar.

Sounded like bs so I googled the wastebook. ...Argh! It's even worse. But then, this is how government works kids. Until some Senator or Representative can author a bill minus any 'pork' no one's in any position to complain. Except me. I'm a-political.

"If you vote you have no right to complain." - George Carlin

duh

I guess if you keep telling yourself that, you may believe it to be true.

And the reason you feel that about Tea Partyers?

Wait. Don't tell me. Let me guess.

You have many friends that are tea partyers.

Sure you do.

No one doubts there are intelligence TPM members, they are for the most part ignorant, however.

Oddly I find liberals/Democrat voter/citizens to be the bigger bigots, anti education, hate and anti science party.

Most Dems it seems believe voting for someone based on skin color or gender is actually good, as well as hating groups of people because they are white is also credible...

Most Dems seem to hate better education over controlled education for all. As the DoE grows the quality of education has dramatically fallen.

Most Dems display their hate towards groups they don't like based on fictitious over exaggeration they themselves create.

Many Dems still believe in faith based economics, thinking a group of uber rich can dictate where money should come from, who gets it and where it should be allocated. Many Dems also believe in junk science such as GW, that can't be scientifically re-created and follows no provable theory what-so-ever. Most of what Dems base their science on is purely "faith based" just like their destructive views on economics. Whatever "feels" better out paces logic, reason and true science to many Dem voters.

Yet in every case Dems will tell you they are the cream of the crop, the tip of evolution... The highly educated party, despite all their failures.

Now, I'm not a republican. This thread is about the TPM vs Liberal's intelligent. I don't grant your average Republican voter much credibility on intelligence than the average Dem voter.

Here is a write-up about the study since I know Little Acorn probably won't be able to find it: Some data on education, religiosity, ideology, and science comprehension

Do you guys know what a lie of omission is?

Here is what West didn't mention:

Both science literacy and CRT have been shown to correlate negatively with religiosity. And there is, in turns out, a modest negative correlation (r = -0.26, p < 0.01) between the composite science comprehension measure and a religiosity scale formed by aggregating church attendance, frequency of prayer, and self-reported "importance of God" in the respondents' lives.

In this dataset, I found that there is a small correlation (r = -0.05, p = 0.03) between the science comprehension measure and a left-right political outlook measure, Conservrepub, which aggregates liberal-conservative ideology and party self-identification. The sign of the correlation indicates that science comprehension decreases as political outlooks move in the rightward direction--i.e., the more "liberal" and "Democrat," the more science comprehending.

So the left still scores higher than the right.

The author then assumed that since the Tea Party is more to the right than a "ConservRepub", that being a Tea Partier would have a negative correlation to science next to a ConservRepub.

The dataset happened to have an item in it that asked respondents if they considered themselves "part of the Tea Party movement." Nineteen percent said yes.

It turns out that there is about as strong a correlation between scores on the science comprehension scale and identifying with the Tea Party as there is between scores on the science comprehension scale and Conservrepub.

Except that it has the opposite sign: that is, identifying with the Tea Party correlates positively (r = 0.05, p = 0.05) with scores on the science comprehension measure:

A graph is depicted.

What West is too retarded to grasp is that the tests still show that the more leftward a person is, the better they are at science. But it also shows a Tea Party person has a better grasp of science than someone who identifies as a Conservative Republican.

Nope. It just shows Conservative Republicans are dumber than Tea Partiers.

Last edited:
Here is a write-up about the study since I know Little Acorn probably won't be able to find it: Some data on education, religiosity, ideology, and science comprehension

Both science literacy and CRT have been shown to correlate negatively with religiosity. And there is, in turns out, a modest negative correlation (r = -0.26, p < 0.01) between the composite science comprehension measure and a religiosity scale formed by aggregating church attendance, frequency of prayer, and self-reported "importance of God" in the respondents' lives.

In this dataset, I found that there is a small correlation (r = -0.05, p = 0.03) between the science comprehension measure and a left-right political outlook measure, Conservrepub, which aggregates liberal-conservative ideology and party self-identification. The sign of the correlation indicates that science comprehension decreases as political outlooks move in the rightward direction--i.e., the more "liberal" and "Democrat," the more science comprehending.

The dataset happened to have an item in it that asked respondents if they considered themselves "part of the Tea Party movement." Nineteen percent said yes.

It turns out that there is about as strong a correlation between scores on the science comprehension scale and identifying with the Tea Party as there is between scores on the science comprehension scale and Conservrepub.

Except that it has the opposite sign: that is, identifying with the Tea Party correlates positively (r = 0.05, p = 0.05) with scores on the science comprehension measure:

A graph is depicted.

What West is too retarded to grasp is that the tests still show that the more leftward a person is, the better they are at science. But it also shows a Tea Party person has a better grasp of science than someone who identifies as a Conservative Republican.

you are an ass.

A graph is depicted.

you are an ass.

What an intelligent riposte! :lol:

Sometimes I wonder how many online discussion site conservatives/liberals, dems/repubs really are what they claim. I wonder if some are the exact opposite and just talking poop to make the side they're pretending to be look really bad. Because some of ya do.

"Stay off my side." - "The Abyss"

duh

Please cite and actual source document or study for your assertions here. Or else your feelings are null and void, and people here will call you a liar.

Right. I'm going to start reeling off the names of those odd Tea Partiers that show up at the local truck stop to have their "Obama-grrr" meetings. The ones that fly confederate flags in the rear windows of their trucks. And you know that's the truth. Tea Partiers are some fucked-up individuals. Many are either retired or on disability.

Forum List

Back