Institutionalized racism... or are blacks just less employable?

Actually you can thank black people for that. Noone's forcing them to drop out of school. Noone's forcing them into crime. Noone's forcing them to learn nothing in school and turn in applications and resumes that are laughably pathetic.

Until black people take responsibility for their actions, then nothing will change. Blame Reagan, liberals, conservatives, Clinton, Bush or anything else. But until black people take their futures into their own hands and stop blaming everyone BUT themselves for their crappy life choices, then nothing will change. I feel no sympathy for them.

Actually I do feel a bit sorry. Its fairly easy to understand the resentment that occurs when our society tells blacks that they are equal in every way but then reality punishes them if they do not conform to the larger society's standards. It is much easier to blame racism than take a close look at your own behaviour.

the flip side of that is I think, that we abandoned the field due to some obscene 'white-guilt' decades ago.
It is an infamnia to say to blacks ; this or that behavior or attitude is self defeating, destructive, hateful or inappropriate. Few blacks can say it amongst their own.

No sect, race, creed, color, singularity etc. treated to a barrage of assistance and concomitant militant social upheaval that basically tells them they are victims to the inth degree and is surrounded by a cocoon devoid of criticism would turn out any other way.

Great post and well said. Personally, I think eventually that the truth will become known to black Americans and that this "It's whitey's fault!" mentality will fade and hopefully they can prosper.

A truly fantastic collection of prejudices, distortions, out and out bigotry, exaggerations, suppositions and conjecture, and just plain old racism.

And yet no one here deals with some simple truths:

-- One hundred years of Jim Crow laws AFTER slavery was ended...and that was about 1964.

-- The law that guaranteed my right to an equal education anywhere in the USA is only 56 years old.

-- "Red Lining" in real estate still exists....cases in Long Island New York during the late 1980's attest to that.

-- Two major employment agencies in New York settled out of court in the late 1980's after whistleblowers exposed them screening out black interview candidates for various corporate climates....DESPITE the candidates being aptly qualified.

-- The major recipients of welfare in the USA are single white female parents.

Add these little trinkets to the package being sold by various posters on this thread, and the assumed conclusions become questionable at best.

A truly fantastic collection of prejudices, distortions, out and out bigotry, exaggerations, suppositions and conjecture, and just plain old racism.

-- One hundred years of Jim Crow laws AFTER slavery was ended...and that was about 1964.

-- The law that guaranteed my right to an equal education anywhere in the USA is only 56 years old.

-- "Red Lining" in real estate still exists....cases in Long Island New York during the late 1980's attest to that.

-- Two major employment agencies in New York settled out of court in the late 1980's after whistleblowers exposed them screening out black interview candidates for various corporate climates....DESPITE the candidates being aptly qualified.

Add these little trinkets to the package being sold by various posters on this thread, and the assumed conclusions become questionable at best.

Yea, talking about the truth is bigoted etc etc etc. I have lived around, worked with and went to school with blacks for 30 years.

Eastern Europeans have suffered much worse and not knowing the language come to America and do well. Same applies for many ethnicities that come here. So why can't black Americans do the same ?

The law may be 56 years old, but how old are the black Americans that're dropping out of school ? Oh wait, they're dropping out because of racism !

Late 80's ? This is 2010. Got any more excuses for black failure ?

Read "The Bell Curve" which eloquently explains why blacks fare less well than whites in job attainment. 50% of the black population possess an IQ lower than 85, the demarcation for feeblemindendness, and 16% score below 70, which psychologist label retarded. Thus, A relatively large number of blacks are not very desirable employees, especially in the current job environment where a sizable pool of better qualified whites exists to fill vacant positions. Thats not to say no blacks are good employees, many are excellent. But lower black iq is inescapably going to lead to higher black unemployment in both robust and sluggish economies as long as intelligence differentiates good employees from bad.

56 years is a very long some. Multiplied by the aid, new social status afforded them, money, prgms., affirmative action, quotes etc etc ... that multiply the effect by magnitudes.

I don't think I need to remind you that immigrants came/come here poor, too, didn't/don't speak the language and got zip zero nada...look how far they get in 56 years....hispanics outstrip African Americans in just about every every quantifiable category starting from basically the same place and less, with less help.

Look at historical charts, if memory serves, prior to minimal wage laws, UE was pretty even among the races and age groups. It's sad but as long as more blacks drop out of school and more blacks don't learn a trade; among other things; the UE rate will be higher;imho; than that of their racial counterparts in other groups.

I think it has more to do with the economic policies of corporate america. We didn't have to start raising the minimal wage until we started letting corporate America control our country, and in the process started going after unions, and moving our jobs over seas. We have to raise minimal wage because people have to survive on it now.
You can thank Reagan for high number of poor uneducated people in this country, and for destroying black america.

that's the problem: you "think". typical left winger "thinking", but never KNOWING.

is there anything you can't blame the democrats for cg?

if you paid real attention, mani, you would know that i often blame both sides. I certainly view all politicians with equal contempt.... However, on this particular subject.... It is the dems that have failed the minorities. They set themselves up as the 'party of minorities' and treat them like children.

while the right treats them like adults.

^fixed

Yea, talking about the truth is bigoted etc etc etc. I have lived around, worked with and went to school with blacks for 30 years.

So what? Go to any website with white supremacists and neo-nazi's reign and they'll claim the same thing as PROOF of all their allegations and assertions are truth and fact for all black Americans in America. But all one has to do is a little honest research to shred their tapestry of racism and bigotry.

Eastern Europeans have suffered much worse and not knowing the language come to America and do well. Same applies for many ethnicities that come here. So why can't black Americans do the same ?

Tell you what...when you can provide a documented history of "eastern Europeans" being slaves hauled over here in the bowels of ships and sold and treated like cattle and work horses for a century or so BEFORE we became a country; when you can provide a documented history of "eastern Europeans" required major changes the Constitutions and a myriad of federal statutes enacted in order to be treated as human beings and given equal protection under the law as recognized citizens....you might have a case. Mind you, I don't want your opinion, supposition or conjecture...I want historically documented facts from you. I'll wait.

The law may be 56 years old, but how old are the black Americans that're dropping out of school ? Oh wait, they're dropping out because of racism !

How many years do these "statistics" go back? What's the historical comparison rates? No one is denying a high drop out rate among blacks, but it's always fascinating to watch racists ignore certain facts in order to draw their conclusion.

Late 80's ? This is 2010. Got any more excuses for black failure ?

So everything is just all hunky dory during the last twenty five years, according to you? I just pulled out a famous case from my memory....unfortunately these things just don't go away on one celebrated case. Here, for your education:

Fair Housing Groups Document Spike in Housing Complaints - The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights

Justice Department Files Lawsuit Alleging Racial Discrimination at Ann Arbor, Michigan, Apartment Complex | Michigan RealEstateRama

Redlining: the Justice Department cases. | Government > Government Bodies & Offices from AllBusiness.com

Racial Discrimination in Employment

Read "The Bell Curve" which eloquently explains why blacks fare less well than whites in job attainment. 50% of the black population possess an IQ lower than 85, the demarcation for feeblemindendness, and 16% score below 70, which psychologist label retarded. Thus, A relatively large number of blacks are not very desirable employees, especially in the current job environment where a sizable pool of better qualified whites exists to fill vacant positions. Thats not to say no blacks are good employees, many are excellent. But lower black iq is inescapably going to lead to higher black unemployment in both robust and sluggish economies as long as intelligence differentiates good employees from bad.

The Bell Curve?!! Are you kidding me?!!? :lol:

That piece of racist rhetoric was discredited six ways to Sunday YEARS ago: Observe and learn from some examples:

'The Bell Curve’ and Its Sources
‘The Bell Curve’ and Its Sources | The New York Review of Books

The Bell Curve Flattened

The Bell Curve Flattened - By Nicholas Lemann - Slate Magazine

56 years is a very long some. Multiplied by the aid, new social status afforded them, money, prgms., affirmative action, quotes etc etc ... that multiply the effect by magnitudes.

I don't think I need to remind you that immigrants came/come here poor, too, didn't/don't speak the language and got zip zero nada...look how far they get in 56 years....hispanics outstrip African Americans in just about every every quantifiable category starting from basically the same place and less, with less help.

Here's my response to a similar group of assertions and assumptions:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...lacks-just-less-employable-4.html#post2709534

The trick to all of that aid is to take advantage of it then build from that. Instead we have a race that uses their ethnicity as a crutch and complains when you try to make them go to work. Koreans, Vietnamese, Hindus, Pakistanis, or any other nationality came to this country more recently and now they are on the same level as your average American and in some cases are doing better because of an excellent work ethic. Many of these new Americans are coming from countries that are economically depressed so of course they understand the value of a dollar. But if you continue to sit on your ass and collect entitlements you'll never grow.

The trick to all of that aid is to take advantage of it then build from that. Instead we have a race that uses their ethnicity as a crutch and complains when you try to make them go to work. Koreans, Vietnamese, Hindus, Pakistanis, or any other nationality came to this country more recently and now they are on the same level as your average American and in some cases are doing better because of an excellent work ethic. Many of these new Americans are coming from countries that are economically depressed so of course they understand the value of a dollar. But if you continue to sit on your ass and collect entitlements you'll never grow.

Amazing how the same ignorant, revisionist dreck can be repeated in so many varieties by anti-black American racists and bigots. Here's I responded to it.....to date, that poster has no real come back:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...lacks-just-less-employable-4.html#post2709534

Is there anything you can't blame the democrats for CG?

She blames Democrats and liberals for everything while simultaneously ignoring and or failing to point out the good that Republicans have done. She can talk high and mighty about what Republicans say they're going to do but the rerality is that Republicans are doing nothing for blacks.

Neither. We just don't encourage educational value in certain demographics. For this, I tend to blame the Democrats. They have made 'minorities' a 'pet project' and have failed them badly. They do it for the votes, they don't actually help minorities in any meaningful way. Instead of pushing programs that encourage education and positive outcomes, they encourage 'entitlement' programs.

And what are Republicans doing for racial minorities CG? Are you going to sit up here and regurgitate that same old Republican BS about how their Party was the Party that freed slaves and the Party of Abraham Lincoln or will you be just be honest and admit Republicans have done nothing really for black people to give them their vote except to blame Democrats for all the all the wrong? As bad as you blame Dems for misleading blacks when and where are Republicans leading blacks down the right path? You claim to blame both sides but you're not different than any partisan hack on this forum.

How does the "Bell Curve" account for crap like this:

Study Shows How Deeply Black Men Face Discrimination In Hiring

If you paid real attention, mani, you would know that I often blame both sides. I certainly view all politicians with equal contempt.... However, on this particular subject.... it is the Dems that have failed the minorities. They set themselves up as the 'party of minorities' and treat them like children.

they treat them like children and attack them if they dare support another party.

I never ceases to amaze me that the Minorities continue to flock to a Party that so openly uses them.

Look at historical charts, if memory serves, prior to minimal wage laws, UE was pretty even among the races and age groups. It's sad but as long as more blacks drop out of school and more blacks don't learn a trade; among other things; the UE rate will be higher;imho; than that of their racial counterparts in other groups.

the minimum Wage hike also has led directly to a 25% unemployment rate among youth.

Exactly what many on the right said it would do.

If you paid real attention, mani, you would know that I often blame both sides. I certainly view all politicians with equal contempt.... However, on this particular subject.... it is the Dems that have failed the minorities. They set themselves up as the 'party of minorities' and treat them like children.

they treat them like children and attack them if they dare support another party.

I never ceases to amaze me that the Minorities continue to flock to a Party that so openly uses them.

It fucking amazes me how Republicans want African Americans to flock to a political who's against affirmative action, supports bills and laws that disprortionately puts minorities and the poor at a disadvantage, a party thats against labor unions and a party thats against spending money on social programs to help the poor while at the same fucking time supporting any and all legislation that favors the rich like tax cuts for the richest of the rich that don't do shit to help the economy.

Last edited:

She blames Democrats and liberals for everything while simultaneously ignoring and or failing to point out the good that Republicans have done. She can talk high and mighty about what Republicans say they're going to do but the rerality is that Republicans are doing nothing for blacks.

What Could and should be done for Blacks and why is it justified?

I've heard, and it sounds reasonable, that the worst thing you can do for any individual is something that they could and should do for themselves.

Neither. We just don't encourage educational value in certain demographics. For this, I tend to blame the Democrats. They have made 'minorities' a 'pet project' and have failed them badly. They do it for the votes, they don't actually help minorities in any meaningful way. Instead of pushing programs that encourage education and positive outcomes, they encourage 'entitlement' programs.

And what are Republicans doing for racial minorities CG? Are you going to sit up here and regurgitate that same old Republican BS about how their Party was the Party that freed slaves and the Party of Abraham Lincoln or will you be just be honest and admit Republicans have done nothing really for black people to give them their vote except to blame Democrats for all the all the wrong? As bad as you blame Dems for misleading blacks when and where are Republicans leading blacks down the right path? You claim to blame both sides but you're not different than any partisan hack on this forum.

Do all Blacks react only as constituant parts of the the greater race? Why are you asking about "leading" this group as if it was a real group? How is it that this is not a collection of individuals with individual goals, talents and aspirations?

Why is this a mob devoid of individualism seeking only to be lead?

Forum List

Back